KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Best Horror Movie Out Of This List

BEST HORROR FILM
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Grudge (Sarah Michelle Gellar) 2 6.06%
The Ring (Naomia Watts) 4 12.12%
The Boogeyman (Barry Watson) 2 6.06%
Evil Dead (Bruce Campbell) 18 54.55%
Halloween Camp: Trevor vs Jason (Katy Woodruff) 0 0%
Psycho (1998 remake with Vince Vaughn and Julianne Moore) 1 3.03%
The People Under The Stairs (Everett McGill and Wendy Robie) 0 0%
Cursed (Christina Ricci) 0 0%
The Fog (Jamie Lee Curtis) 1 3.03%
Carrie (Sissy Spacek) 5 15.15%
Total: 33 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Best Horror Movie Out Of This List
Started by: ashtonsNO1fan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Em0me101
SUPERNATURAL FREEK!!

Best Horror Movie Out Of This List

Which ones best, i think The Grudge is good.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 11:58 AM
Em0me101 is currently offline Click here to Send Em0me101 a Private Message Find more posts by Em0me101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

none of them really

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 12:29 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

The Evil Dead and Carrie are the only two on the list worth talking about...............well, maybe the Fog.

believe it or not, I put Carrie over The Evil Dead. It has a real story.........and a good one at that.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 12:56 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

evil dead
people under the stairs
the fog
carrie

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 01:36 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The Evil Dead and the Fog are the only two movies here, in my opinion, that are worth a damn, since I own them. The Grudge was horrible! Instead watch Ju-On since it is the original story and MUCH scarier. Same with The Ring and its original Japanese predecessor Ringu. Never seen Boogeyman, Cursed, or Halloween Camp and I dont ever desire to. People under the stairs was okay. Carrie was mediocre compared to the novel, but then again what Stephen King adaptation isnt? The Psycho remake is shit. Pure and simple. Totally unnecessary remake.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 02:11 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

The Grudge was crap IMO, and Ju-On was twice as silly as messed up with its chronology. The Ring I enjoyed, just didn't think it deserved my nod, and I hated Ringu, it was a great comedy though. Boogeyman was shit, and Halloween Camp I've never even HEARD of. I haven't bothered with the Psycho remake, as I hate Vince Vaughn. People Under the Stairs was a comedy, hardly a Horror, and the same goes for Cursed, go figure. The Fog was a boring ghost story and Carrie I viewed as more of a drama, but will elborate later.

I selected "Evil Dead" simply because it has more Horror elements than any of the other choices.

That said, Carrie is one of my all time favorite movies. It set the standard for Horror movies centered around misunderstood teens and the repercussions of ignorance. Like a femake James Dean, with telekinesis and her period 24/7. I hardly think it was a "mediocre" film, personally, as it still stands as one of DePalma's best movies to date. You want a poor King book to film adaptation, look at Dreamcatcher.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 04:49 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Grudge - didn't care for the remake, the original was nothing special but I would rather watch the original over the remake anyday

The Ring - enjoyed the remake, but the original is still my favourite

Boogeyman - yet to see this

Evil Dead - love it

Halloween Camp - Have not seen and probably will not bother

Psycho - Interesting to watch to see one of the first shot for shot remakes, but pointless boring film with no interesting atmosphere

People Under the Stairs - Enjoyed this movie

Cursed - yet to see

The Fog - One of my favourite horrors

Carrie - again, one of my favourites

I voted Carrie.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 06:21 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayer
Horror Fan

I voted Carrie althoug Evil Dead and the Fog are also very high on My list with People Under The Stairs

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 06:01 AM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Evil Dead for me. Though I did enjoy Carrie and Cursed too.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 07:25 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

That is such an arbirtrary list, but I'll go with Evil Dead.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 03:02 PM
tpaquin is currently offline Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

why is vince vaun morman bates i cant see him doing it i cant!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 03:34 PM
b-dan is currently offline Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Evil Dead

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 08:53 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Evil Dead, hands down.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 12:03 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

Pretty crap list to be honest(no pun intended)but Evil Dead got my vote.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 03:10 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Evil Dead. However, most of this list is crap and it really says something when you list the Psycho remake but not the original. erm

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 06:19 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vampy

if by horror you mean scarey then im wondering why peewee hermans great adventure isnt up there

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 07:02 AM
Vampy is currently offline Click here to Send Vampy a Private Message Find more posts by Vampy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 08:29 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Inevitable
Cold Inferno

Evil Dead, no contest.

And one more thing..I'll just say this...

The Grudge was really ****ing retarded,

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 08:39 AM
The_Inevitable is currently offline Click here to Send The_Inevitable a Private Message Find more posts by The_Inevitable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skorn254
Renafan

Out of these horror movies the ring was the best.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 04:50 PM
Skorn254 is currently offline Click here to Send Skorn254 a Private Message Find more posts by Skorn254 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BaronOBeefDip
Fedora wearin' psychopath

Evil Dead. It's been years since I've seen it, so I don't remember much of it, but I think it's the best out of this list.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 09:34 PM
BaronOBeefDip is currently offline Click here to Send BaronOBeefDip a Private Message Find more posts by BaronOBeefDip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote