KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » The Final Destination -HD/3D- (2009)

The Final Destination -HD/3D- (2009)
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

The Final Destination -HD/3D- (2009)

i liked final destination. but it got repetitive. but i'm definitely watching this one for sure, mainly only for the hd3d and the gore and just to see how it ends this time.

obviously this one gonna be that last film in the series cause it's called "The Final Destination" so i'm interested in how they're gonna "kill" death or w/e else they come up with. it's not a film you take seriously but it's something kinda fun to do on a sat. with the gf. Hope it comes out in Imax.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 09:57 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some of us have already talked about this film in the Horror film section.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 10:06 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Meh. The first FD was good, in it's own right, but the sequels were just plain dreck. I really have no interest in seeing it in 3-D.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 10:06 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

The sequel has the best opening so far.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 10:08 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sheila143
Restricted

Account Restricted

they were used to good,but now they are losing their way,hope thet will coming up with good things and projects

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 01:47 PM
sheila143 is currently offline Click here to Send sheila143 a Private Message Find more posts by sheila143 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Saw this yesterday. One of the best opening sequences i've ever seen in a horror film along with the matching ending sequence. But it was it was just another typical Final Destination movie.

This movie generally could've been a stand alone movie, it could've been pt.1, 2, or 3. Is it the last one, dunno, it ends in typical "FD" fashion, yet another "FD" film ends up coming out afterwards, but then you have the hint in the title itself "The Final Destination" clearly indicating that it's the last one of the series, from how i'm interpreting it. So i dunno.

The deaths were just as gory and sometimes flinch-worthy and more people died in this movie that in the other ones but i saw nothing new. It'd'a been nice if the deaths were just a bit creative this time around especially with it being the last one..

Anyhoo, i give the film a 7/10. The "F.D." movies and it's concept are now old. T'was a nice series but now it should be laid to rest.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 02:10 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gobstakid777
Restricted

Account Restricted

it was pretty entertaining,not an oscar winner,but i definately felt i got my money's worth

it's good for the bones
part of a balanced breakfast!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 05:22 PM
gobstakid777 is currently offline Click here to Send gobstakid777 a Private Message Find more posts by gobstakid777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well we never expect these films to be Oscar winning in the first place, it is in the realm of a slasher film afterall...

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 06:04 PM
FistOfThe North

the realm of horror, you mean.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 06:32 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

and bring on the next one

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 07:03 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
the realm of horror, you mean.

No, I was quite correct. Slasher, a sub-genre of Horror. To me, the Final Destination films are like slasher films, instead of an actual physical killer, it's death.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 08:29 PM
FistOfThe North

Isn't a slasher film one which a serial killer (person) predates it's victems via sharp objects.

this movie falls more under the splatter film sub genre rather than slasher.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 09:44 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Splatter is another term you could use to describe the films, but they can fall into Slasher since they do tend to have the traits of a Slasher film. I did also say like a slasher film, not full on. They remind me of Slasher films but with a supernatual killer instead of a physical killer presence as I said above.

I tend to see Splatter as more over OVER the top gore/violence, like Braindead for example can be described as Splatter.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 10:52 PM