KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Which was better?

Which was better?
Started by: Imperial_Samura

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Which was better?

Just wondering, in the opinions of all you esteemed horror movie fans, which was better: Dark Water or the Ring? (Japanese versions... or remakes if you wish)

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 05:57 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Never found "Dark Water" for rent, and I liked the U.S. version of "The Ring/Ringu".

"Ringu" just wasn't as heavy with the uneasy visuals, and there were some gaping plotholes, and conveniences that didn't sit right with me.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 06:17 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
m. myers
michael myers attorney

i believe american remakes are better because the japanesse version just don't have good sound.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 09:47 PM
m. myers is currently offline Click here to Send m. myers a Private Message Find more posts by m. myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayer
Horror Fan

The Remake of the Ring in English is above average.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 11:48 PM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PissedOffGoalie
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Ring

Life out there is raw but we will never stop we will never quit 'cause we are Metallica

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 12:12 AM
PissedOffGoalie is currently offline Click here to Send PissedOffGoalie a Private Message Find more posts by PissedOffGoalie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Big_Boy

I haven;t seen Dark Water either but as far as the Ring debate...I liked Ringu over The Ring.

Always looking to buy Dawn Of The Dead (orig) memoribilia.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 04:08 PM
Darth_Big_Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Big_Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Big_Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

The japanese versions are far superior, and they have rubbish sound?, maybe its tyour system thats rubbish man, In Ju-On when the schoolgirls geti it in the house, the sound was incredible.

I would have to say ring(japanese) is better than Dark Water, although dark water is an outstanding film, very disturbing in a different way to ring, and dark water gave me the first nightmare id had since i was about 10!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 04:01 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ironmovies

The jap films r superior in every way
Ringu ROCKS so does the grudge

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 05:25 PM
ironmovies is currently offline Click here to Send ironmovies a Private Message Find more posts by ironmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote