KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Choose me some new bands please?

Choose me some new bands please?
Started by: eggmayo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eggmayo

Tongue Choose me some new bands please?

Basically, I love my music, and I have too many of all these bands songs, can you luverly people name some more bands in the same vein?

Black Sabbath
Led Zeppelin
Ozzy Osbourne
Nirvana
SOAD
RATM
Rammstein
Queen
Metallica
Hendrix
Iron Maiden
Guns and Roses
AC/DC

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 08:19 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finchman

Three days grace
audioslave
Bad Religion
the offspring
sum 41
system of a down
disturbed

I think those are kinda in the same vein...
(I personally recommend Chevelle, Mad At Gravity, and 3 Doors Down, but whatever...)

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 09:59 PM
finchman is currently offline Click here to Send finchman a Private Message Find more posts by finchman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

few problems there....
none of them are really in the same vien, apart from System....and he listed them in his post haha stick out tongue

Egg:
you seem to have no real set genre to ur list, they're all just older bands apart from SOAD RATM and Nirvana... and theyre all very different, so itll be hard for any1 to really give u a list of new bands you may like

im listening to Death From Above 1979 now, so why not try them out...be a good start stick out tongue then try The Eighties Matchbox B-line Disaster

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 10:05 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcrypT
Reach out to me

Yea they are absolutely different bands, not much in common on your list...

Red Hot Chillie Peppers
Pink Floyed
Sting
Aerosmith

I think those are a few bands that you might like, they don't all have much to do with eachother but they seem to fit into your list.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 10:25 PM
AcrypT is currently offline Click here to Send AcrypT a Private Message Find more posts by AcrypT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Tool, Tool, Tool and Tool.

Oh yeah and Opeth.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 08:30 AM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

the kidney theives are a good band, if you like the rock/techno mix.

if you have played the game deus ex:invisible war, NG Resonance's music is performed by the kidney theives

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 09:20 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcrypT
Reach out to me

Prodigy, you gota like them...

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 12:50 PM
AcrypT is currently offline Click here to Send AcrypT a Private Message Find more posts by AcrypT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

^ i do like most of the mentioned bands, but i wouldnt class them as favourites.

the best genre i would say is classic rock. or classic metal eg sabbath.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 07:58 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bierbommetje

Velvet Revolver
Protein
Queens of the Stone Age
Stone Temple Pilots
Slash's Snakepit
ZZ Top

Just some names off the top of my head.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 08:04 PM
Bierbommetje is currently offline Click here to Send Bierbommetje a Private Message Find more posts by Bierbommetje Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcrypT
Reach out to me

Well it would be hard to class any band as a favorit till you got to know them. That's at least how it works with me, a band has to build itself up to the top of my band list slowly slowly to be concidered one of my favorits, sometimes it takes a month sometimes a year but it's never love at first sight.
My advice is let yourself open up to new bands that you never really gave much atention to and you may find you like them more than you thought (or more than other people made you think, don't dislike a band just because everyone els does untill you've given them a try!).

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 09:44 PM
Dwarfdude
Official KMC F*ck Monkey

Finch.....Less Than Jake......Eighteen Visions....Skindred....And if you want some slower, sort of a mix of funk and rock, then Dispatch is a good bet.

"Balance is best in all things." -The Odyssey

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 10:25 PM
Dwarfdude is currently offline Click here to Send Dwarfdude a Private Message Find more posts by Dwarfdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

Norma Jean

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 11:31 PM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

quote:
Originally posted by Deathblow
Tool, Tool, Tool and Tool.

Oh yeah and Opeth.

And
A perfect Circle...

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 12:36 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

if you would like to give real hip hop groups a try

listen to

Cannibal Ox
CunninLynguists
A Tribe Called Quest
De La Soul
Binary Star
Blackstar
Company Flow
Fermented Reptile
Jedi Mind Tricks
Madvillain

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 01:45 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

The Killers
The Walkmen
Atom & His Package (****ing Hilarious)
Jimmy Eat World

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 02:10 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote