KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Asian Horror or Western Horror??

Asian Horror or Western Horror??
Started by: Prototype_Angel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Prototype_Angel
The Chosen One

Smile Asian Horror or Western Horror??

Which one you guys find more scary smile

I find Asian horror (e.gthe original japanese version of the ring) is more scary than western movie (e.g friday the 13th, nite on the elm street)

uhmm maybe culture background embarrasment

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 12:06 AM
Prototype_Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Prototype_Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Prototype_Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ObieTrice 26
no nacho for you!

first of all I like asian horror(western horror isnt scary, its just gory) and second of all, this thread is probably going 2 be moved

"Sometimes you feel tired,feel weak,when you feel weak,you feel like you wanna just give up.But you gotta search it within you ,find that inner strength and just pull that s**t out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quiter no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face" -Eminem

"This rap game,this rap game,i aint selling my soul for this rap game,i aint digging no hole for this rap game and i'm telling you no,it aint happening"-50 Cent

"about to lose it all in a pool of alcohal,if my funeral's tomorrow,I wonder would they even call,When the music stops"-Kon Artis of D12

R.I.P Tupac

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 12:54 AM
ObieTrice 26 is currently offline Click here to Send ObieTrice 26 a Private Message Find more posts by ObieTrice 26 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

western horror has some extremely great movies. many of which are not very well known. the shining, texas chainsaw massacre, and henry-portrait of a serial killer are all among the most haunting horror films ive ever seen. i havent seen much asian horror, ive still never seen the japanese version of the ring. but i have seen lots of euro horror, especially from italy. the likes of dario argento and lucio fulci, 2 very good directors. but from what ive seen, i think american horror movies are the best. the foreign ones are usually to artsy for arts sake, and try way to hard to be psychological, and end up just being kinda confusing and distracting. this is especially aparant in dario argentos movies. great visuals, but none are really scary, just very interesting to watch. anyways.... if you're looking for some great american horror films, there are many outside of the mainstreem, and ill happily name some if you are interested.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 10:24 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoundrel
Thane Zereil

I think it depends what you expect to get from watching a movie...

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 01:58 PM
Scoundrel is currently offline Click here to Send Scoundrel a Private Message Find more posts by Scoundrel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Western Horror much better and most are classic and horror not supposed to be scary in a way that the differance between horror and thriller film a horror is supposed to shock you and thriller sets up to scare you there usually ghost movies smoetimes.But besides the original ring from Japan what other Asian horror films are there and BF said it right that they try to be to artsy,and sometimes I love to watch people with guns killing mindless zombies rock most of the times.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 06:50 PM
Augeybana is currently offline Click here to Send Augeybana a Private Message Find more posts by Augeybana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omegaman

I would say you might have an arguement with modern day western horror, it relies too much on gore and not suspense or true scares! But traditional western horror cannot be beat!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 08:38 PM
Omegaman is currently offline Click here to Send Omegaman a Private Message Find more posts by Omegaman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prototype_Angel
The Chosen One

quote:
Originally posted by ObieTrice 26
first of all I like asian horror(western horror isnt scary, its just gory) and second of all, this thread is probably going 2 be moved

ohh uhmm sorry still newbie please moved it if I put on the wrong forum smile

huhuhu can anyone recommend me some good western horror movie and I prefer the story is the one make me scared rather than the visual effects smile

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 10:21 PM
Prototype_Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Prototype_Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Prototype_Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

ill give you some

Dawn of the dead
Day of the dead
night of the living dead
se7en
the shining
henry-portrait of a serial killer

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 10:45 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

quote:
Originally posted by Prototype_Angel
ohh uhmm sorry still newbie please moved it if I put on the wrong forum smile

No need to apologise Angel, its no biggy.

Moving.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 11:06 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

asians cant make movies, they have great storylines, great scripts but they just cant put them together , asian horror is deffaintly more haunting than western horror stories but they usually only lie in the story books and not on film come on its kind of a no contest with americas classics such as night of the living dead, exorcist, shining, chainsaw massacre, well better stop cuz to show respect id have to list all the greats and there are alot more than people think all time best though re-animator LOL LOL

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 04:56 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

re-animator is classic.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 08:57 AM
jinXed by JaNx

yeah it is when he goes downstairs and the cat is latched onto his back, thats some of the corniest shit LOL but great none the less

Old Post Aug 4th, 2003 01:40 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dejio

I'd say western movies tend to be more gorry. While asian movies tend to play more with your mind.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 05:51 AM
Dejio is currently offline Click here to Send Dejio a Private Message Find more posts by Dejio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dejio
I'd say western movies tend to be more gorry. While asian movies tend to play more with your mind.

Best way to sum it up.

There is a lot of cool stuff to be found abroad but I do belive its effect is egzagerated simply by the fact that it is foreign.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 09:55 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kryzula
Nihilistic Schizoid

I appreciate both of them...

~ Kryzula

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 12:46 PM
Kryzula is currently offline Click here to Send Kryzula a Private Message Find more posts by Kryzula Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

Idem. Both have good and bad examples. Asian horror seemed more fresh, although that has changed a bit. Still, I tend to enjoy them slightly more at the moment.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 01:15 PM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dejio

ya think? Asian movies dont have the censors breathing down their necks like western movies do, they get away with heaps more bloodshed than "we" do.

I find that Asian horror seems to be a little more inventive with its lights and camera work than western but westen is more happy to go with completly absurd ideas (which work from time to time).

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 11:12 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
w3rdblader

omg, anyone who says that american movies are more gory is just ignorant to asian horror. I only need to say 3 words to prove my point, ICHI THE KILLER

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 08:30 PM
w3rdblader is currently offline Click here to Send w3rdblader a Private Message Find more posts by w3rdblader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

That's not a horror movie rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Sep 20th, 2006 09:42 PM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Velkyn

A ton of Asian horror is lost in thr translation. Their beliefs on what happens when you die or die in distress would carry more weight here in the west if we shared their beliefs, I'm sure.

While I give respect for to the Ringu movies, I think they still have a long way to go to play with the minds the way Hitchcock could.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 03:28 AM
Velkyn is currently offline Click here to Send Velkyn a Private Message Find more posts by Velkyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote