KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » techno

techno
Started by: DeNiro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DeNiro

techno

does ne one like it i sure dont

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 01:58 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fallin Angel
Your Angel

I love techno eek!

Sig and icon made by me. ^_^

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 02:36 AM
Fallin Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Fallin Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Fallin Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

techno's ok. some techno. most are just ****ed up.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 02:47 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Killer
Glampire

ummmm... i am not sure if what i listen to , you would consider techno... but it's some good shit .. esp when you just wanna get out anger, frustration, excitment, ect....

http://www.vampirefreaks.com/profile.php?user=synth107etic

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 04:56 AM
Killer is currently offline Click here to Send Killer a Private Message Find more posts by Killer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Anyone know the names of some really reaally good Techno bands/names? I need some new techno.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 02:48 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Fluke. It's all about Fluke. They're not strictly techno (not anymore, anyway), they sort of spill over into acid house, ambient and other such electronic whathaveyous, but they're very good. A lot of movies have used their music ('Absurd' is in Sin City, a remix of 'Another Kind of Blues' called 'Zion' is in The Matrix Reloaded, and 'Atom Bomb' is in tons of action flicks). Risotto is as good a techno album as any you'll hear.

Also, 'Kitten Moon' is the only electronic dance music song to make it into my top 10 all time tracks. Or even anywhere near in fact, now I think about it.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 06:39 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

a lot of people confuse Matrix style soundtrack rubbish with TECHNO
check any of these

CYBOTRON
DREXCIYA
MODEL 500
JEFF MILLS
UNDERGROUND RESISTANCE
DOPPLEREFFEKT
BEN SIMMS
MARCO COROLLA

for real UNDERGROUND TECHNO
no cheese and MC free

or try the master
DAVE CLARK on the mix
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WYO11D4Z

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Mar 27th, 2007 09:32 AM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Or...just try Fluke.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2007 03:12 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

fluke are rubbish
they sounded dated 10 years ago
and are the epitome of that horrible kitchen sink techno that accompanies many a movie shoot outthere is a saying in Detroit Techno circles - FOR THOSE THAT KNOW THE DIFFERANCE......seems a lot dont

this is all you need
http://www.detroittechnomilitia.com...136/Itemid,230/

Last edited by vintageSW77 on Mar 28th, 2007 at 09:21 AM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 09:08 AM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Pssh. As I said before, they're not even strictly techno. They bust out of that little bracket. Which is good cos as a genre, techno basically sucks. The only genuinely interesting artists associated with techno are the ones that break its mould and do something different with it rather than just going ''thump thump thump beep beep beep''.

i.e. Fluke, The Prodigy, Underworld, Aphex Twin and such. The only difference between most of the rest is that THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 05:41 PM
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

Techno is a broad term for one...and for two, it DOESN'T all sound the same. Fluke, and those other top 40 electronica outfits that have just been mentioned span a variety of sub-genres that fall under what some people decide to call techno. These are just the popular ones...

I think the best of what would fall under a list like that then would be Leftfield.

Otherwise, Juan Atkins is what I'd consider to be just pure techno.

...and I can't remember one after hours or rave I've ever gone to where they were playing Fluke. It's definitely NOT "all about Fluke".

Last edited by EPIIIBITES on Mar 29th, 2007 at 04:02 AM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 03:48 AM
EPIIIBITES is currently offline Click here to Send EPIIIBITES a Private Message Find more posts by EPIIIBITES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

If MSTRKRFT are considered techno, they're probably the only real artists I would say I like.

They would do well to stop trying to be Daft Punk 2, though.

I wouldn't consider The Prodigy or Aphex Twin to be techno.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 09:09 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deathblow

Fluke, The Prodigy, Underworld, Aphex Twin and such.

apart from Aphex who is electronica id call the others Pop Techno
a diluted form of

Fluke are fine for driving round a racetrack to via a game on the PS2

or 3 if youve got one

Juan Atkins............todays classical

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 09:31 AM
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
If MSTRKRFT are considered techno, they're probably the only real artists I would say I like.

MSTRKRFT...Canada...woo-hoo!

Although, the Daft Punk thing bugs me too...and having anime videos just sealed it. They even wear masks too I think...so very, very, very Canadian to be a copy-cat band like this...happens ALL the freakin time here. Embarrassing.

Other good Canadian techno...Plastikman...from way back.

Last edited by EPIIIBITES on Mar 29th, 2007 at 10:12 AM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 10:02 AM
EPIIIBITES is currently offline Click here to Send EPIIIBITES a Private Message Find more posts by EPIIIBITES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

Daft Punk are outstanding although i was surprised at how many samples they have in their tracks
i thought it was all their own work

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 10:26 AM
Bubble_O_Bill

Of course I like Techno, and house, prog, tribal, Psy Trance, breaks, DnB, Dubstep, Trip Hop etc etc.

If you want to 'broaden' your mind a little look for singles, sets or cd's from the following artists:

Minilogue
Exrawelt
Amon Tobin
Aphex Twin
Bonobo
Sasha
James Zabiela
Paolo Mojo
Alex Smoke
Funk D'Void
General Midi
Tipper
Shpongle
Funky Porcini

thats a good start anyway wink

Last edited by Bubble_O_Bill on Apr 19th, 2007 at 03:07 AM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:05 AM
Bubble_O_Bill is currently offline Click here to Send Bubble_O_Bill a Private Message Find more posts by Bubble_O_Bill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

none of the above are Techno

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 12:51 PM
Bubble_O_Bill

I think Extrawelt and Alex Smoke would beg to differ!

I was more illustrating a broader range of genres than just techno anyway, 'most' people blanket dance music in general with the techno banner. Some of those artists may be a little easier for them to stomach than the Mills/Drexciya/Clarke wall of sound and might actually pique their interset in other styles of music.. maybe!

beleive me.. I know what Techno is.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 02:51 PM
Bubble_O_Bill is currently offline Click here to Send Bubble_O_Bill a Private Message Find more posts by Bubble_O_Bill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

i didnt see Mr Smoke
ive bought a couple of his tracks over the years
i apologize

extrawelt is new to me#
thanx for the nod

Last edited by vintageSW77 on Apr 19th, 2007 at 03:05 PM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:03 PM
Bubble_O_Bill

nah all good man.. I get a bit genrelitist myself at times "there is no hard in house" lol

but do check out Extrawelt if you can, theres a mad live mix from early last year floating around which is truly inspiring, alot of melodic bass heavy tech and a little glitchy minimal, but still amazing nonetheless. or you just try beatport for singles of course wink

Smoke I cought a few months ago in a small club with unfortunatley only about 10 other people and no aircon!! was worth the sweat though, best live set i've seen in a while.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:13 PM