KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Is Leather Face real?

Is Leather Face real?
Started by: SlimYout

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SlimYout

Is Leather Face real?

A few months ago I did some research, and found that Leather Face was based on a real person named Ed Gein. Later, I visited another site and read that the director of the movie said that a legend was created among the people. He said while in he was in a mall he thought about the fastest way to clear all the people out. Then he saw some chainsaws in a hardware store. And that is where the idea for Leather Face, chainsaw wielding maniac was born. Then there is the footage at the end of the film. Is that real or fake? Can anybody who knows clear this up for me please. Thanks

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 03:13 AM
SlimYout is currently offline Click here to Send SlimYout a Private Message Find more posts by SlimYout Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Yes, Leatherface was loosely based on Ed Gein. As was Buffalo Bill to what I know.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 03:22 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

Buffalo Bill and Leatherface were both based on Ed Gein.
That doco film is just made up to go with the movie.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 03:33 AM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 03:39 AM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

There is already a thread for this particular topic.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 04:26 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Re: Is Leather Face real?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SlimYout
A few months ago I did some research, and found that Leather Face was based on a real person named Ed Gein. Later, I visited another site and read that the director of the movie said that a legend was created among the people. He said while in he was in a mall he thought about the fastest way to clear all the people out. Then he saw some chainsaws in a hardware store. And that is where the idea for Leather Face, chainsaw wielding maniac was born. Then there is the footage at the end of the film. Is that real or fake? Can anybody who knows clear this up for me please. Thanks

The footage at the end of the film looked nothing like Ed Gein to me.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 06:28 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlimYout

I should have used the search option before hand. Thanks for the info

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 07:17 AM
SlimYout is currently offline Click here to Send SlimYout a Private Message Find more posts by SlimYout Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheMovieMaster

VERY TRUE

Yes, Actaully they father and son are still alive (LISTENED TO THE Talk RADIO ABOUT 3ys ago or so..) about 75-100 miles apart
the son i guess is so drugged out and stuff at a asylum a 5 yr old could lead him around... np lol
Father I think is in prison.. both in texas... Yes its true though Hope i could help.

I guess the radio host, got ahold of this guy that worked down there somewhere.. but thats all i can say..

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 06:30 AM
TheMovieMaster is currently offline Click here to Send TheMovieMaster a Private Message Find more posts by TheMovieMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Re: VERY TRUE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheMovieMaster
Yes, Actaully they father and son are still alive (LISTENED TO THE Talk RADIO ABOUT 3ys ago or so..) about 75-100 miles apart
the son i guess is so drugged out and stuff at a asylum a 5 yr old could lead him around... np lol
Father I think is in prison.. both in texas... Yes its true though Hope i could help.

I guess the radio host, got ahold of this guy that worked down there somewhere.. but thats all i can say..

This is blatantly incorrect, it's been established by everyone with any sort of credibility in the matter that Leatherface is LOOSELY based on the serial killer Ed Gein.

Do not listen to stuff like this, it is false.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 07:23 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I am tEh LETh3rF@C3!!!!!ONEONEONE

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 07:37 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

OMFG WTFPWNBBQ??///?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 07:38 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Leatherface is real. Didn't U see tEh end of "Texas Chainsaw Massacer" with Jessica Beel?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 07:47 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yah dood it was reel it wus grainy!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 07:50 AM
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

ye mn, he kulled thosee piggs gud, and it wuz in blak and wite, it haz to be reel!

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 10:52 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Dooods! I konw for a FACT that L3ath3rfac3 is REEL! I saw him 1nce!!!!1111

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 06:28 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aini
fallen

laughing out loud ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................there it goes AGAIN......

sane

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 06:58 PM
Aini is currently offline Click here to Send Aini a Private Message Find more posts by Aini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gls
Holy hell

ha this thread is funny. wink nice one backfire

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 09:14 PM
gls is currently offline Click here to Send gls a Private Message Find more posts by gls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BaronOBeefDip
Fedora wearin' psychopath

YAY poorly-written sarcasm!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 09:44 PM
BaronOBeefDip is currently offline Click here to Send BaronOBeefDip a Private Message Find more posts by BaronOBeefDip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

you guyz are soooo stupid. leatherface is real. i've seen his house. didn't you watch the movie??????? cmon the footage at the end? are you people blind. i dont believe this. you have leatherface in your sig and avatar, and you still say he's fake??? grow up monkey face

no expression

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 11:02 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beta-wolf_101
Master of the Nothingness

You know that Buffalo Bill was based off of several serial killers not just one, so was Lecter for that matter. Yeah and trust these guys on the fact that Leather face isn't a real person. He was extremely loosely based off of Ed Gein.

As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there He wasn't there again today I wish I wish he'd go away

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 11:17 PM
beta-wolf_101 is currently offline Click here to Send beta-wolf_101 a Private Message Find more posts by beta-wolf_101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote