KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Banned Horror

Banned Horror
Started by: Jason_Krueger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jason_Krueger
I play with dead things.

Banned Horror

Im looking for some banned horror movies, I've been trying to get ahold of a VHS copy of Cannibal Ferox and Cannibal Holocaust for some time now, but if anybody knows of any banned horror films list them and if possible say where there banned..

When theres no more room in hell, Jason Voorhees will walk the Earth

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 06:08 PM
Jason_Krueger is currently offline Click here to Send Jason_Krueger a Private Message Find more posts by Jason_Krueger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Isn't Cannibal Holocaust getting a DVD release?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 06:29 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Yes, but no recent news yet. I'm been keeping track of Grindhouse but no latest news for now.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 07:49 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 07:54 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

none of these previously banned films have been banned in the uk since about 1999, its ludicrous that it took so long for them to be released as most are very tame.

You can get Cannibal Holocaust and all the vipco titles in the uk and from the vipco website, although they have no extras

www.horrorvideo.com/home.asp

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 08:25 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Freaks or some title like that, featuring a cast of real live freaks was composed in the thirties and banned in the UK for a time.

Straw Dogs was made in 1971 and banned, though I found it quite boring.

A Clockwork Orange was also banned for a time cool

And Childs Play Three was unpopular enough in the UK for a time to count as banned.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 09:16 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

lmao @ childs play 3, is cannibal holocaust banned in the US? wouldnt think so but havent seen it, and have heard so much about it since being on these boards im dyin to see it

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 09:33 PM
SithSpy is currently offline Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Childs Play 3 was never banned here in the UK. If that's what you meant by 'count' as banned...

Anyway, Freaks is avaliable in all its glory on dvd here now in the UK, been out on vhs for ages though. It's still banned in some countries though.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 09:51 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Guinea Pig series was banned in America for some time, because it was believed that one of them was an actual snuff film.

Cannibal Holocaust is still banned in some parts of the world, I believe.

Titicut Follies was banned in America for a few decades because of the horrible way it made the psychiatric industry look.

Last House on the Left was banned in numerous countries as well.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 10:04 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BREN

the cannibal holocaust that is released in the uk is censored.obviously u r from the uk Jason_Krueger?
and what u are asking about are the banned (video nasties) i presume?
ok well most of the original list of the 81 horror movies that were banned!,a clockwork orange was never really banned also neither was childs play (clockwork didnt get a relaese cos kubrick wouldnt let warner release it,came out after he died,childs play was pulled by warner,first movie,and cic the others ,after the jamie bulger case and the bad press childs play 3 got)straw dogs was never officially a banned video nasty,the bbfc refused to grant it a video certificate alltho it could still be shown in cinemas,the only version that was released in the uk at that time on the guild home video label was the cut usa r rated version
this the shape of some of the now re released movies off the original nastys list just so u guys know they dont rerelease all of em uncut like we are led to beleive !sad

ANTHROPOPHAGOUS THE BEAST --- Granted an '18' as "The Grim Reaper" on a cheap DVD label, but heavily cut.
AXE --- Granted an '18' cert in 1999 but cut by 18 seconds
THE BEYOND --- Granted an uncut '18' in 2001
BLOOD FEAST --- Granted an '18' in 2001 but cut by 23 seconds (whipping scene)
BLOODBATH/BAY OF BLOOD --- Granted an '18' in 1994 but cut by 43 seconds (trims to 4 of the murders)
BLOODY MOON --- Granted an '18' in 1993 but cut by 1 minute 20 seconds
THE) BOGEYMAN --- Granted an uncut '18' in 2000
(THE) BURNING --- Granted an uncut '18' in 2002
CANNIBAL APOCALYPSE - granted an '18' in 2005 with 1 seond of cuts to rat deaths!
CANNIBAL FEROX --- Granted an '18' in 2002 but cut by 7 minutes 6 seconds
CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST --- Granted an '18' in 2001 but cut by 5 minutes 44 seconds
(THE) CANNIBAL MAN --- Granted an '18' in 1993 but cut by 3 seconds (throat slitting)
CANNIBAL TERROR --- Granted an uncut '18' in 2003
CONTAMINATION --- Granted an uncut '15' in 2003
DEAD AND BURIED --- Granted an uncut '18' in 1999
DEATH TRAP --- Granted an uncut '18' in 2000
DEEP RIVER SAVAGES --- Granted an '18' in 2003 but cut by 3 minutes 45 seconds
DELIRIUM --- Granted an '18' in 1987 (as "Psycho Puppet") but cut by 16 seconds
DON'T GO IN THE HOUSE --- Granted an '18' in 1987 but cut by 3 minutes 7 seconds
DON'T GO NEAR THE PARK --- Removed from DPP list. Never re-released. A cut version appeared on UK Horror Channel in 2004.
DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT --- Removed from DPP list. Released as ant '18' and later a '15'. Both supposedly uncut.
DRILLER KILLER --- Granted an uncut '18' in 2002
(THE) EVIL DEAD --- Granted an uncut '18' in 2001
EVILSPEAK --- Granted an uncut '18' in 2004....1999 '18' release though is cut by 3 minutes 33 seconds
EXPOSE --- Granted an '18' in 2002 cut by a further 51 seconds'compared to the cut 'X' cinema print.
FACES OF DEATH --- Granted an '18' in 2003 but cut by 2 minutes 19 seconds (animal footage only)
FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN --- Granted an '18' in 1996 but cut by 56 seconds
FROZEN SCREAM -- Removed from DPP list. Never re-released
(THE) FUNHOUSE --- Granted an uncut '18' in 1987
(THE) HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY --- Granted an '18' in 2001 but cut by 33 seconds.(ALL earlier '18's' are butchered)
HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK --- Granted an '18' in 2002 but cut by a massive 11 minutes 43 seconds
HUMAN EXPERIMENTS --- Removed from List. Deleted. Not to be confused for the film of the same name on 'Vipco'.
I MISS YOU, HUGS & KISSES --- Granted an '18' (as "Drop Dead Dearest") in 1986 but cut by 1 minute 6 seconds
I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE --- Granted an '18' in 2001 but cut by 7 minutes 2 seconds
INFERNO --- Granted an '18' in 1993 but cut by 20 seconds (violence to a cat/cat eating mouse)
ISLAND OF DEATH --- Granted an '18' in 2002 but cut by 4 minutes 9 seconds
KILLER NUN --- Granted an '18' in 1993 but cut by 13 seconds
LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT --- Granted an '18' in 2002 but cut by 31 seconds
LIVING DEAD AT MANCHESTER MORGUE/LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE --- Granted an uncut '18' in 2002
MADHOUSE --- Granted an uncut '18' in 2004.
MOUNTAIN OF THE CANNIBAL GOD --- Granted an '18' in 2001 cut by 2 mins 6 secs. Not the extended 'Anchor Bay' print
NIGHT OF THE BLOODY APES --- Granted an '18' in 2002 but was heavily pre-cut. It's ironic that a quote from MY review of this film that I did for 'Zombiekeeper.com' ended up on the back cover for this heavily censored version!
NIGHT OF THE DEMON --- Granted an '18' in 1994 but cut by 1 minute 41 seconds
NIGHTMARE MAKER --- Removed from DPP list but was rejected in 1987 by BBFC. No re-release
NIGHTMARE IN A DAMAGED BRAIN --- Granted an '18' in 2002 with no further cuts but in it's banned pre-cut version
POSSESSION --- Granted an uncut '18' in 1999
PRANKS --- Granted an '18' in 2001 but cut by 10 seconds
REVENGE OF THE BOGEYMAN --- Granted an uncut '18' in 2003. New edit has even more scenes from first film
SHOGUN ASSASSIN --- Granted an uncut '18' in 1999
(THE) SLAYER --- Granted an uncut '18' in 2001
SNUFF --- Granted an uncut '18' in 2003 (not released yet)
TENEBRE --- Granted an uncut '18' in 2002. Banned version was actually the cut by 4 seconds cinema print
TERROR EYES/NIGHT SCHOOL --- Granted an '18' in 1987 but cut by 1 minute 16 seconds
(THE) TOOLBOX MUDERS --- Granted an '18' in 2000 but cut by 1 minute 46 seconds
UNHINGED --- Awaiting an uncut release, passed '18' in 2004.
VISITING HOURS --- Granted '18' in 1986 using cut cinema print (no time on cuts but shots of girl being kicked on floor removed)
WITCH WHO CAME FROM THE SEA --- Removed from DPP list. No re-release
WOMEN BEHIND BARS --- Removed from DPP list. No re-release. Planned relesase by 'Redemption' was rejected by BBFC.
XTRO --- Granted an uncut '18' in 1992 (never cut by the BBFC anyway). Caught up with the 'Nasties' but not officially on the DPP List.
ZOMBIE CREEPING FLESH/HELL OF THE LIVING DEAD --- Granted an uncut '18' in 2002. Banned version was cut
ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS --- Granted an '18' in 1999 but cut by 23 seconds

MOVIES STILL ON THE LIST !!! (for various resons)

ABSURD...aka: Anthropophagus 2/Monster Hunter/Zombie 6:Monster Hunter/Horrible
(THE) BEAST IN HEAT...aka: SS Hell Camp
BLOOD RITES...aka: The Ghastly Ones
(THE) DEVIL HUNTER...aka: The Man Hunter
DON'T GO IN THE WOODS...aka: Don't go in the Woods Alone
FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE...aka: I Hate Your Guts/Getting Even/Staying Alive/Held Hostage
FOREST OF FEAR...aka: Blood Eaters/Blood Butchers/Toxic Zombies
(THE) GESTAPO'S LAST ORGY...aka: Last orgy of the Third Reich/Caligula Reincarnated as Hitler
LATE NIGHT TRAINS...aka: Night Train Murders/Don't Ride on Late Night Trains/Torture Train
LOVE CAMP 7...aka: Camp Special No.7
MARDI GRASS MASSACRE
SS EXPERIMENT CAMP...aka: SS Experiment Love Camp
(THE) WEREWOLF & THE YETI...aka: Night of the Howling beast
sorry i took up a lot of room guys but half of the american users here wont have heard of half of em and the guys from the uk this should help so they dont spend thier hard earned money on cut to shit crappy re releases smile

Attachment: anthr.jpg
This has been downloaded 299 time(s).

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 03:51 AM
BREN is currently offline Click here to Send BREN a Private Message Find more posts by BREN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

There are a few good books you can buy on the subject of banned video nasties, check out amazon

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 08:49 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BREN

u really dont need to im a walking encyclopedia on the subject,lol i own all of em and grew up thru the bullshit that was the video nastys craze,1 word of warning dont watch the exorcist or ull go on a kill crazy rampage(or in other words they said these movies that they decided to ban would send us on a kill crazy rampage,and as we all know that is bollocks,i only have a slight twitch from watchin em,lol)

Attachment: lgf us.jpg
This has been downloaded 282 time(s).

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 02:57 PM
BREN is currently offline Click here to Send BREN a Private Message Find more posts by BREN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
weaponmaster

The werewolf and the yeti doods, wat a class film and has ne1 got ne more info on freaks?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 07:56 PM
weaponmaster is currently offline Click here to Send weaponmaster a Private Message Find more posts by weaponmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's out to get on dvd here in the UK Weaponmaster...

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 10:38 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beta-wolf_101
Master of the Nothingness

I didn't realize they had banned some many.......and what in the world does bollocks mean?

As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there He wasn't there again today I wish I wish he'd go away

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 01:23 AM
beta-wolf_101 is currently offline Click here to Send beta-wolf_101 a Private Message Find more posts by beta-wolf_101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

bollocks is the all-purpose English quasi-curse. It's used to take place of just about any curse....

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 03:02 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
romper_stomper

i am from australia which has had as many banned movies as the uk
i only just got dvd copies of last house on the left,zombie flesheaters and driller killer all of which were banned for ages here,,also if u are having trouble getting ahold of banned movies why not download them of the net it dont always work though i am still trying to download cannibal holocaust have been trying for months

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 10:35 AM
romper_stomper is currently offline Click here to Send romper_stomper a Private Message Find more posts by romper_stomper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thingf1sh

cannibal holocaust & ferox

It is possible to download both holocaust & ferox in full uncut glory as I did, do not buy these uk versions of these films if you want the uncut versions. Holocaust in particular has been cut in a very shoddy way even the soundtrack jumps with the cuts

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 11:45 PM
thingf1sh is currently offline Click here to Send thingf1sh a Private Message Find more posts by thingf1sh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by romper_stomper
i am from australia which has had as many banned movies as the uk
i only just got dvd copies of last house on the left,zombie flesheaters and driller killer all of which were banned for ages here,,also if u are having trouble getting ahold of banned movies why not download them of the net it dont always work though i am still trying to download cannibal holocaust have been trying for months

Your trying to download Cannibal Holocaust ??

you can just buy it on dvd.....

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 04:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

Salo: The 120 Days of Sodom was banned for a long time in Australia.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 08:00 AM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote