KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » new chucky movie?

new chucky movie?
Started by: Leathergien

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Leathergien
Ed Gein Massacre

new chucky movie?

do you think they should make another chucky movie?; and what do you think it should be called? tell me your ideas stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 02:33 AM
Leathergien is currently offline Click here to Send Leathergien a Private Message Find more posts by Leathergien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Yes. The Child's Play franchise went on a weird tangent with Bride, which I liked but many didn't agree with. With that story over with, I think a solo Chucky movie is just what we need to pick up the series.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 03:11 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leathergien
Ed Gein Massacre

i agree, it would make it exiting and no one would be expecting it!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 04:22 AM
Leathergien is currently offline Click here to Send Leathergien a Private Message Find more posts by Leathergien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cropsy_is_god

Nah after the last 2 chucky films i couldn't stand to see chuky become even more of a joke.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 10:52 PM
cropsy_is_god is currently offline Click here to Send cropsy_is_god a Private Message Find more posts by cropsy_is_god Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cropsy_is_god
Nah after the last 2 chucky films i couldn't stand to see chuky become even more of a joke.

when hasn't he been a joke.....he's a foul mouthed doll ah scary! I find the scariest horror films have killers who don't talk Myers,Vorhees, Hewitt all great and they've never had to say a thing. I think Chucky and Freddy are more of a comical type horror.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 12:35 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

The only good Chucky movies were the first two. The rest were all freakin lame.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 03:20 AM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Child's Play was brilliant, IMO. The seques were shit.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 04:54 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cropsy_is_god

Yeah they need to let chucky die. He should never have been brought back after hisdeath in part 3.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 03:54 PM
cropsy_is_god is currently offline Click here to Send cropsy_is_god a Private Message Find more posts by cropsy_is_god Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leathergien
Ed Gein Massacre

quote:
when hasn't he been a joke.....he's a foul mouthed doll ah scary! I find the scariest horror films have killers who don't talk Myers,Vorhees, Hewitt all great and they've never had to say a thing. I think Chucky and Freddy are more of a comical type horror.

i agree, chucky was just a joke after the first one but i think he is funnt thats why i watch them, there hilarious...
freddy was mmore of a mistical character for like laughing perposes but when it first came out they were afraid

Old Post Oct 15th, 2006 08:05 PM
hank_mccoy

i think they should make another movie about chucky just to kill him , i like childs play it brought something original to the horror genre, but everything has an end.... and i think its time to say goodbye to chucky , this should have been done after part 3 , but they decided to make him a family guy with wife and kids, next movie he will have a dog and cat and will grow a beer belly and his wife is going to grow a fat ass

Old Post Oct 15th, 2006 09:26 PM
hank_mccoy is currently offline Click here to Send hank_mccoy a Private Message Find more posts by hank_mccoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leathergien
Ed Gein Massacre

well i think that there shoyuld be one more movie just too show hes dead like hank mccoy said but make it a good movie and besides no matter what you know some dumb director is going to remake the chucky series

Old Post Oct 15th, 2006 10:27 PM
hank_mccoy

Originally posted by Leathergien
and besides no matter what you know some dumb director is going to remake the chucky series

you can count on that , theres always someone that wants to make a movie but is just too lazy to create something original so he will just do a remake

Old Post Oct 15th, 2006 10:46 PM
hank_mccoy is currently offline Click here to Send hank_mccoy a Private Message Find more posts by hank_mccoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leathergien
Ed Gein Massacre

i know i hate that they should just make there own like god or even get ideas for some by asking other peoples i have so many ideas lol

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 02:41 AM
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Originally posted by hank_mccoy
next movie he will have a dog and cat and will grow a beer belly and his wife is going to grow a fat ass

You obviously didn't see Seed of Chucky 'cause if you did, you would know that they ended the "family" storyline.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 04:22 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hank_mccoy

actually i saw it , i know that his family now are humans, i just want to point that the last 2 suck, and they shouldnt done all this family crap with him , if they are out of ideas then just stop the sequels

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 06:44 AM
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

Not seen SEED OF CHUCKY
I think i heard the kid doll goes against Chucky
If i misheard and that wasnt the case maybe there should be a bunch of dolls possesed by pissed off victims of Chucky who come together and set out for revenge.

CHILDS PLAY : REVENGE OF THE STIFFS
I think that aint bad...i feel like writing a script!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Last edited by vintageSW77 on Oct 16th, 2006 at 04:21 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 04:16 PM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Bocaj
I disagree. Though they have become comical later on, Freddy and chucky were at their best in the originals when there was no comical humor. No one can deny A Nightmare on Elm Street 1 was the best of the series. Chucky was also not meant for comedic horror until later in the series. One had a great horror tone. A new one would only continue to exploit humor in the series so its best if they keep away.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 06:48 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LaHaine
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who the **** is Hewitt?
Oh you mean Leatherface from the Sawyer family... Ohhhhhhhh.
**** REMAKES. Jump on the bandwagon, kiddies, and help "re-invent" your favorite villains.

Jesus goddamn Christ.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 08:25 PM
LaHaine is currently offline Click here to Send LaHaine a Private Message Find more posts by LaHaine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Originally posted by hank_mccoy
actually i saw it , i know that his family now are humans, i just want to point that the last 2 suck, and they shouldnt done all this family crap with him , if they are out of ideas then just stop the sequels

Well, the end of Seed implied [SPOILER - highlight to read]: that Chucky kills Tiffany and Glen. At least, that's how I interpreted the final frame.
Originally posted by Big Sexy
I disagree. Though they have become comical later on, Freddy and chucky were at their best in the originals when there was no comical humor. No one can deny A Nightmare on Elm Street 1 was the best of the series. Chucky was also not meant for comedic horror until later in the series. One had a great horror tone. A new one would only continue to exploit humor in the series so its best if they keep away.

So a charred, decapitated doll chasing a few people around an apartment is serious horror?

Child's Play has always been humorous and ridiculous to me, that's why I enjoy the whole series.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 11:07 PM
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Wolfie
Well, the end of Seed implied [SPOILER - highlight to read]: that Chucky kills Tiffany and Glen

Child's Play has always been humorous and ridiculous to me, that's why I enjoy the whole series.
You see I do too but the film was created to be a horror movie. 3-6 were all awful because they played on humor rather than horror. Look at the last three and compare them to one, notice how he jokes in ever scene. That spoiled the series for me. I find unintentional humor better than intentional. As they progressed they moved to the tripe of Seed of Chucky. Notice how in part one hes rarely seen to add to the element of suprise. You never actually see him kill Andy's babysitter. By part three he was everywhere and being a smartass all the time. That was the beginning of the end of the series for me.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 01:31 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote