KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Signs

Signs
Started by: Nefertite

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nefertite

Shocked Signs

Have you seen Signs it's really scary movie! sickIt's about allians!

Created by Godshinto

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 07:01 PM
Nefertite is currently offline Click here to Send Nefertite a Private Message Find more posts by Nefertite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TedO
Nightmare All His Own

Okay, Signs was not scary in the least. To me, it was more of a thinker movie than a scary movie. Sure, lots of people were freaked out about this movie, but I just couldn't see why. LIke I said, it's more of a thinker than a scary.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 07:13 PM
TedO is currently offline Click here to Send TedO a Private Message Find more posts by TedO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Yeh. I dont think its scary. But i liked it thou. smile

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 07:52 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

agreed. not really scary. has some creepy moments. but its a great movie none the less.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 12:25 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nefertite

Tongue

Some scenes was even funny cool smile
Like with glasses smile

Created by Godshinto

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 10:52 AM
Nefertite is currently offline Click here to Send Nefertite a Private Message Find more posts by Nefertite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

This movie sucked................not only was it not scary, it wasn't even about aliens............

The term "signs" in and ofitself as title is in reference to Mel Gibson's character turning his back on God and losing his faith.....and the SIGNS God gives him in leading him back to his faith.........the movie was about religion, aliens were merely a plot device thrown in to move the story along from one sign to the next......which ofcourse allowed the religious tale to unfold.

God this movie was horrible.........

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 06:45 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

I think this movie was good. I like M. night Shayamans(sp) movies. They involve some thinking and they have really good endings Ex: Sixth Sense, Unbreakable. It wasn't too scary, but there were some pop scenes that made people in the theater scream smile

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 09:11 PM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

I like the birthparty scene. The kid his saying its by the garage or something like that and then the alien shows up! that was cool!

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 09:27 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

the title can be taken a number of ways. there is no definite answer to what signs it is reffering too. yes it has some religion in it, but i do not at all think its 'about' religion.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 12:41 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

I think the title signs refer to the crop circles and also to the signs that the priest saw at the end of the movie.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 08:08 PM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

Its was ok. It did have a few parts that just popped up at you. I wish they got you show you the Army and people fighting the aliens. That would have been good!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 05:21 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

This movie totally FREAKED me out. I laid in bed all night staring at the doorway. I was scared to DEATH !!!

Although the aliens suffered from what Ush and I lovingly call SAS.

Stupid Alien Syndrome.

They could fly a saucer through the millions of miles of cosmos yet couldn't get through an old basement door..... yeesh....give me a break.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 08:03 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

ROFL SAS.

Well the boy explained that the aliens would fight hand to hand combat first. So they didnt bring any weapons save the gas. So i guess they had to resort to primitive ways to enter the basement.

Last edited by Metroplex on Jul 10th, 2003 at 11:15 PM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 11:13 PM
TedO
Nightmare All His Own

I think they just weren't able to get in. They baracided themselves in pretty good, and they didn't have the weapons with them at the time, so they tried to sneak in. Just my two cents, lord only knows if it's true.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 11:23 PM
TedO is currently offline Click here to Send TedO a Private Message Find more posts by TedO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

I think overall the movie was ok, overhyped, but ok. It was definately not scary though I would classify it more of a suspense thriller. The part that ruined it for me though was the ending, I thought that was the stupidest thing. You would think that such an advanced race would study our planet before they tried to take it. If they had they would have know about our change in seasons and avoided wasting their time.

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 10:48 PM
kruegerKid is currently offline Click here to Send kruegerKid a Private Message Find more posts by kruegerKid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

i loved the ending. good to see m.night not try to pull the rug out from under us completely by exposing something ridiculous about the characters in the closing moments.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 07:35 AM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

Best review of Signs I've ever read...............Maddox is a god among men.

Click here for the review (great read):

http://maddox.xmission.com/signs.html

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 12:34 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The()ne

You guys are just trying to act tough. I know that deep down, this movie scared the shiz out of all of you. Oh yeah...SIGNS RULES!!! Can't wait for Night's next movie "The Woods".

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 06:59 AM
The()ne is currently offline Click here to Send The()ne a Private Message Find more posts by The()ne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

no maddox is an idiot. every movie has inconsistancies, especially sci fi and horror films, it is in their nature, thats why they are called sci fi, because something like that can not happen in real life at this time.

every movie can be broken down to seem exceedingly simple and stupid to a point. its not like maddox is the only person to see the hiccups he mentioned in his little cartoon review. although he does seem to be the only person stupid enough to judge a whole movie by the simplification of it. the ending was great, i hate endings to movies where something seemingly important yet random is thrown in at the last moment to gain some kind of sense of closure. this was the problem with m. nights other movies. he tried to hard to pull the rug out from under us. in signs, he leaves it to us to pull the rug from under ourselves by leaving some things to the viewers imagination.

as far as this maddox character goes, on closer evaluation, i find that my statement about him being an idiot is even truer then i thought. he seems to just go against the norm for the sake of being a provokatuer. his complaints and greavences dont seem to be very rational. he just seems to be saying things in order to cop a response from people. however, he did say queen of the damned is the worst movie of all time, i have to agree with that one. anyways. to show you how easy it is to pick apart something and make it seem completely stupid, i will do to maddox's cartoon review, the same thing he did to signs....

MADDOX:
"im going to take all the complaints and insults ive read about the movie signs and pretend i thought them up my self, i will then make a badly drawn cartoon and insert these generic and over heard insults into said badly drawn cartoon in a pathetic attempt to seem witty and clever. i will then bash everything people like and disagree with everyone, even if i secretly agree with them, because i want attention, however, i am not smart enough to back up my statements with any feesable retort should someone send me a response exploiting my ignorance, so i will simply put on the site that anyone who disagrees with me is wrong. oh its time to go masterbate my fater while i rub K-9 fecees all over my crotch. this cannot go on my website."

see its that easy. yes, ive gone on quite a while, i was board and needed to waste some time before going to bed. again, signs > maddox

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 08:10 AM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

You should read the hate mail section if you don't think he can back up what he says.............nobody who wants to be popular refers to Army of Darkness as the best movie ever............beyond that, everybody is entitled to their own opinion so your opinion of Maddox is as good as mine.

You were wrong though.........Sci-Fi means that it is a fictional movie, based upon the laws of science. Even if the science in a movie is fictional (Stargate), it is still based upon the fundamental laws of science.
That said, tell me which element in water actually kills the aliens in Signs. Is it hydrogen or oxygen?..........or is it the compound itself? Irrelevant really as all 3 exist abundantly in our own atmosphere........yet those aliens were walking around without any problems weren't they....................hmmmm........this movie is not Sci-fi.......it is just fiction as it appears the makers of the movie had no knowledge of science.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 02:04 AM