KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Irreversible

Irreversible
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Irreversible

The most disturbing and haunting movie I've ever seen. anyone heard of or seen it? if not it comes out august 5th on dvd, i suggest everyone who likes gore should rent it, because there is a scene where a guy gets his head smashed into pulp by a fire extinguisher, and it looks incredible. this movie also contains the most horrific and realistic rape scene of all time. fair warning, this movie WILL disturb you and stay with you for days after you're first viewing.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 11:32 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

I havent seen it, however, it sounds great though.

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 11:39 PM
kruegerKid is currently offline Click here to Send kruegerKid a Private Message Find more posts by kruegerKid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

its pretty harsh, the rape scene actually brought tears to my eye, but its very well made and intriguing to watch. you should check it out.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 11:40 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

I will, thanks for the heads up.

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 11:42 PM
kruegerKid is currently offline Click here to Send kruegerKid a Private Message Find more posts by kruegerKid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TedO
Nightmare All His Own

Wow, that sounds awesome. Can't wait for it to come out now.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 12:03 AM
TedO is currently offline Click here to Send TedO a Private Message Find more posts by TedO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

Hear that Tedo...

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 12:08 AM
Darth Vicious

Like i said in a previous post i saw a trailer for it in Ebert & Ropert and it looks good, im looking forward to seeing it also is the girl in the rape scene Monica Bellucci(Persephone from the Matrix)? also what rating does it have? R or NC17?

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 01:15 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

unrated as far as i know. and yes its monica bellucci, absolutely stunning woman.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 01:36 AM
Waggy the Dog

Even though Irreversible is a great movie, who ever said that Irreversible has the most brutal rape scene shot on film should see a movie called "I Spit on Your Grave" or "Salo, Or 120 days of Sodom".

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 04:40 PM
Waggy the Dog is currently offline Click here to Send Waggy the Dog a Private Message Find more posts by Waggy the Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omegaman

What is the basic story line of this movie?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 06:17 PM
Omegaman is currently offline Click here to Send Omegaman a Private Message Find more posts by Omegaman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

hey Talking Dog whats Salo and 120 days of Sodom about? ive seen i spit on ur grave and it wasnt that big of a deal about the 2 movies are they horror or thriller movies?

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 07:31 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

ive seen i spit on your grave. the rape scenes in that are definately brutal, but the thing that keeps them from being as disturbing as irreverisible is they are way to over the top... they are almost comical at times. irreversibles is downright tragic and the most realistic one ive seen. last house on the left has a very harsh one as well. as does house by the edge of the park

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 12:29 AM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I don't know...........the rape scene in "I spit on your grave" was pretty realistic, even if the plot of her revenge wasn't......

They need to release I Spit on your Grave on dvd..........you can't even find the video here in the U.S. anymore.........good thing I made a copy when I found it like 15 years ago..........

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 08:41 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omegaman

Backfire, What is the premise of this movie , you know what is the plot give me some details.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 09:37 PM
Omegaman is currently offline Click here to Send Omegaman a Private Message Find more posts by Omegaman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

they have i spit on your grave on dvd. and vhs, i own it on vhs. and like i said, the rape scene wasnt very real in i spit on your grave, too glorified. irreversibles is much more sollumn, sickening and sad... and the plot, i cant believe i forgot this....

the story is about a woman who gets raped, and her 2 friends go to get revenge on the person who did it. however, the thing that makes it different is that its told backwards, so it starts at the end and ends at the beginning, this gives us a god eye view of the events as they happen and make things even more powerful because it makes it so the viewer feel like they know whats going to happen before the characters... there are some very heavy realizations in the movie that make it extremely heart breaking. so far id probably say its the best movie of the year.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 12:29 AM
Waggy the Dog

Sorry to reply late, Darth Vicious.

The Movie Salo or 120 Days of Sodom is basically about Nazi brutalizing a bunch of kids in World War 2. Considered to be the sickest movie ever made, and is also an adaption of the Marquis De Sade's most controversial novel of the same name. AND for all who don't know Marquis De Sade was sadistic torturer of women in whorehouses and was brought to an insane asylum, where he wrote his novels and died.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 02:45 PM
Waggy the Dog is currently offline Click here to Send Waggy the Dog a Private Message Find more posts by Waggy the Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

sadly i cant find it anywhere.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 04:49 PM
Waggy the Dog

Also noted for graphic rape sequences is the supreme Euro-Trash "epic", Tinto Brass' "Caligula". Also deemed unbearably violent and fact-based.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 07:08 PM
BackFire

the biggest video nasty that i know of is generally cannibal holocaust. its pretty much known as the worst of the worst. partly because of its actual animal deaths shown vividly. very disturbing, but great horror movie.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 12:36 AM
Darth Vicious

Thanks Dog i did a search on "Salo" and it turns out its based in the 120 days of Sodom, while im gonna check a couple of video stores this weekend for those movies i doubt ill find them so ill probably look for them on Ebay but im not sure if i even want to, lol and ill look into that Marquis De Sade guy but im glad not all the sickos are from here in America(Ted Bundy, Gacy among others)

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 12:47 AM