KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Muse and Placebo

Muse and Placebo
Started by: Ikobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

Question Muse and Placebo

I've heard a few songs by both bands; I started properly liking Muse when I heard Feelin' Good and Plug In Baby being played on the radio and I'd watch the videos when I babysat the hellspawn-children in town.
Placebo performed on V Graham Norton once, and when I babysat again, there was a Placebo special on MTV2 or something... anyway, I don't really know that much about them so if you lot could help me I'd be most happy.

Also, has anyone heard of an artist/band called In The Nursery? The vocalist is a girl who sings in French.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 02:50 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

I don't like Muse coz they're a wee bit too pretentious. Placebo are amazing coz when it comes to songs about pain, self loathing and despair theres none better! Placebo rule!

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 03:14 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fanatos
Artificial Intelligence

I have two albums of Muse, they rock!
Placebo wink, I have few songs and they are good, don't know much about the bands... only the music they make.

I see your face with every punch I take,
And every bone I break - it's all for you!

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 03:52 PM
fanatos is currently offline Click here to Send fanatos a Private Message Find more posts by fanatos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lost_Again
Ultimate Disaster Area

Thankyou God! other people who love placebo! which placebo songs do you like? I absolutely Love the bitter end, taste in men, and also Pure morning...I can't beleive I missed V Graham Norton, would the repeat be on anytime soon? also, Brian molko is FiT!! *sigh* love

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 09:07 PM
Lost_Again is currently offline Click here to Send Lost_Again a Private Message Find more posts by Lost_Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

My fave song? "Every me, every you" It also contains their best lyric - "Carve your name into my arm/instead of stressed I lie here charmed"
Absolute genius.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 09:32 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Killer
Glampire

PLACEBO!!!!!
couldn't even start to say how much i love them *grins and grabs placebo cds*
i like my sweet prince alot for a song

http://www.vampirefreaks.com/profile.php?user=synth107etic

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 06:50 AM
Killer is currently offline Click here to Send Killer a Private Message Find more posts by Killer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lost_Again
Ultimate Disaster Area

Every you Every Me is great...But I love the songs off of thier new album, Also, Bruise Pristine is a favourite...Why does everybody say that Brian molko hates everybody? Probably because he does, but that's not the point...I love his smile, it's really cheeky, and his eyes...Absolutely gorgeous!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 08:45 PM
Lost_Again is currently offline Click here to Send Lost_Again a Private Message Find more posts by Lost_Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Placebo and Muse rock, although Muse slightly edge out Placebo in my favorablity ranking, both are two of the best British bands around.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 09:48 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fuct_up_kid
Trash Flavoured Trash

placebo absolutely RULE!!!!
my fave songs are
Pure Morning....This Picture....Brick Shithouse...and....Special Needs.
also, their cover of jackie is really haunting!

I hate to break this to you, but being a coward is not a legitimate career

Old Post Jan 11th, 2004 03:55 PM
fuct_up_kid is currently offline Click here to Send fuct_up_kid a Private Message Find more posts by fuct_up_kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lost_Again
Ultimate Disaster Area

I have loads of fave placebo songs. I've recently listened to their songs a lot more closely and I've found a few new favourites. The Crawl is a good example.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 11:11 AM
mook

i dont know a lot of Placebo but i really like Muse.
i have all 3 of their albums, all of which are good but in different ways.
their most recent (absolution) is great and due to matts (lead singer) break up with his girlfriend is very personal and effecting while still being a rocking album.

i think the lyric posted by 'amity75' - "Carve your name into my arm/instead of stressed I lie here charmed" sums up Placebo pretty well - "pain, self loathing and despair"

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 07:39 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Libertine
Albion on sail to arcadia

I love Muse. Matthew Bellamy is Gorge. I have all there albums too. My fave songs are 'plug in baby', 'bliss', and 'Stolkholme Syndrome'.
I know its not nice to say but you made my day that matt broke up with his girlfriend. I know its horrible to say.
And placebo fan really loves placebo, i know her and shes always going on about them!

Muse, The Libertines, the beatles and Green Day are the greatest bands in the world

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 12:10 PM
Libertine is currently offline Click here to Send Libertine a Private Message Find more posts by Libertine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MsFit

I have all of Muse's albums but my favourite is still the first which was 'Showbizz'. My fave songs are 'New Born', 'Sunburn' and 'Stockholm Syndrome'.

I like Placebo as well- got three of their albums. I prefer their older stuff like 'Nancy Boy' but their new stuff is pretty good. Did anyone buy the new Placebo album with the extra 'covers' cd with it? I love their cover of 'Where is my Mind'; originally by the Pixies.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 10:44 PM
MsFit is currently offline Click here to Send MsFit a Private Message Find more posts by MsFit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lost_Again
Ultimate Disaster Area

I have to say, I don't have that one, but I've heard the cover of 'Where is my mind' on the internet. I've also heard 'Running up that hill'. The covers I have heard are really good.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 08:43 PM
zyntox
I'm just ur peeping tom..

bonjour a tous
je suis francaise
j adore placebo et muse
mais ce sont deux genres different pour moi
disons que les textes de placebo sont beaucoup plus noirs que ce de muse
entre les deux je choisis sans hesiter :
PLACEBO

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 09:52 PM
zyntox is currently offline Click here to Send zyntox a Private Message Find more posts by zyntox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Libertine
Albion on sail to arcadia

I have a feeling that hes french!

Muse, The Libertines, the beatles and Green Day are the greatest bands in the world

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 02:06 PM
Libertine is currently offline Click here to Send Libertine a Private Message Find more posts by Libertine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zyntox

en tout cas
j attends avec impatience
les prochains concerts de ces artistes love

Aaaahhh William Burroughs quand tu me tiens.....

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 02:43 PM
zyntox is currently offline Click here to Send zyntox a Private Message Find more posts by zyntox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lost_Again
Ultimate Disaster Area

I also like 'Daddy cool' which is a great cover.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 03:03 PM
zyntox

yea daddy cool
j adore elle me fait trop triper! Happy Dance

Aaaahhh William Burroughs quand tu me tiens.....

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2004 12:28 AM