KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Supernatural is copying everything!

Supernatural is copying everything!
Started by: deathbycorn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

Supernatural is copying everything!

That show Supernatural is rorting plots from movies and the x-files left right and center.
It's on in Australia now, up to about the 5th episode I think.

First it was wendigo from wendgio and x-files, then bloody mary from urban legend 3, then hookman from candyman and the plot was the same as urban legend pretty much, then the inbreds from x-files episode home and wrong turn, and one where a town sacrificed couples ie. the wicker man

It's an ok show, but maybe they should of came up with some ideas of their own.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 07:29 AM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tell this to the people in the TV section. I watched the first episode and didn't think much of it at all.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 07:12 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

I know , ive not even seen it, only the ads, and I just said the same thing the other day, what a sham.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 09:07 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Undertaker
Battle Royale Champion

Its a Great Show, Get your head out of your asses.

Die, Ugly.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 12:33 PM
Undertaker is currently offline Click here to Send Undertaker a Private Message Find more posts by Undertaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's nothing new Undertaker.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 03:31 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by deathbycorn
That show Supernatural is rorting plots from movies and the x-files left right and center.
It's on in Australia now, up to about the 5th episode I think.

First it was wendigo from wendgio and x-files, then bloody mary from urban legend 3, then hookman from candyman and the plot was the same as urban legend pretty much, then the inbreds from x-files episode home and wrong turn, and one where a town sacrificed couples ie. the wicker man

It's an ok show, but maybe they should of came up with some ideas of their own.

I never got into The X-Files so I can't defend against that argument.

Urban Legend 3 didn't come up with anything new. Supernatural didn't copy it, the idea is old.

The Hookman was VERY different from Candyman. The only similarity I can see is they both have a hook. Then by that reasoning, you can say Supernatural copied I Know What You Did Last Summer too.

The show has come up with some original ideas. The pilot was really cool. And there was that one episode with the supposed healer that transfers diseases to another person. You say you're at the 5th episode, I don't think you've gotten to that yet.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 05:43 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I was never really an X-Files fan, simply 'cuz I'm not that hardcore of a sci-fi fan. So, naturally, I have never watched this show, either.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 08:59 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

X-Files was a great show, a gem of the 90's and will be missed by me forever. Mulder & Scully were great actors imo.
All the early seasons were awesome, I remember not watching the start because it would scare me too much!
But then the show went full on sci-fi and was all about the alien conspiracy, which sucked big time.

I have an avi file of an episode called 'Home' from the fourth season which Wrong Turn was loosely based on.

Movies like Aliens and stuff are cool because they are like sci-fi horror.

Last edited by deathbycorn on Feb 23rd, 2006 at 07:46 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 07:41 AM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myers Kicks Ass

supernatural is great but it does rip everything off

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 11:59 AM
Myers Kicks Ass is currently offline Click here to Send Myers Kicks Ass a Private Message Find more posts by Myers Kicks Ass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote