KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Where to find real horror films ?

Where to find real horror films ?
Started by: cropsy_is_god

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cropsy_is_god

Where to find real horror films ?

After looking at the horror films that fill up HMV's shelves and noticing that the majority were pure psi like the Saw movies or any mainstream horror from hollywood or that i had seen what they had i was wondering if anyone knew of any low budget underground flicks

Ive already got Nekromantiks, AU trilogy, Salo, irriversible, Boise moi & redsin tower. Im looking for some pritty ****ed up stuff and also any good slasher's from the 70's & 80's. Anyone know of any ?

Old Post May 28th, 2008 04:43 PM
cropsy_is_god is currently offline Click here to Send cropsy_is_god a Private Message Find more posts by cropsy_is_god Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well in my HMV a few of those mentioned will be found in the World Cinema section instead of horror, so got to look there for the foreign horror movies.

The horror collection is fine at the nearest HMV to me, rather big collection with all the mainstream and indie stuff.

Old Post May 28th, 2008 08:18 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

According to my brother, Netflix works well.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post May 28th, 2008 10:01 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Online rentals are fabuloussssssssss.

Old Post May 28th, 2008 10:30 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'm gonna second netflix. I was stunned by the amount of hardcore horror films they have in there.

You can find almost all the horror films mentioned in the original post, as well as many many others. Such as the All Night Long series, Guinea Pig series. Aftermath and Cutting Moments shouldn't be missed by any horror fan, and they're both available on there.

Old Post May 28th, 2008 11:06 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cropsy_is_god

Cheers ppl i'll give net flix a try. Anything to keep me away from this mainstream pish.

Old Post May 29th, 2008 05:19 PM
cropsy_is_god is currently offline Click here to Send cropsy_is_god a Private Message Find more posts by cropsy_is_god Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

You need to see Inside if you want to watch a real horror film.

Old Post May 29th, 2008 11:22 PM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Netflix does have a meaty library. Amazon is also a good place to find rare or out of print movies. I also like Amazon for the comparisons it offers. I found meatball machine and the battle royale movies through Amazon. I didnt buy them on amazon, but if i chose to, movies can be extremely cheap on that site.

other than that, id say the standard sites, horror.net, Bloodydisgusting.com, horror.com and fearnet.com, fearnet is especially cool because you can watch free horror movies there.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on May 30th, 2008 at 12:02 AM

Old Post May 29th, 2008 11:58 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Walker.I

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cropsy_is_god
After looking at the horror films that fill up HMV's shelves and noticing that the majority were pure psi like the Saw movies or any mainstream horror from hollywood or that i had seen what they had i was wondering if anyone knew of any low budget underground flicks

Ive already got Nekromantiks, AU trilogy, Salo, irriversible, Boise moi & redsin tower. Im looking for some pritty ****ed up stuff and also any good slasher's from the 70's & 80's. Anyone know of any ?

Dude, Nekromantik was the worst movie I've ever seen. That shit was disgusting.

I knew you wouldn't give up. . .

Old Post May 30th, 2008 01:38 AM
Walker.I is currently offline Click here to Send Walker.I a Private Message Find more posts by Walker.I Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Isn't disgusting the point? wink

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post May 30th, 2008 01:43 AM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Walker.I

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Selphie
Isn't disgusting the point? wink

Well,

yeah.

But it's still gross.

I knew you wouldn't give up. . .

Old Post May 30th, 2008 01:29 PM
Walker.I is currently offline Click here to Send Walker.I a Private Message Find more posts by Walker.I Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cropsy_is_god

Thats what im looking for. Some rather gross and messed up stuff.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 10:18 PM