KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Has anybody heard of my favorite band, PULP?

Has anybody heard of my favorite band, PULP?
Started by: Tired Hiker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Has anybody heard of my favorite band, PULP?

I love this band. I think they are kind of old, but they are from Europe and they are the greatest band. It's not rap or hip hop so I doubt any of you kids will know who they are.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 12:27 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

huh never heard of them before

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 12:30 AM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

They sing the best songs. I think the lead singer's girlfriend cheated on him or something because he always sings about sleeping with women while their husbands are gone and stuff like that. He's really bitter. It's great.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 12:32 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Pulp as in Common People Pulp?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:03 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Yes!! I love that band! 'she came from Greece she had a thirst for knowledge . . .'

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:09 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Then yes, of COURSE I have heard of them, they are big in the UK! One of my favourites too.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:10 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I just bought their greatest hits album and I love song number 2. The words start out like this . . .

"The trouble with your brother is . . .
. . . he's always sleeping with your mother . . ."

Only they can sing stuff like that the way they do.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:10 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Hey Ush, when were they in their prime? Are they still together?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:12 AM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

*feels ignorant* erm

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:13 AM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
I just bought their greatest hits album and I love song number 2. The words start out like this . . .

"The trouble with your brother is . . .
. . . he's always sleeping with your mother . . ."

Only they can sing stuff like that the way they do.

ABout seven years ao, and as far as I know, yes.

Only Jarvis Cocker could mock Michael Jackson quite like the way he did as well...

BtVS

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:14 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
ABout seven years ao, and as far as I know, yes.

Only Jarvis Cocker could mock Michael Jackson quite like the way he did as well...

Who's Jarvis Cocker . . . and Ush, my room mate and I have a bet going on. You know the woman in Pulp? What instrument does she play? I say bass, my roomie says drums.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:17 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Jarvis Cocker... like... Pulp's lead singer!

Candida? She plays... um... hell, I shall have to check.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:21 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote:
Jarvis Cocker... like... Pulp's lead singer!

Candida? She plays... um... hell, I shall have to check.

See Ush, I know nothing about my new favorite band that is why I'm glad you know of them. Tell me more about Jarvis Cocker. Would he do Micheal Jackson moves in concert? That is classic if so.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:25 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I am damn sure Candida wasn't drums.

And you never heard about Jarvis and Michael Jackson? Oh my, it was classic. They were at some bug gig somewhere and Jarvis was disgusted by MJ's explotiation of children to make himself look like a Jesus figure as they all came running to him on stage as he had a bright light shone on him.

So Jarvis ad-libbed onto the stage and started waving his (clothed) buttocks at people, just completely off the top of his head (he;s a thin guy, he could hardly disrupt like some big rocker could)

Which everyone thought was hilarious. MJ's people tried to sue but could not find a legal basis. Jarvis spent the next US tour wearing a bulletproof jacket, fearful of being shot by Jackson nuts...

BtVS

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:28 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote:
I am damn sure Candida wasn't drums.

And you never heard about Jarvis and Michael Jackson? Oh my, it was classic. They were at some bug gig somewhere and Jarvis was disgusted by MJ's explotiation of children to make himself look like a Jesus figure as they all came running to him on stage as he had a bright light shone on him.

So Jarvis ad-libbed onto the stage and started waving his (clothed) buttocks at people, just completely off the top of his head (he;s a thin guy, he could hardly disrupt like some big rocker could)

Which everyone thought was hilarious. MJ's people tried to sue but could not find a legal basis. Jarvis spent the next US tour wearing a bulletproof jacket, fearful of being shot by Jackson nuts...

That has to be the best story ever. I knew I loved these guys for a reason. So did Jarvis go up on stage and do this while Michael was up there, or did he do it after?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:36 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Whilst he was there. Right in the middle of it all!

BtVS

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:37 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Absolutley awesome. Jackson must have paid off the media to not show that in the US because I never heard of that. Thanks Ush. Any other cool Pulp stories you can share?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:39 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That's the only one I can think of right now. I am amazed it didn;t get to the news there- it was all over the place here!

BtVS

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:41 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

How long ago was that?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:44 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

[i;[

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 07:19 AM