KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » S Carter...

S Carter...
Started by: Holcomb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Holcomb

S Carter...

has anyone else heard about this jay z thing? I checked out the website but there isn't much info. I "enrolled" anyway but still don't know that much.

anyone else heard of it???

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 04:50 PM
Holcomb is currently offline Click here to Send Holcomb a Private Message Find more posts by Holcomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

I heard of those.
Those shits are ugly.U should get the yellow and white 13s

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 08:49 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

You've heard of the academy?

Are the yellow and whites shoes?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 09:01 PM
Holcomb is currently offline Click here to Send Holcomb a Private Message Find more posts by Holcomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Nah.
I ahven't heard of the academy.How about some uptowns(low cuts nikes)

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 09:26 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ketchuptome
Nah.
I ahven't heard of the academy.How about some uptowns(low cuts nikes)

Well to me it looks like the academy could turn out to be kinda cool because I admire jay as slick businessman.

What color uptowns?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 05:33 PM
k00L kiD
life is a dream

The all white...

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 10:01 PM
Holcomb

YOu got a pic of those?

Check out this letter from the "dean:"

Prepare to Takeover. You are about to embark on a quest of self-discovery: lessons that will challenge you to think and explore beyond your typical realm. Whether you’ve had a Hard Knock life or are from the most affluent suburb, we will provide you with a Blueprint that will elevate your game to the next level.

The S. Carter Academy is an extraordinary enclave of creativity, inquiry, and discovery. Those seeking to train with the best and obtain an elite status in music, fashion and sports - the Academy presents one of the most comprehensive, up-to-date and relevant music, style and sports curriculums available anywhere.

A school without walls, attendees use whatever is around them to broaden their scope, as we believe that experience is the best teacher and the street is the best resource.

This exclusive academy is not for everyone and admittance is not guaranteed. A chosen few will have the ability to put their knowledge and passions into practical use through real assignments with companies like The New Jersey Nets, Def Jam and Reebok, companies with a Jay-Z affiliation.

Jay-Z + Hova + Young + Lucky Lefty + Jigga + Shawn Carter = a Legend. We challenge you to find your extensions and become a legend in your own right.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 10:09 PM
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Kool..
I dont have a pic of them but i got the pic of the "Ice Creams"
and the dud zeros.But they 2 big to post

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 10:11 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

you dont need an academy to do all that^

"elevate your game to the next level"?

that defeats the purpose of being a real mc. real mc's should discover their own style, not allow other mc's to point them to different directions of how they should elevate their game.

just my thoughts.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 10:20 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

Originally posted by hh?
you dont need an academy to do all that^

"elevate your game to the next level"?

that defeats the purpose of being a real mc. real mc's should discover their own style, not allow other mc's to point them to different directions of how they should elevate their game.

just my thoughts.

I don't think that defeats the purpose. Jay is just trying to help out the young mc's that's what I think.

He's not saying they have to be exactly like him, it's more like he is giving them a platform you know?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 11:32 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

possibly.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 01:44 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

Originally posted by Ketchuptome
Kool..
I dont have a pic of them but i got the pic of the "Ice Creams"
and the dud zeros.But they 2 big to post

I found this pic on the site.

(please log in to view the image)

what do you think?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 09:03 PM
k00L kiD
life is a dream

How u do that.Please tell.Ive been dieing to no how to put a pic in a post.
They look "Alright"...

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 09:08 PM
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

Its okay...nothing special.

The Garnett's is where it's at.thumb up

(please log in to view the image)

By the way, since this is about shoes and not music, this thread probably needs to be moved into the OTF.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 09:14 PM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

hmmm.Good point.
U should see the dud Zersos or the 13s.They look sharp

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 09:16 PM
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

both those kicks look pretty tight, i'm a knicks fan, so i've got to go with what jamal crawford is wearing

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 09:42 PM
FlappingMangera is currently offline Click here to Send FlappingMangera a Private Message Find more posts by FlappingMangera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

hmmm.Have u heard of the new 13s.The black and green.Those are exclusive.
My fav are the new Huaraches and the army colored nikes

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 10:42 PM