KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » cloverfield's ending

cloverfield's ending
Started by: batmanfan136

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
batmanfan136

cloverfield's ending

i don't know if its just me or did the ending really suck i thought the movie was pretty good but the ending really didn't answer any thing

Old Post May 1st, 2008 01:51 AM
batmanfan136 is currently offline Click here to Send batmanfan136 a Private Message Find more posts by batmanfan136 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

not sure what kind of answers you were looking for. At least the type of answers that would be given to people in the situation of the main characters.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 02:29 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

A good ending doesn't have to answer everything.

The purpose of this film was to be plausible and believable; it was meant to portray a youtube like video, not be a straight forward, typical narrative. As such, it's ending was abrupt, as it should have been.

Had the ending been generic and simply answered everything somehow, it would have taken away the authenticity of the rest of the film by reminding the audience that this is all a fake movie with basic film grammar, like an easy ending that wraps up everything, even though there is no logical way that the characters would discover such information while in their situation.

Last edited by BackFire on May 1st, 2008 at 02:34 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2008 02:31 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

what questions were you left with?

you see the monster causing destruction through the whole movie, wrecking people's shit....

the last scene shows 1 week before of the two at Coney Island......on the right side of the screen in the background you see the monster crashing into the ocean.

you've got a big ass monster from outerspace wandering around the city destroying it.........what else do you need to know?

Old Post May 1st, 2008 05:50 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doomsday49
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol @ this thread. BTW, this movie should've been the sequel to dumb and dumberer

my life rap isn't for the weak or feeble/ my youth was no sunshine the grind'll eat you/ they say learn from the past history can teach you/ but if i live backward all i see is evil.....Doomsday biatch!!!!!

Old Post May 1st, 2008 07:40 PM
doomsday49 is currently offline Click here to Send doomsday49 a Private Message Find more posts by doomsday49 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batmanfan136

i was looking for if they were died or not ? i didn't care were the monster came from or anything like that, i no its supposed to be like a youtube video but still

Old Post May 1st, 2008 09:43 PM
batmanfan136 is currently offline Click here to Send batmanfan136 a Private Message Find more posts by batmanfan136 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by batmanfan136
i was looking for if they were died or not ? i didn't care were the monster came from or anything like that, i no its supposed to be like a youtube video but still

Are you ****ing kidding me? They got ****in pwned...They pretty much trapped themselves and got bombed. I dont know about you, but I highly doubt I could survive that.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 04:20 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
A good ending doesn't have to answer everything.

So with that in mind The Matrix: Revolutions ending was good.

I think the original poster wants to know the details of why the monster attack the city and what happen after the video tape ended.

You're not going to get that in this film.

The people who make these movies want to make money. If you want further answers you have to pay a ticket to see next installment of the franchise.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 04:34 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batmanfan136

thats basicly what i was looking for and the got bombed but were still talking to wach other so they could be alive, they could be died

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 08:54 PM
steverules
The doctor

Originally posted by Evil Dead
what questions were you left with?

you see the monster causing destruction through the whole movie, wrecking people's shit....

the last scene shows 1 week before of the two at Coney Island......on the right side of the screen in the background you see the monster crashing into the ocean.

you've got a big ass monster from outerspace wandering around the city destroying it.........what else do you need to know?

I never saw that sad I'll look out for it when I see it again, I never knew it was from space or that it was in that scene that you see it crash into the ocean...you would think people would hear it or see it

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 09:11 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
So with that in mind The Matrix: Revolutions ending was good.

No, because I didn't say that every ending that leaves questions unanswered is good. Some can do it, some can't. It just depends on the type of film and what the purpose of the ending is.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 10:55 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by batmanfan136
thats basicly what i was looking for and the got bombed but were still talking to wach other so they could be alive, they could be died

The first bomb hit, and then they confessed their love for eachother. The second bomb hit and wtf pwned them. If they didnt die, the film probably would have continued.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 11:08 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zslick

Man did anyone look at the intro of the movie? Its suppose to be a government film that leaked out to the public and now were seeing for the first time. Its as if they tried to hide the film. So those who are looking for answer, maybe expect it for Cloverfield 2

Old Post May 6th, 2008 04:29 PM
zslick is currently offline Click here to Send zslick a Private Message Find more posts by zslick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by zslick
Man did anyone look at the intro of the movie? Its suppose to be a government film that leaked out to the public and now were seeing for the first time. Its as if they tried to hide the film. So those who are looking for answer, maybe expect it for Cloverfield 2

That is why again (for the millionth time) the film should have had a scene of a military personal confiscate the camera from hud near the end. That would have kept a more real essence to the film. Instead the monster attacks the helicopter....it was just the better option.

They should hire me to direct this film! I would pwn3d their asses.

(I'm a pompous ass)

Old Post May 6th, 2008 04:38 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I think that ending would be much much worse.

Would have been boring and cliche and it would not have had any dramatic pull.

Again, the purpose of the film was to present the action and the tension in a realistic and plausible way while still maintaining the drama of a film, which is what it is, after all, it's a movie, and it has to have an ending with some kind of emotional pull. It was a balancing act that I think they did a great job with.

Old Post May 6th, 2008 11:05 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Beth and Rob didn't definitely die, by the way.

I didn't see them die, did people see something I didn't?

Originally posted by BackFire

Again, the purpose of the film was to present the action and the tension in a realistic and plausible way while still maintaining the drama of a film, which is what it is, after all, it's a movie, and it has to have an ending with some kind of emotional pull. It was a balancing act that I think they did a great job with.

I don't normally go for touching moments, but the fact that the last 10 seconds of that movie are both horrifying and touching beyond most other movies, I think, is a perfect example of just how well they did it.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post May 6th, 2008 11:15 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by BackFire

How dare you insult my ending!

Now think about this....if you really want this film to be more realistic and plausible then the camera should have been confiscated by the military while Hud was film inside the hospital. He was filming things that might be consider as controversial. Instead the guard knocks the camera down.

Oh, and if you throw at me "freedom of the press" Well, the joke is on you! Because he has not credentials.

Old Post May 6th, 2008 11:41 PM
batmanfan136

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
How dare you insult my ending!

Now think about this....if you really want this film to be more realistic and plausible then the camera should have been confiscated by the military while Hud was film inside the hospital. He was filming things that might be consider as controversial. Instead the guard knocks the camera down.

Oh, and if you throw at me "freedom of the press" Well, the joke is on you! Because he has not credentials.

Nice

Old Post May 6th, 2008 11:54 PM
BackFire

I'd throw at you the fact that they probably were more concerned about all the people dying and the fact that there was a giant ****ing monster destroying the city than some kid filming shit.

Again, you ignore the fact that the film was a balancing act. It presented the ACTION in a realistic and plausible way, while maintining a dramatic and emotional pull in the plot. It wasn't an either/or thing. It wanted to do both. Not EVERYTHING needed to be realistic. The ending of yours, yeah, it would have been more realistic, but it would not have been dramatic or interesting. I think it would have ruined the film.

Old Post May 6th, 2008 11:55 PM
batmanfan136

i know i said this but i just wanted some closer like if at the beginning they said like the people filming were found died or something like that

Old Post May 7th, 2008 12:25 AM