KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Review: Hide and Seek

Review: Hide and Seek
Started by: Solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Solo

Guess I could see it when I go cruise the theatre tomorrow.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 11:31 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
justinday15
Jay

How scary is it, on a scale from 1 to 10? And is it worth 6 bucks to see it?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 04:28 AM
justinday15 is currently offline Click here to Send justinday15 a Private Message Find more posts by justinday15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jnr hiphop
Some Guy

LoL I've been going through all 'hide and seek' threads to find the answer to that and nobody would answer me either..

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 05:40 AM
jnr hiphop is currently offline Click here to Send jnr hiphop a Private Message Find more posts by jnr hiphop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

About 6/10, scare factor. It's more creepy than anything.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 05:55 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Where did your review go, C-Dic? Is it just me or did it disappear?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 06:50 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

His review is in the Movie Discussion forum.A little further down the page.CA,it sounded like you where trying to sugercoat your review so you wouldnt have to say that we where right in that it would suck.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 07:26 AM
Beastro is currently offline Click here to Send Beastro a Private Message Find more posts by Beastro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Not at all. I throughly enjoyed it, and I made it a point to be as unbiased as possible. I outed the flaws.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 04:33 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is it one of those movies you would enjoy and watch just for entertainment or is it really good?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 11:00 PM
Beastro is currently offline Click here to Send Beastro a Private Message Find more posts by Beastro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I said before it's good entertainment. It had a great start, and both Ebert and Roeper said the same thing, but they were disappointed in how it unraveled into an atypical thriller twist ending. "Well crafted" was their exact wording.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 03:14 AM
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought ebert and roepers reviews werent released till sunday confused

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 03:36 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

"At the Movies", (television) they split on it, and I believe that was from last weekend anyway, since they review films a week in advance.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 03:44 AM
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are you sure?It says on theire website there not scheduled to give their reviews on it till sunday.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 03:45 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Ebert and Roeper: Reviews for the Weekend

quote:

Upcoming Television Show

This weekend (1/29), Roger Ebert and Richard Roeper review:

* HIDE AND SEEK with Robert De Niro, Dakota Fanning, Elisabeth Shue and Famke Janssen.
* RORY O'SHEA WAS HERE with James McAvoy, Steven Robertson and Romola Garai.
* BRIDE AND PREJUDICE with Aishwarya Rai.
* LACKAWANNA BLUES with Jimmy Smits, Mos Def, Rosie Perez and S. Epatha Merkerson.

Yeah, I'm sure.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 06:18 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

You can read eberts review at http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps...EVIEWS/50119001

Anyways, here's a quote that I completely agree with when it comes to todays cliched horror thrillers.

"At the beginning of "Hide and Seek," I thought I was going to be interested in the characters all the way to the end, but then the plot went on autopilot. In a movie like "The Ballad of Jack and Rose," the characters keep on living and learning and hurting and hungering, and there's no surprise at the end to let them off the hook."

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 07:14 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Ebert and Roeper: Reviews for the Weekend

Yeah, I'm sure.

You must get the reviews earlier.I get em on Sunday night.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 07:19 AM
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow after reading Roger's review I dont know if I want to see it.I mean the only thing that matters to a story is the ending and if you have a good setup but not a good ending then you dont have a good movie.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 07:33 AM
jnr hiphop
Some Guy

Is it more scary than The Grudge?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 08:01 AM
jnr hiphop is currently offline Click here to Send jnr hiphop a Private Message Find more posts by jnr hiphop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Beastro
You must get the reviews earlier.I get em on Sunday night.

The television show airs on Saturday EVERYWHERE in the U.S.

quote:
Originally posted by Beastro
I mean the only thing that matters to a story is the ending and if you have a good setup but not a good ending then you dont have a good movie.

That's not true at all. Opinion, maybe, but that doesn't apply to all movies, especially not knowing how they end unless you actually want to read spoilers.

quote:
Originally posted by jnr_hiphop

Well, neither were scary. "Hide and Seek" was just more creepy.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 03:48 PM
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

quote:
Originally posted by jnr_hiphop

Yes, it's more scary than sesame street.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 03:48 PM
tpaquin is currently offline Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
The television show airs on Saturday EVERYWHERE in the U.S.

Nope,I get in 11:30 Sunday night.

quote:
That's not true at all. Opinion, maybe, but that doesn't apply to all movies, especially not knowing how they end unless you actually want to read spoilers.

It may not apply to all movies but for me if a movie doesnt have a good ending or final act then it isnt worth watching.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 10:16 PM