KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » the one thing i hate about going to see horror movies...

the one thing i hate about going to see horror movies...
Started by: tabby999

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

Angry the one thing i hate about going to see horror movies...

as i'm sure all of you do, i love going to the movies. popcorn, cola, big screen, good sound quality, its all sweet. the one thing i really REALLY hate about going to the movies is standing in line with idiots.
i went and saw "Saw" on saturday (leave me alone, only just got released in Aus ok) and got to stand behind 6 people, 3 sets of boyfriends and girlfriends. not fussed about this, just chillin, nibbling at my popcorn, waiting to go in. then they start talking really loudly about their "horror movie veiwing." i dont know about you guys in the US but our posters for Saw has "best thriller/suspense (whatever) movies since Se7en" on it as one of the blurbs. one of the girls notices this and this is when the conversation got really freaking annoying. "oh hay look, they recon its the best movie since Se7en" "what movies that" "you know that movie we watched with brad pitt in it" "that one we watched last night" "yeah that one" "what was the ending like i fell asleep, it was so boring"

well i nearly choked on my popcorn. i love Se7en, and it is a freaking tops movie, and these weiners have some to see a movie of similar type the night after sleeping through it.

then the boyfriends start throwing all these little lines back and forth about all their "gory horrible movies" they have to impress their girlfriends. you know "hellraiser" "friday the 13th" "nightmare one elm street" and "TCM." half the stuff they talked about in the movie was pretty off the mark, i wanted to correct them, but i helld my tounge (i bet C-Dic and Evil Dead and probibly Backfire all have trouble not lecturing people in the cinema too).
during the movie, i ended up sitting infront of these weiners, listening to the girls go "oh my god, hes going to cut his foot off" "oh my god, he got his throat cut" "oh my god hes going to get shot" all thought it.
then when i was leaving, i heard all these gung-ho gore lover boyfriends talking about "how grossed out they were" by the movie and how "they shouldn't be allowed to put this kind of stuff in movies"
i dunno about you but i was ready to smack them up side the head with my empty popcorn box at this stage, gave them a horribly nasty look and left.
do any of you guys get these big noting morons in your theaters? do they talk all through your movies, ruining all chances of suspence and tension? do you? i ****ing hope not

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 10:10 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I had to deal with idiots like that when I went to go see The Exorsict: Begining. I was about ready to choke this one guy to death, I'm not kidding all through the movie he was talking about what he would do if all of that stuff happend to him. On the way out I pushed him into a wall.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 02:28 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

There have been a handful of Midnight showings where my tolerance for stupidity has been tested, notably those for "LOTR:ROTK" and "Star Wars: Episode 2". There's a gaggle of bullheaded wankers in every crowd, looking to flex their movie knowledge muscle. Don't do it around me, because I'll pee on you. Fair enough?

As for people actually interfering in my movies, I've been fortunate. I go during the day anyway.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Dec 8th, 2004 at 07:04 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 07:02 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

During Terminator 3 I had freakin' Ebert and Roeper behind me.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 07:41 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

when i went to Kill Bill Vol 1 i was one of those morons with my mate (talking and laughing) but we were the only ones there so it dosn't matter i suppose

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 11:40 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

If these losers are with their girlfriends they aren't going to do anything if you turn around and yell at them to STFU!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 03:24 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

quote:
Evil Dead and probibly Backfire all have trouble not lecturing people in the cinema too).

non-issue with me. I simply don't go to the theater..........like, ever. Here's why...

- annoying kids talking through the flick

- people making you get up so they can go empty their child size bladder during the middle of a film.

- listening to my wife, "who's doing what now? I'm not following"....which causes me to miss parts of the film. It's like explaining algebra to a rock.

- I'm a chain smoker.......no smoking in theaters......sad

- I have a better time watching a film in the comfort of my own home. I can eat what I want...when I want........smoke when I want......pause the dvd to tell my wife she's stupid and explain the plot to her.....etc........and no kids acting like asshats.

It's been over a year since I've been to the theater......the last movies I saw at the theater are:

- Matrix Revolutions (had to see the resolution to the Reloaded cliff hanger)
- Freddy v/s Jason (come on...couldn't wait for this one on dvd)
- Matrix Reloaded (first one was good.....)

all more than a year ago........the last movie before those I saw at a theater was probably Star Wars Ep. 2............in which I thoroughly loved listening to the grown man behind me explaining to his four year old son how the plot related to the previous 4 movies which he had never seen before. "when Obi Wan told Anakin he would be the death of him, it was foreshadowing in Star Wars when Darth Vader, that's who Anakin becomes when he turns bad, kills Obi Wan in the final duel........that's why it's so hilarious........now you see the comedic value in that my 4 year old child".

.......man I loathe the theater.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 04:55 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Good reasoning, Evil Dead! Also, if you're trying to hook up with someone you are not on a "second stage."

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 06:38 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zilverz

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Dead
.....and no kids acting like asshats.

LOL

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 07:56 PM
Zilverz is currently offline Click here to Send Zilverz a Private Message Find more posts by Zilverz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

Only reason I ever go to the cinema is for dates.
Any movies that seem good, I get my cousin to download (hes got faster net) and then if they are GREAT i got to the pictures.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 07:58 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

i like to go to the cinema when there is hardy anyone there...theres always some *** making stupid noises and have no interest in the film what so eva....american audiense seem crazy though! no offense..
i bought an illegal dvd copy of alien vs predator :ninjasada guy is recording it in the cinema in usa)
and the audieces are talking and laughin most the way through it...some one was shouting 'go predator!!! or 'predator rules'!! and laughing at the slightest thing.....id love to be in that atmosphere but i bet i would get annoyed after a while...in the uk most people in the cinema never get to excited...just the odd person

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 08:52 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

American cinemas are the worst sometimes. Like when I went to see The Incredibles and these two kids kept talking so I yelled and told them to shutup.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 08:58 PM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dario Argento
Master of Horror

When I saw City of the Living Dead, there were 3 guys who had to talk during the whole movie.. it was so annoying.. And all they could say was: "Oh my god its just like in Braindead and Bad Tasste" (I bet they didn't even know those films befor Lord of the Rings). And then they kept laughin at the wrong moments and they yelled Awesome.

Why the hell do people have to show how big their balls are at the movies? Do they think that just because its a horror movie they are allowed to talk?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 09:35 PM
Dario Argento is currently offline Click here to Send Dario Argento a Private Message Find more posts by Dario Argento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

When I saw Spider-Man 2 there was these extremely annoying girls probably in the 10 to 14 range. The giggled loudly throughout the whole movie and during the during the train scene one of the evil turds yelped and then they giggled even louder which ruined a very cool action scene for me. I was about six rows behind them and I was thinking about throwing my soda at them but thought better of it.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove on Dec 8th, 2004 at 11:08 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 10:59 PM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

i really wanted to punch this chick who was sitting behind me. fcuk equal rights, i spent $17 on my ticket and popcorn

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 11:48 PM
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I always try to make the Matinee on Saturdays so I'm the only one in the theater

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 01:54 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I didn't even see The Incredibles 'cause I was able to foresee all the kids in the theater (all who saw it already) yelling out what's gonna happen next. I'm waiting for the DVD.

Some people get testy at theaters though. I laughed when Anikan got his arm cut off and people all turned to look at me.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 02:48 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

LOL!

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 03:04 AM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh, when I went to see the village, I put my stuff in my seat and went to get pocorn, I come back, my stuff is moved and there are 3 goth girls and guy, so I called them Muff diving dykes and to get otu of my seat, and they did

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 03:37 AM
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

yeah i was laughing in Saw when things happen and people were staring at me, especially the girls and boyfriends who thought that it was a duisgusting movie. **** em if they cant see that not everything is serious they shouldn't be at a horror movie

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 03:43 AM