KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Giallos

Giallos
Started by: sarcomens

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sarcomens

Giallos

I love to watch giallos especially at easter. It's crime-time. Do you people have any recommendations for what to bye this year? Love Argento, so I have already thought of The cardplayer. I like it bloody and with an surprising end.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 11:37 AM
sarcomens is currently offline Click here to Send sarcomens a Private Message Find more posts by sarcomens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BREN

if u like argento id say u probly allready own deep red (profondo rosso) and tenebrae? if u dont they are a must
i personally like a giallo movie called rings of fear (enigma rosso)heres the imdb link

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077505/
and terror
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078235/
great giallos
smile

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 02:38 PM
BREN is currently offline Click here to Send BREN a Private Message Find more posts by BREN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sarcomens

yup, seen Argento. Thanks. Check'em out.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 02:55 PM
sarcomens is currently offline Click here to Send sarcomens a Private Message Find more posts by sarcomens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I just recently started to get into the genre myself. Basically all giallos are mystery murder stories with the usual "Who done it?" detective cases. Argento best Giallos are Opera, Deep Red, and Tenebre. Here are some I recommend:

Delirium
Who saw her Die?
Don't Torture a Duckling
Woman in a Lizard's skin
Spasmo

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 07:49 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sarcomens

I liked Argentos Sleepless and Bird with the crystal plumage too. Have seen the other on your list except Spasmo. Saw a trailer for it and it looked really bad. Is it really a giallo. Don't torture a duckling is great, and Fulci's New York Ripper too, even it's not really a giallo, but thats one of the great things about the movie that he breaks the gialli-conventions and makes something new. Just saw one giallo called What have they done to Solange. I think it was pretty good too.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 07:46 AM