KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Stephen King's IT; The Sewer

Stephen King's IT; The Sewer
Started by: Tha Doggfather

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tha Doggfather

Stephen King's IT; The Sewer

Does anyone know where that old sewer building that was used in the movie 'It' is, or if it even exists? I'm talking about the big, sinister looking concrete building surrounded by the algi-infested lake down by the barrens where they 'Lucky 7' gang used to play when they were kids.

I would like to go there one day and take in the atmosphere - for some reason when I see this sewer in the movie, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over, while at the same time it manages to creep me out like hell! That might sound weird I know, but there is just something about it that has intrigued me so much that I HAVE to go see it.

Please tell me this place is exists..I'd be very cut if it didn't.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 09:32 AM
Tha Doggfather is currently offline Click here to Send Tha Doggfather a Private Message Find more posts by Tha Doggfather Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

I wonder if it exists, or if it was even just a set erm

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 03:44 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha Doggfather

I have since found out that the location of the shooting was at Beaver Lake, in Stanley Park, Vancouver Canada.

And after searching for images of the lake on Google, I think I'm going to have to accept the fact that the sewer building was most probably a special affect or a backdrop type of thing, as it was missing in the images of the lake that I had found.

But still, I have hope. If anyone knows ANYTHING about that sewer, you MUST let me know.

Thanks again.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2006 07:35 AM
Tha Doggfather is currently offline Click here to Send Tha Doggfather a Private Message Find more posts by Tha Doggfather Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
filmfanforever

Hi there!
I too have been a huge fan of the movie and book for as long as I can recall and have been wondering about the sewer's location as well. I have recently tried finding out about that as well and was told that the filming of the sewer scenes was definitely done at Stanley Park's Beaver Lake which further confirms any suspicions that they must have built a set. However, if anyone of the actual movie-people involved in the production were to read this now, maybe they could confirm this?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 03:31 PM
filmfanforever is currently offline Click here to Send filmfanforever a Private Message Find more posts by filmfanforever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

You know whenever there's a sewer scene in a movie, it's always made out to be big, spacious & well-lit. Not to mention the clear fresh running water.

Yes, most sewers are production sets designed for ample space for the camera crew, as well as the lighting rig.
No one needs to gag on the stench or deal with floating turds.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2013 03:18 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Curious too

Hey everyone, glad to know I'm not the only one curious about this. What got me thinking about it is I was watching the tv program Once Upon A Time and there was a scene just now in it that looked so familiar. So much so that I rewound the scene and paused to take another look. I kept trying to figure out where I had seen that before and I'm thinking it was on the movie It! I'm attaching a photo of the scene and hoping someone can tell me if it's the same scene from It or not because I can't remember for sure what that looked like. But it seems like this is it. Hope to hear back from someone! Thanks!

After looking at the pic i uploaded, not sure if anyone will be able to make it out or not. Hope you can. I'm dying to know if this is the same scene or not. It's probably not but it just reminded me so much of that scene from It.

Attachment: img_0306.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Last edited by Curious too on Jan 21st, 2017 at 02:16 AM

Old Post Jan 21st, 2017 02:08 AM
Curious too is currently offline Click here to Send Curious too a Private Message Find more posts by Curious too Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Midnight_it

Worried

Turned out that the whole sewer building was an effect as seen from the attachment.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 07:39 PM
Midnight_it is currently offline Click here to Send Midnight_it a Private Message Find more posts by Midnight_it Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Midnight_it

I have evidence but this website won't let me attach it to this so I might have to dm people

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 07:56 PM
Midnight_it is currently offline Click here to Send Midnight_it a Private Message Find more posts by Midnight_it Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote