KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Top 100 albums of the 90's

Top 100 albums of the 90's
Started by: mah

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Top 100 albums of the 90's

The best reviews site out there, Pitchforkmedia.com, has made the first top-list that doesn't suck. This one covers the writers' favourite 100 albums of the 1990's. Such a lovely list.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/top/90s/

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 01:59 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
saucybird007
Essex Bird!

Thats well cool! I totally agree with you Mah.

To all of my KMC Buddies...
I loves ya love

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 02:01 PM
saucybird007 is currently offline Click here to Send saucybird007 a Private Message Find more posts by saucybird007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Well I have approx. 10 out of the 100.

It did have quite a mix of wierd and mainstream stuff in it, but my tastes appear somewhere in between I think.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 03:08 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

hmm...this is really not my kind of stuff at all....but there are some great artists on there Pixiesbig grin..i love Pixies..REM, Smashing pumpkins, and Blur thumb up and im glad Radiohead are number one yes

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 03:19 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

LOOK HOW HIGH NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL IS! YES! YEEEEES! AND APHEX TWIN! DJ SHADOW! YEAAAAAAA

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 03:35 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

hmm I would say there werent 100 good albums through the 90`s at all

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 03:39 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

But you haven't heard half of the ones listed on that list.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 03:44 PM
lil bitchiness
-

This is only one field of music...(or a few put together) If we are talking about THE best 100 albums of the 90s then all kinds of music should be considered!

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 04:06 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
But you haven't heard half of the ones listed on that list.
I dont live in a musical blackhole Mah I ve been real heavy into music since long before you were born. And just like any other top 100 list this one is just as crap

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 04:35 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
o0tAyLoR0o
Queen Of Evolution

YAY FOR MASSIVE ATTACK, R.E.M, SQUAREPUSHER, SMASHING PUMPKINS AND RADIOHEAD! YAY! rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 08:41 PM
o0tAyLoR0o is currently offline Click here to Send o0tAyLoR0o a Private Message Find more posts by o0tAyLoR0o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

quote:
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
This is only one field of music...(or a few put together) If we are talking about THE best 100 albums of the 90s then all kinds of music should be considered!

What does this mean? THey have absolutely all genres in that list.

quote:
I dont live in a musical blackhole Mah I ve been real heavy into music since long before you were born. And just like any other top 100 list this one is just as crap

Well this list isn't about anything before I were born. But until you say otherwise my statement still stands; I do not believe you've heard half the cd's (or artists) represented on that list.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 08:50 PM
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by mah
What does this mean? THey have absolutely all genres in that list.

You are absolutely wrong there! There arent all genres there....ok, first of all metal is missing, second of all silly annoying 'pop' is missing...there are NOT all genres on there...and the title says the top 100 albums of the 90s...that should indicate ALL good albums any genre...

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 09:02 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

quote:
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
You are absolutely wrong there! There arent all genres there....ok, first of all metal is missing, second of all silly annoying 'pop' is missing...there are NOT all genres on there...and the title says the top 100 albums of the 90s...that should indicate ALL good albums any genre...

There's metal there.
If the pop is "silly" i.e bad, then of course it shouldn't be there. There's pop there though, and tons of it.
Yes, they've selected their favourite albums from any genre there..

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 09:08 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Well..if you say so..then i can safely say..

That list sucks beyond all belief, and that those are by far not the best albums of the 90s!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 09:15 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Sonic Youth, Björk, Björk again, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, The Flaming Lips! Love that list! thumb up

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 12:53 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Yeah.
Didn't know you liked Sonic Youth Tex! cool

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 09:02 AM
finti

quote:
posted by Mah
Well this list isn't about anything before I were born. But until you say otherwise my statement still stands; I do not believe you've heard half the cd's (or artists) represented on that list.

Dont be so bloody arrogant
I do pay enormous attention to the music scene and have done so since a very young age and even if a lot of those bands aint all that comercial well known doesnt mean I havent heard of them. I go pretty far beyond the "this is whats hot today" kind off music. In other words I PAY ATTENTION AND LISTEN TO A LOT OF DIFFERENT BANDS. I dont say I heard of all of them but it aint far from though.

"until you say otherwise " so if it doesnt agree with your liking means that people dont know about music or dont know about bands.
Dont overestimate your own knowledge while underestimate others.

Music is about taste, and my taste dont agree with that list at all, nor any other list for that matter. I do agree with a lot of whats on it but far from all, actually I think half of the albums on that list actually sucks.

Dont for one instant think just because I love the music of the 70s and early 80s that it make me incapable of paying attention to what goes on in the music world besides my preferences in that field.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 10:51 AM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Fair enough.
You misunderstood me though; "until you say otherwise" was meant in regards to what you'd heard from the list. I assumed you hadn't heard half of the stuff there, but if you said you had (which you did now) then I'd take it back.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 10:59 AM
finti

fair enough. You want me to list what I have heard there big grin? and by the way Jeff Buckley`s Grace failure to make top 10 is a bloody shame not even top 20, especially since Nirvanas In Utero is among those. I think that one was a weak follow up to Nevermind which was great (JMHO)

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 11:05 AM
finti

and Talk Talks Laughing stock (at # 11) is their weakest album.
I like Talk Talk, all of them except this album

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 11:08 AM