KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Misery - your thoughts

Misery - your thoughts
Started by: tabby999

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

Misery - your thoughts

over christmas, i bought Misery, and i have to say, i really love this movie. i know that Dean(insert numbers here) loves this movie, i was wondering what you think of this movie?

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 02:10 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

Love Misery one of my favorite horror movies (along with Carrie)

(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Morning_Glory on Dec 28th, 2004 at 02:23 AM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 02:19 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dazzler619

Misery is a good film but it's not a horror

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 03:43 AM
Dazzler619 is currently offline Click here to Send Dazzler619 a Private Message Find more posts by Dazzler619 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

why not, its as much a horror movie as any. it has all the elements.
you dont get much better horror moments than when Bates hobbles the poor guy. and when Bates gets her head bashed in

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 08:00 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

The bit where the dude gets his ankles broken is sick... I can watch all these 'gory' movies, but bones breaking really screws me up.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 11:08 AM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slasherpunk18
Pro Wrestling Fan

It's more of a thriller than a horror.I read the book first and I think they adapted it pretty well.The hobbling is different in the book though.

-Anonymous

"Only those bold enough to chase dreams are the ones who catch them."

-Wrestlemania XX trailer

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 03:28 PM
slasherpunk18 is currently offline Click here to Send slasherpunk18 a Private Message Find more posts by slasherpunk18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

i see it more as a horror......great film though...im gonna read the book next

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 06:09 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Definitely has a lot of horror in it. One of my favourite King adapted films, alongside Carrie, like MornGlory mentioned.

Katy Bates is perfect in Misery!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 06:14 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

yeah, she has great mood swings and you actually worry when she goes mental

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 10:10 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I appreciate how "Misery" didn't just "insinuate" things. They show Kathy Bates with a block of wood, setting up James Caan's ankles, and she begins to swing. Do they cut away? Hell no, you see Caan's ankle SNAP and his delayed reaction, which is priceless, I might add.

Good stuff, I need to see it again.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 10:26 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

i'm stoked i got if for next to nothing! no extra feature though, bit of a *****

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 10:29 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am thinking of getting the special edition dvd, only about £4 in the sales now.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 12:18 AM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

thats how much i paid (well doing the conversion into aus dollar in my head thats about right) and all i got was the trailer

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 12:36 AM
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I love this movie. I've been meaning to get the book.
quote:
Originally posted by eggmayo
The bit where the dude gets his ankles broken is sick... I can watch all these 'gory' movies, but bones breaking really screws me up.

I'm the same way

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 08:30 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

or things like the nail through the finger in the ring, thats pretty harsh too

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 09:42 AM