KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Best Horror Movie Of Last Year (2004)

BEST HORROR MOVIE OF LAST YEAR (2004)
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
SAW 6 35.29%
JU-ON THE GRUDGE ( JAPANESE VERSION) 0 0%
SHAUN OF THE DEAD 4 23.53%
DARK WATER 0 0%
DAWN OF THE DEAD 3 17.65%
THE GRUDGE (AMERICAN VERSION) 2 11.76%
WHITE NOISE 0 0%
THE VILLAGE 0 0%
HOUSE OF THE DEAD 0 0%
OTHER ( CANT THINK OF ANY OTHER FILMS) 2 11.76%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Best Horror Movie Of Last Year (2004)
Started by: papabeard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Question Best Horror Movie Of Last Year (2004)

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS BEST HORROR MOVIE OF LAST YEAR (2004)

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 10:29 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

aww crap, i clicked "other" because i didn't think Shaun of the Dead was on the list, then when i clicked "enter" i saw it. so my vote actually went to Shaun of the Dead

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 10:45 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

Dawn of The Dead remake.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 10:46 AM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I loved Saw.

White Noise is 2005 though.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 03:32 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

"Shaun", and "Ju-On" and "House of the dead" were both 2003, "White Noise" is 2005, and "Dark Water" has yet to be released.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 04:17 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

depends C-Dic, i'm in Australia, so for me it was the best 2004 release. if we're going on release in America, i'd say Saw was my fave horror release after Shaun

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 05:03 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sorcerer4u

Tongue

It's SAW

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 06:18 AM
sorcerer4u is currently offline Click here to Send sorcerer4u a Private Message Find more posts by sorcerer4u Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zilverz

Saw was great... so was shaun ... but i personally enjoyed the Dawn of the Dead remake the best

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 08:24 AM
Zilverz is currently offline Click here to Send Zilverz a Private Message Find more posts by Zilverz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bob-Zombie
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dawn of the dead owns all horror movies, cept a few of classics like alien and the thing.

Thee who disagree with thy paladin shall be smite-eth and smite-eth good!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 10:26 AM
Bob-Zombie is currently offline Click here to Send Bob-Zombie a Private Message Find more posts by Bob-Zombie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

Saw beats Dawn simply because Saw was original, Dawn didn't bring anything new

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 10:26 AM
Zilverz

quote:
Originally posted by tabby999

but zombies are my true love <3

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 10:08 PM
Zilverz is currently offline Click here to Send Zilverz a Private Message Find more posts by Zilverz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by tabby999

"Saw", if anything, was only original in presentation, and it even borrowed elements from both "Seven" and "Silence of the Lambs". The theme is nothing new. "Phonebooth" is a good example.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 10:18 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

Shaun of the dead was my fav..

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 11:00 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
"Phonebooth" is a good example.

Good example of what?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 11:54 PM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

i was going to ask that. i think he means Phonebooth was original i dont know...

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 01:08 AM
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
"Shaun", and "Ju-On" and "House of the dead" were both 2003, "White Noise" is 2005, and "Dark Water" has yet to be released.

Unless by "Dark Water" he means "Honogurai mizu no soko kara", the japanese film released in 2002...either way, he's off cause not a 2004 film

<`Syntax> iListen to pink floyd: wall.modify(numBricks++);

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 01:40 AM
Shaolin Monk is currently offline Click here to Send Shaolin Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Shaolin Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Worldwide release dates are causing a problem, Dark Water japanese version wasnt released here on vid until 2004, but since it was made in 2002 i shouldnt have included it. To be honest once i started the poll a couldnt htink of any decent horror movies from last year other than DAWN,SHAUN and SAW, hahaha

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 09:39 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

i'm still waiting for c-dic to clear up the phonebooth thing

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 11:15 AM
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

i THINK HE MEANS IT IS AN ORIGINAL CONCEPT, BUT THIS IS A BAD EXAMPLE ,IT IS NOT ORIGINAL AS THERE IS A FILM CALLED "DESTINY STANDS STILL" WHICH IS VERY SIMILAR, WITH A WOMAN HADCUFFED IN ONE PLACE IN A PARK AND SHE CANT MOVE AND AN UNKNOWN ASSASIN IS WATCHING HER, SPEAKING TO HER ON HER MOBILE THREATENING TO KILL FOR UNKNOWN REASONS, IN FACT THIS IS THE EXACT SAME CONCEPT AND STORYLINE AS PHONEBOOTH AND WAS RELEASED AND MADE BEFORE PHONEBOOTH

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 12:27 PM
eggmayo

would you not type in capitals, it gives me a headache

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 12:28 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote