KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » "Malevolence"

"Malevolence"
Started by: Cinemaddiction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

"Malevolence"

Malevolence Website

Just curious if you guys have heard anything about it? I was reading some reviews, saw some production stills and a trailer on the site, and it actually looks pretty spooky.

I found a place near me that's screening it, so I figured I'll give it a gander.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 03:23 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GeminiinimeG

I'm sure most know about this movie by now. Any1 get a chance to check out the dvd? What did u think? I liked the extra features: can't get those in the movies. I heard it's part of a trilogy. More movies should keep the entire new cast theme going.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 04:15 PM
GeminiinimeG is currently offline Click here to Send GeminiinimeG a Private Message Find more posts by GeminiinimeG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrankWhite69

how was the movie oevrall???

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 06:47 AM
FrankWhite69 is currently offline Click here to Send FrankWhite69 a Private Message Find more posts by FrankWhite69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
netkid85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrankWhite69
how was the movie oevrall???

i rented it a few days ago. i thought it was quite good, it had alot of suspense and surprises. i also liked how it was similar to older slashers like tcm and halloween...if ur a horror fan frank...you should watch itwink

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 03:30 PM
netkid85 is currently offline Click here to Send netkid85 a Private Message Find more posts by netkid85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

haven't checked it out yet.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post May 5th, 2005 12:19 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I saw it today and thought it was miserable. Firstly, the title of the film makes no sense, just used because it sounds Horror-ish. "Malevolence", for those of you that don't know, just means to wish people were dead.

The movie itself was pretty well paced, the dialogue was pretty tight, and not hokey like so many low budget Horrors. However, the actual storyline was way out of whack.The introduction of the characters and their subsequent intermingling ties in real nicely, thing is, then it evolves into TCM all over again. The director, in the extras, said it was supposed to be a character study of weirther we're born serial killers, or can we be made such by society. It didn't hit on that premise at all, until the very end, which I might add was tied up very sloppily, to intersect with the opening of the film.

"Malevolence" could best be described as Michael Myers stealing Jason's sack mask, taking up a home in the outskirts of Texas (Chainsaw Massacre), and slashing away, while his victims try to escape.

Just another deriviative, B Horror movie that tried to get back to its roots, and be socially aware at the same time, just failing.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 06:59 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I was just reading about this movie and its supposed to be the 2nd one in a trilogy. I read a few reviews and some were good and some were real bad.My local video store doesnt carry it, so I guess Ill probably download it. Were the other 2 parts ever made?

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 01:17 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Espantada23
Sexual Entity

I just watched every clip and the trailer...looks interesting enough...'cept for the sack over the head.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 05:09 AM
Espantada23 is currently offline Click here to Send Espantada23 a Private Message Find more posts by Espantada23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote