KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Cover songs

Cover songs
Started by: Tirekicker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tirekicker
Member of the

Cover songs

Hey,
I wanted to know what everybody thought when concerning cover songs. Like what should be left alone, those that have to be done, etc.
I have a band and we play half covers, half originals and I'd just like to get some outside opinions.
Peace

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 03:41 AM
Tirekicker is currently offline Click here to Send Tirekicker a Private Message Find more posts by Tirekicker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

nothing is sacred -

the only rule is dont do a cover and try to make it sound like the original - thats a waste of everybodys time.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 03:47 AM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

What kind of stuff do you guys play? that makes a big diff as to which covers are kosher and which are best not dealt with

Ytaker agreed with me once on October 9th, 2004

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 03:53 AM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Some covers suck, some are pretty good. Like Zero said, don't try to make them sound like the original song. Waste of time, most people would rather just listen to the original.

But APC's cover of "Imagine," and RATM's "Renegades of Funk" album (all covers) are both very good.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 04:51 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronny
Love is Blindness

imagine is the only cover i like embarrasment im not really into people redoing songs

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 05:29 AM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Jeff Buckleys cover of "Hallelujah" is awesome

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 05:51 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
plenTpak52
Pinball Wizard

covers can be really good. Most of the good ones are almost just re-written music with the same lyrics over it.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 06:19 AM
plenTpak52 is currently offline Click here to Send plenTpak52 a Private Message Find more posts by plenTpak52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Fred Durst is number on on my death list for ruining the reputation of a perfect song

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 11:05 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bierbommetje

Off topic: I might be wrong but what pisses me off about Renegades is that it doesnt mention the copyright of all the songs. Like theres maybe 5 or 6... I mean come on... I thought RATM would be the last to not include the original writers. That kinda disapointed me...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 01:45 PM
Bierbommetje is currently offline Click here to Send Bierbommetje a Private Message Find more posts by Bierbommetje Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote