KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » The Last Horror Movie

The Last Horror Movie
Started by: Plenthorpe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Plenthorpe

Shocked The Last Horror Movie

Oh man, I don't know how to start reviewing this. I don't think I can tell you anything about the plot, just that you absolutely have to see this. Better yet, rent it--on VHS. I've already given too much away. Let me just say, from now on when people ask me why I'm a horror fan, I'm going to tell them to see this movie. If you're a horror fan and you're constantly being asked why, see this movie. If you're not a horror fan, but you know one and you're constantly asking why, see this movie

Attachment: 48m.jpg
This has been downloaded 84 time(s).

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 11:23 AM
Plenthorpe is currently offline Click here to Send Plenthorpe a Private Message Find more posts by Plenthorpe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Plenthorpe

The Last Horror Movie

Has anybody seen the RATED and UNRATED versions of THE LAST HORROR MOVIE.

If so, what's the difference?

Attachment: 48m.jpg
This has been downloaded 74 time(s).

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 12:12 PM
Plenthorpe is currently offline Click here to Send Plenthorpe a Private Message Find more posts by Plenthorpe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

The LAst Horror Movie.This sounds very much like the plot of a film called Man bites Dog made in about 1992 which is classic.

Will check it out though

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 12:21 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

Why?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 12:32 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

hmm I don't know it looks kind of lame, but I'm open to lots of stuff so I'll have a look

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 01:01 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

It's painfully obvious what section this belongs in, lol. I was actually going to rent this last night, but passed. Guess I'll give it a whirl, b/c mainstream "horror" has been riddled with failures as of late.

Not that Fangoria is a purveyor of incredible horror flicks, either. messed

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 04:14 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I saw it at a horror film festival here in 2003, it's worth the watch indeed, but it's not up there with my favourites. Might have to rent it to see it again.

It's a British film as well smile

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 06:17 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Hmm... maybe I'll check this out.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 08:10 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Did you really need to create two threads on the same movie?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 08:18 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Plenthorpe

quote:
Originally posted by papabeard
This sounds very much like the plot of a film called Man bites Dog made in about 1992.

It is similar to MAN BITS DOG, but it also shares similarities with HENRY:Portrait Of A Serial Killer, THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT and THE RING.

Fangoria's BLOODLINE sucked, but this time I think they have struck gold. THE LAST HORROR MOVIE is not your average horror film, in fact it turns the genre completely on it's head. It's more a character study, masquerading as a horror movie, and it really does dig deep into the mind of a serial killer.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 10:46 PM
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

I have been passing on this flick fora while now, Looked to risky(i rented Curse of the Komodo instead smile ) anyhow i suppose I will rent it in the morning.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 12:51 AM
Cowboyography is currently offline Click here to Send Cowboyography a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyography Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:

It is similar to MAN BITS DOG, but it also shares similarities with HENRY:Portrait Of A Serial Killer, THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT and THE RING.

Why? Because it involves a video tape and a psycho? Likening it to "BWP" is doing it a HUGE favor.

Pass on it. It's basically a horror version of "Man Bites Dog", but with more psychoanalysis and browbeating, with some dork spitting out philosophical nonsense about the human psyche to make you think he was a deep thinker.

Boring kills, too slow paced, and although it was only 70 minutes, it ran over by 69.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 07:06 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xLiNdS x 622x
Boom shakalaka

i almost rented it but passed..whats it about?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 05:04 AM
xLiNdS x 622x is currently offline Click here to Send xLiNdS x 622x a Private Message Find more posts by xLiNdS x 622x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Basically a guy who makes a snuff film under the premise that he wants to explore the voyeuristic side of people, test their limits, and give people a "real" horror film. As an aside, nobody ever submits the film to the authorities, which I believe he acknowledges in the movie, thus proving his suspicions right.

It wasn't very effective.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 05:31 AM
NothingInVein
Restricted

Account Restricted

i have seen so many threads on this movie on other forums. great flick!

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 06:30 AM
NothingInVein is currently offline Click here to Send NothingInVein a Private Message Find more posts by NothingInVein Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Oy...

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 07:16 AM
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol,geussing from the title I can already see what kind of movie it will be like.I'll pass.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 07:47 AM
Beastro is currently offline Click here to Send Beastro a Private Message Find more posts by Beastro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote