KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Shaun of the Dead "Your Thoughts"

Shaun of the Dead "Your Thoughts"
Started by: papabeard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Shaun of the Dead "Your Thoughts"

What are your thoughts on Shaun of the Dead, Personally i think it is one of the best films ever made.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 01:36 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

i woudnt go that far...good film though

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 01:51 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

I didnt like it, got the jokes, just didnt think they were funny.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 01:53 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I "think" there are a few other threads on this already. yes

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 03:05 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

In the meantime, I'll drop in my newly polished 2 cents.

I've seen "Shaun of the Dead" 5 times now. 3 times in the theatre, once with cast commentary, and once with Edgar/Simon commentary and Zombie-o-meter.

Everyone knew that I wasn't too hot on it before, moderately enjoying it, but not really allowing myself to like it because of hype and "British Humor" which wasn't hard to grasp the second time around.

"Shaun of the Dead" has quickly become one of my favorite movies of all time. Why? It's unique. It's funny. It's made by guys who have a genuine love for Horror movies, who know they don't have to rip flicks off left and right to show their "inspiration". The homages are subtle, few, and presented in gags, not exact scenes, i.e. thumbing through a phonebook, finding "Fulci's Italian Restaraunt".

The comedic value of "SOTD" is hit or miss for a lot of people. Some will watch a man getting beaten with pool ques to Queen and wonder why they are doing it. Others will see a man being beaten with pool ques, in precise unison with a Queen song, with a tracking camera, and appreciate how truly brutally clever these guys are.

"Shaun" is full of relatible characters. There's a guy in a rut, a slacker, the girlfriend in limbo, the tag along, the loving mother, the distant stepfather, and that one pompous ass that we all hate. The casting was excellent, I might add.

And, of course, the Horror element was just aces all round, featuring some of the best zombie apps I've seen in forever. All in all, after taking the time to go into "SOTD" with no prejudice, no expectations, and no mental barriers, I fell in love with it more with each viewing. It is absolutely fine if the movie doesn't appeal to you, but if you've only seen it once, give it one more chance because movies like this just don't come around very often anymore.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 03:29 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Big_Boy

LOVE IT!

Always looking to buy Dawn Of The Dead (orig) memoribilia.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 10:48 PM
Darth_Big_Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Big_Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Big_Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Big_Boy

CORY----how do you get the Zombie-O-Meter?

I choice the commentary with Simon and Edgar and thought it was in with it but its not??

Always looking to buy Dawn Of The Dead (orig) memoribilia.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 11:31 PM
Darth_Big_Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Big_Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Big_Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

i must say, i was waiting for you to come around cory. and i too loved the movie. unfortunatly its got the australian entertainment sections all over going on about how the Zombie movies is back and how Horror is dead. which annoys the shit out of me

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 12:36 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zilverz

Being a zombie fan, the movie was just a total climax for me. There wasnt a single scene that I did not enjoy or think was unnecisary.

I had already obtained a copy of shaun of the dead before it hit theaters in the US. By the time it made it, I had a free movie pass and refused to use it on shaun of the dead. I paid my full price ticket and happy enjoyed the movie for the 4th or 5th time. I also did not burn a copy of the DVD either. I went to Best Buy and paid the full $20. That movie deserves every penny from me and i wont deny them.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 01:21 AM
Zilverz is currently offline Click here to Send Zilverz a Private Message Find more posts by Zilverz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

By far one of the funnest time I've had this year watching a movie. Loved it, instant classic.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 01:27 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayer
Horror Fan

A truly outstanding flick.

The whole cast did a great job at playing their charactors and the effects where awesome.

One of the best horror flicks to be released in recent years.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 01:38 AM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have yet to see it. But with Gift cards and what not I'm going to get it after Christmas.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 02:16 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I love this movie. It's hilarious, gory, and touching in parts (particularly [SPOILER - highlight to read]: when that guy was gonna shoot Shaun's mom). Surely one of the best zombie movies I've seen in a while.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 05:33 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

IT WUZ MAD C00L Y0!!!!!1!1!!one1!!!1

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 05:42 AM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Darth_Big_Boy
CORY----how do you get the Zombie-O-Meter?

AH HA! You, sir, have to go to OPTIONS, then SUBTITLES, scroll down to the 3rd selection where it says ZOMBIE-O-METER, then Start Movie.

The subtitles will start right up, and I think the first one was the credits for the opening theme, taken from "Dawn of the Dead

quote:
Originally posted by Zilverz

By the time it made it, I had a free movie pass and refused to use it on shaun of the dead. I paid my full price ticket and happy enjoyed the movie for the 4th or 5th time. I also did not burn a copy of the DVD either. I went to Best Buy and paid the full $20. That movie deserves every penny from me and i wont deny them.

That's noble. I paid full admission once, saw it again a few weeks ago at the $1 theatres, then got passes for a free screening that I went to this past week for my third time. I watched the movie 3 times in 24 hours from the DVD release, lol.

I feel like such a mark at times, because now I literally go to bed, wanting to wake up and watch the movie again EVERY MORNING. I've NEVER felt this way about a movie. Ever.

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie
I love this movie. It's hilarious, gory, and touching in parts.

I know, there were some incredibly striking moments that seemed out of nowhere, but were totally effective. Simon Pegg is a great dramatic actor, too. He just gets shit on the entire movie, and he nailed every bar of the emotional spectrum.

The bonus features had one of the absolute funniest cut scenes ever, when Shaun offers himself to the zombies infront of the Winchester.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Over here! Ohhhhhh, BOLLOCKS! **** OFF! Just ****..OFF!" Cut! LOL

Oy, I can't get enough.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 07:22 AM
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

I love all of the references in the film as well as all the extras on the dvd. I never listen to commentaries but i have listened to every commentary on here and watched every extra and they give you a new perspective on the film and are very funny. The film itself is hilarious, as is a TV series simon pegg/nick frost and edgar wright and jessica simpson( who plays the leader of the other group that they meet in the garden, also actors from the office, little britain and league of gentlemen, all excellent britidh comedy tv shows)made called SPACED, which is fantastic and also has alot of references to sci-fi and horror films, fans of SOTD should check them all out, especially SPACED and THE LEAGUE OF GENTLEMEN ( TV SERIES NOT THE CRAP FILM WITH SEAN CONNERY)

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 10:09 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zilverz

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction

I feel like such a mark at times, because now I literally go to bed, wanting to wake up and watch the movie again EVERY MORNING. I've NEVER felt this way about a movie. Ever.

haha you sound like my friend billy... when he gets hooked on a movie ... hell watch it 3 4 or even 5 times in the same day ... like he has the DVDPlayer on Loop/Repeat or something haha

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 10:11 AM
Zilverz is currently offline Click here to Send Zilverz a Private Message Find more posts by Zilverz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

hi my names cory, and i have a problem...

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 11:18 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

Merry Christmas

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 11:36 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

whussup niggas!!!

want anythin from the shop??......cornetto

its not trance..its electro...ya prick

LOL

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 11:39 AM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote