KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Shaun of the Dead vs Return of the Living Dead 3

Shaun of the Dead vs Return of the Living Dead 3
Started by: BlackC@t

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

quote:
Originally posted by papabeard
Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of Shaun of the Dead Limited Edition, the HMV/Virgin exclusive slipcase, with the comic strip and posters?

I have looked everywhere to no avail I know it has been deleted by Virgin and HMV, and I ve tried , ebay, amazon, everywhere

Help would be much apprecoated

I can't believe you actually want to buy that piece of crap film...

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Jan 25th, 2005 at 03:12 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 11:15 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snipes
Number 1

Shaun of the dead is an excellent film, but i guess some people dont like british humor. I didnt think it had that much british humor anyway.

but back to the topic, im afraid i cant help you.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 11:26 AM
Snipes is currently offline Click here to Send Snipes a Private Message Find more posts by Snipes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

This is a great film, but is based on a very british sense of humour, I just think you did not understand the humour or expected something different.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 11:28 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

quote:
Originally posted by BlackC@t
I can't believe you actually want to buy that piece of trash film...

you have the nerve to say shaun of the dead is crap while brandishing a return of the living dead 3 sig roll eyes (sarcastic)

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 04:41 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote:
Originally posted by dean7879
you have the nerve to say shaun of the dead is crap while brandishing a return of the living dead 3 sig roll eyes (sarcastic)
laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 05:57 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snipes
Number 1

good one dean yes

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 09:44 PM
Snipes is currently offline Click here to Send Snipes a Private Message Find more posts by Snipes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

quote:
Originally posted by dean7879

Very nice one thumb up

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 12:10 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Not really.

Return of the Living Dead 3 was a unique, orginal zombie film, it wasn't about a bunch of zombie escaping from their graves trying to eat people like most zombie films.

The plot was strong, not to slow paced and not to fast paced, and the gore level was very satisfying.

What's so great about Shaun of the Dead? it takes at least half-an hour for anything REMOTELY interesting to happen and it had one funny thing in it. Oh, yeah, really brilliant roll eyes (sarcastic)

Back on topic, it's probably sold out being a limited edition...

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 01:15 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

shaun of the dead is unique as well because it is set in britain,,,the story is still the same but the overlal feel of the movie is different because of the characters and what they do in the situation
rotld 3 is unique but i dont dig that kind of zombie movie....i prefer the bunch of zombies escaping from their graves type of story....thats the best type of zombie flick

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 08:23 AM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Plot for Return of the Living Dead 3:

"Colonel Reynolds and his group of government scientists continue their work on re-animating the dead for military use. His son Curt and his girlfriend Julie use Dad's security pass to sneak in and watch the proceedings. Later when father and son have a disagreement, Curt and Julie take off on a motorcycle and Julie is killed in an accident. Grief-stricken, Curt takes her body to the lab and brings her back to life. Curt must help Julie deal with her new existence as military agents and local gang members try to find them."

Yeah, that's really unique, though I think there's another movie about something being brought to life in a lab, what's it called? Oh yeah, Frankenstein.

Shaun of the Dead is pure gold, it's use of comedy, outstanding gore that isn't over used, and interesting characters is extremely refreshing and very very unique.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 08:44 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

thumb up

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 03:15 PM
BREN

ok well in my view only the first return of the living dead is good very good mind you i thought part 2 was a complete rehash of 1,part 3 is better than 2 tho smile
and for an english movie shaun rocks smile

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 03:20 PM
BREN is currently offline Click here to Send BREN a Private Message Find more posts by BREN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jennifer_Tilly
~*Sexy*~

I havent seen Shaun of the Dead yet cause everytime I go to rent it, it's always checked out but I think it will be way better then ROTLD 3.

*~The Vampire with a Soul!~*

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 07:17 PM
Jennifer_Tilly is currently offline Click here to Send Jennifer_Tilly a Private Message Find more posts by Jennifer_Tilly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer_Tilly
I havent seen Shaun of the Dead yet cause everytime I go to rent it, it's always checked out but I think it will be way better then ROTLD 3.

it is.....way better..way way way way better
way way way way way way..u get my point?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 08:34 PM
The Inkeeper

Shaun of the dead, i JUST finished watching that. Brilliant stuff

Im Back happy

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 08:38 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Did Frankenstein eat brains? No roll eyes (sarcastic)

Was Frankenstein bought back by Trioxin? No roll eyes (sarcastic)

Was Frankenstein a love story? No roll eyes (sarcastic) (Apart from Bride of Frankenstein)

Did Frankenstein use pain to stop the hunger? No roll eyes (sarcastic)

Did Frankenstein pierce himself with shards of glass and metal to stop the hunger? No. Oh, yeah, exactly the same huh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

You can't call Shaun of the Dead orginal simply because it was set in Britain. But you can call it crap because it was slow, boring, and NOT FUNNY.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 10:39 PM
Deano

not exactly the same no...but still the same general idea
not funny? shaun of the dead? have u got a sense of humour?
slow? have u got an attention span?
your outnumbered..everyone loves shaun of the dead
maybe you should watch it again...it took c-dic a few viewings to get used to the humour ...try watching it again..then comment

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 10:43 PM
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

One bit I did love was when the guys group crossed paths with a group that was exactly the same as thier group laughing

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 10:47 PM
Deano

whassup niggas!
that bit cracked me up

i didnt find the film hilarious...it has some funny moments
but overall it is different than most zombie films in terms of the characters and setting...thats why i enjoyed it so much

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 10:57 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

"Did Frankenstein eat brains? No Was Frankenstein bought back by Trioxin? No "

Return of the Living Dead 3 was not the first movie to involve eating brains. Nor was it the first movie that involved dead people coming back to life because of a chemical, heck, ROTLD did that first. Thus, 3 is not unique.

"Was Frankenstein a love story? No (Apart from Bride of Frankenstein)"

Granted, no love story in Frankenstien, but as you already pointed out, there was a love story in Bride. Which means the love story aspect has already been done. Thus making that aspect of ROTLD3 not unique in anyway. Good work on destroying your own argument.

"Did Frankenstein use pain to stop the hunger? No

Did Frankenstein pierce himself with shards of glass and metal to stop the hunger? No. Oh, yeah, exactly the same huh? "

Those two things don't make the movie as a whole unique, the premise of ROTLD3 is a poor rehash of Bride of frankenstien/Frankenstien.

"You can't call Shaun of the Dead orginal simply because it was set in Britain. But you can call it crap because it was slow, boring, and NOT FUNNY."

And you can't call ROTD3 original becyase it involves piercing someone with glass, nor can you call it original because it is exactly the same as Bride of Frankenstien.

You CAN call Shaun of the Dead original for it's use of humor, however. It's use of romance and it's great characters that are the last type of characters you'd normally expect from a zombie film. Also, you're in the minority of thinking Shaun of the Dead is NOt funny, it's pretty much recognized as having some of the best humor ever to grace a horror film. Obviously, you're also in the minority of thinking that a crappy, unoriginal, cheesy sequel to a sequel is better then one of the most highly regaurded horror films released in recent years.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 12:49 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote