KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Braindead

Braindead
Started by: tabby999

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

Laugh Braindead

i just saw this movie and what a laugh it is. peter jackson really outdid himself. i'd also agree with anyone who said it was the goriest movie ever, its impresive the level of special effects he used with a limited budget.

what do you lot think?

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 11:21 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

is it out on DVD to rent?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 11:24 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

Its either called Braindead or Dead Alive depending on where you live.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 11:25 AM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

and its been out for ages, this was one of Peter Jacksons first movie outings.

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 11:29 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

I think it was released '94?

I downloaded the uncut version recently, and thought it was so good I got the two-disc dvd.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 11:33 AM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I cant find it anywhere, but no problem because its on TV just about 2 times a week. Uncut.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 02:46 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zilverz

that zombie baby is the silliest looking zombie ever

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 03:23 AM
Zilverz is currently offline Click here to Send Zilverz a Private Message Find more posts by Zilverz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayer
Horror Fan

quote:
Originally posted by MornGlory
is it out on DVD to rent?

Morning Glory it's called Dead Alive in the U.S so if you live there you'll find itsmile

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 08:26 AM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayer
Horror Fan

quote:
Originally posted by slayer
Morning Glory it's called Dead Alive in the U.S so if you live there you'll find itsmile

If u can't find it anywhere there are many copies on both amazon and Ebay for a reasonable pricesmile

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 08:27 AM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by eggmayo
I got the two-disc dvd.

Lucky bastard. I mean that in the nicest, most jealous way possible, Egg. yes

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 08:32 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

c-dic younever means anything in the nicest possible way, your probably sitting in the corner wishing cancer on them wink

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 10:17 AM
eggmayo

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Lucky bastard. I mean that in the nicest, most jealous way possible, Egg. yes

www.play.com is the greatest site ever. wink

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 10:37 AM
slayer
Horror Fan

Lol isn't it like an entertainment site?

Back 2 the topic lol.....

I was going 2 order it on amazon the other day but i think i'll be getting around 2 it soon.....

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 10:57 AM
eggmayo

quote:
Originally posted by slayer
Lol isn't it like an entertainment site?

Back 2 the topic lol.....

I was going 2 order it on amazon the other day but i think i'll be getting around 2 it soon.....

Nah, play is a DVD ordering site. Region 2 only though, so Americans are screwed... I dunno about Australia.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 11:02 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by tabby999
c-dic you never mean anything in the nicest possible way, your probably sitting in the corner wishing cancer on them wink

That's not true, J. Truth of the matter is, I like pretty much everyone, just some people don't use their noodle sometimes. I'm not like Robo-Cop, totally incapable of emotion, er whatever.

As for a 2 disc "Braindead", we're not TOTALLY screwed, it's just that Region free DVD players are somewhat hard to come by at retail. I should seek one out, because I'd kill, no pun intended, for a double dip of that flick.

Which reminds me, does anyone own "Bad Taste"?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 02:53 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

i havent seen bad taste..i was meaning to but i forgot all about it untill u just mentioned it...bad taste is definetly the horror movie i need to see next
braindead was brilliant

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 07:10 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
That's not true, J. Truth of the matter is, I like pretty much everyone, just some people don't use their noodle sometimes. I'm not like Robo-Cop, totally incapable of emotion, er whatever.

As for a 2 disc "Braindead", we're not TOTALLY screwed, it's just that Region free DVD players are somewhat hard to come by at retail. I should seek one out, because I'd kill, no pun intended, for a double dip of that flick.

Which reminds me, does anyone own "Bad Taste"?

Cory, all you have to do is buy a DVD player from a countries Ebay site.
I have a Region 1 DVD player as of yesterday and a Region 2 PS2.
However, you can buy region-free DVD recorders that record TV shos and play DVD's... its all getting a bit confusing.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 07:26 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

i watched this and LMAO the monkey thing was hilarious

btw for all u in America who don't have the awesome site of www.play.com deliver to u fear no more u can go to www.playusa.com its the same thing just it delivers to America too wink

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 07:41 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

eek! I finally found it at FYE

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 08:20 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

quote:
Originally posted by eggmayo
Cory, all you have to do is buy a DVD player from a countries Ebay site.
I have a Region 1 DVD player as of yesterday and a Region 2 PS2.
However, you can buy region-free DVD recorders that record TV shos and play DVD's... its all getting a bit confusing.

cant cory just get a dvd region hack code for his dvd player?
my dvd player only played region 2 but i got a code from the net and then bingo..my dvd player was multi regional

cory what is your dvd player model??

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 09:54 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote