KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » The Grudge 2

The Grudge 2
Started by: Napalm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

The Grudge 2

Raimi & Tapert Making 'The Grudge 2'
[Friday, January 28th, 2005]
The Grudge producers Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert say they are working with director Takashi Shimizu to make the sequel The Grudge 2. "We just came from a big story conference this whole last week," Raimi told Now Playing Magazine. "[Shimizu] came to America, to Los Angeles, and we met with him in a little room on the Columbia Pictures lot and hammered out an outline for the first draft of part two. And he's planning, I think, on working in the same subtle, elegant way that he made the first film in."

Tapert says that the sequel won't be based on the Japanese version. "The second one is much more of a standalone movie than [the first one] was," Tapert said. "In fact, there are very few elements in the second one, at least where it is right now, that are derivative of previous works. [The first one] kind of borrowed from all of the previous movies that have gone before. [And this one is going in a new direction,] and that's one of the reasons that the director is interested. He's kind of told the story so many times that he didn't want to go back and revisit what he's done, and it was only that [he and] the writer had some new ideas that they wanted to explore in terms of The Grudge [that brought them back]."

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 03:43 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Norma Jean
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hope not.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 03:45 PM
Norma Jean is currently offline Click here to Send Norma Jean a Private Message Find more posts by Norma Jean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I enjoyed the original film version of Grudge 2, be looking forwards to see what he can do with a remake.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 06:57 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 02:23 AM
Beastro is currently offline Click here to Send Beastro a Private Message Find more posts by Beastro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Cool happy

Really liked the first one.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 03:41 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

A new direction? I doubt they're leaving behind the ghosts. In Japan, if your movie doesn't feature a ghost with long black hair, you're ousted from society. no expression

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 03:45 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol,thats actually weird how thats true.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 04:21 AM
Beastro is currently offline Click here to Send Beastro a Private Message Find more posts by Beastro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I think they mean a different grudge, but same ghost. Something like that erm

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 07:15 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

A new ghost that has a different grudge? no expression

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 07:58 AM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

They should have the girl come out of a handheld PDA just for originality and comedic purposes. If The Ring 2 doesn't jump all over that idea, The Grudge 2 should.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 04:09 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

The "Grudge 2" is already going to laughable.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 06:15 PM
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I didn't find anything wrong with 'The Grudge.'

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 03:17 AM
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah,other than its confusing time changing plot,it's cheap jump scares and the weird japanese girl and boy it was great smile

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 06:16 AM
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
A new direction? I doubt they're leaving behind the ghosts. In Japan, if your movie doesn't feature a ghost with long black hair, you're ousted from society. no expression

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 12:26 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

quote:
Originally posted by Beastro
Yeah,other than its confusing time changing plot,it's cheap jump scares and the weird japanese girl and boy it was great smile

It's a lot easier to understand if you are older then 13 smile

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 03:35 AM
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

And I am older than 13 so I would understand and I understand that this was a crappy movie.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 04:03 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by BlackC@t
It's a lot easier to understand if you are older then 13 smile

You know, "The Grudge" is one of the few movies that requires any comprehension to "get" what's going on. IMO, it's a piss poor ghost story , with nothing to really understand.

What it does have over the original is a coherent sense of continuity.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 04:14 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

I found it confusing.It had that side plot about the detective from years ago and it kept switching without telling the audience.Then at the end when the detective and Gellar meet up in the how I didnt even know what was going on or what it was suppose to mean.

I didnt know what that little part where a hand came out of Gellars head meant because it was suppose to be the highlight but it stopped so abruptly you could barely digest what just happened.

It had one of the poorest "twist endings" ive ever seen.The whole thing about the dad murdering the mom looked like it would fit an episode of CSI: not horror movie.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 04:52 AM
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I didn't find it confusing either.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 10:21 AM
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

I merely found it stupid.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 03:27 PM
tpaquin is currently offline Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote