KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Vh1 Top 100 Best Hard Rock Artists

Vh1 Top 100 Best Hard Rock Artists
Started by: Dr. Octagon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Vh1 Top 100 Best Hard Rock Artists

what do you guyz think of VH1's list?

1. Led Zeppelin
2. Black Sabbath
3. Jimi Hendrix
4. AC/DC
5. Metallica
6. Nirvana
7. Van Halen
8. The Who
9. Guns N' Roses
10. KISS
11. Aerosmith
12. The Sex Pistols
13. Queen
14. Soundgarden
15. Pink Floyd
16. Cream
17. The Ramones
18. Ozzy Osbourne
19. The Clash
20. Alice Cooper
21. Pearl Jam
22. Deep Purple
23. Judas Priest
24. Iron Maiden
25. Cheap Trick
26. Motorhead
27. Iggy Pop/ The Stooges
28. Rush
29. Motley Crue
30. Red Hot Chili Peppers
31. Def Leppard
32. The Doors
33. Rage Against The Machine
34. Alice in Chains
35. Jane's Addiction
36. Frank Zappa
37. Yardbirds
38. MC5
39. Neil Young & Crazy Horse
40. Stone Temple Pilots
41. Ted Nugent
42. The Kinks
43. Nine Inch Nails
44. ZZ Top
45. Pantera
46. Scorpions
47. The Rollins Band/ Black Flag
48. Janis Joplin
49. Smashing Pumpkins
50. Slayer
51. Thin Lizzy
52. Faith No More
53. Korn
54. Sonic Youth
55. Blue Oyster Cult
56. White Zombie
57. Heart
58. Anthrax
59. Bad Company
60. The New York Dolls
61. Jethro Tull
62. Ministry
63. Boston
64. Steppenwolf
65. The Cult
66. Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
67. Rolling Stones
68. Husker Du
69. Megadeth
70. Living Colour
71. Lynyrd Skynyrd
72. Foo Fighters
73. Twisted Sister
74. Pat Benatar
75. Spinal Tap
76. Bon Jovi
77. Hole
78. Marilyn Manson
79. Ratt
80. Green Day
81. Pixies
82. Queensryche
83. King's X
84. UFO
85. Whitesnake
86. Foreigner
87. King Crimson
88. Tool
89. Lita Ford
90. Rainbow
91. Danzig
92. The Black Crowes
93. Lenny Kravitz
94. Yes
95. Fugazi
96. Meat Loaf
97. Primus
98. Mountain
99. Bad Brains
100. Quiet Riot

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 11:36 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am offended that Slayer is Only at number 50. The only Bands that i could understand being above them are Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden.

And how the Hell is Korn on that List but no Slipknot? And How the hell is Korn above Anthrax, Megadeth, Tool, Danzig and The Blue Oyster Cult?

Good Bands on the List but Way out of place.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 12:00 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

dont think ZZ Top are worth their ranking

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 12:04 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

there are a lot of bands on that list that I wouldn't even consider to be "hard rock"

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 12:17 AM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

cause we all know that VH1 is all about hard rock

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 12:28 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

nice to see Sonic Youth on there...even though they are alternative...you might even consider them punk

but not hard rock.

and why is Pink Floyd on that list??

c'mon, VH1. this list is awesomely bad at best.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 12:37 AM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

whats this list judged on?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 12:38 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pernille

Nirvana's too high, Queen to low.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 02:10 AM
Pernille is currently offline Click here to Send Pernille a Private Message Find more posts by Pernille Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Vh1 do too many of these list.Most of them suck and are questionably decided by Maxium Magazine and a few executives at Vh1.They claim this list was decided on by the rockers themselfs but I highly doubt this.Pearl Jam gets placed at 21 yet Slipknot,Fear Factory,Type O Negative and too many others to name are left out.I think something very funny is going on or Vh1 just has some bad judgement.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 02:29 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or that Jethro Tull is above megadeth and Danzig

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 02:42 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Ooo, I love rawkin' out to Bon Jovi!

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 03:15 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

N
i
r
v
a
n
a

a
r
e
n'
t

r
e
a
l
l
y

t
h
a
t

g
o
o
d

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 03:29 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

True, after Kurts Death they got way overrated

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 04:13 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I was watching "Nirvana: Unplugged in NY" bootleg DVD I bought this afternoon and I was saying to myself that it's a shame that a band as talented as they got dragged through the mud over a stupid murder, thus kids latching onto them.

Cobain was a great vocalist, especially in acoustic sets. If you wanna disagree, take a listen to "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" on the Unplugged album, or either of the tracks with the Meat Puppets.

As a whole, they were held in such high regard for ushering in a movement, and not so much the quality of their music. Cashed in a dress code, and added some attitude. WTF. They were still a good band, but no means out of this world, and more 50 - 60 material.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 04:37 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

queen should be in the top 10
and i dont know why foo fighters and lenny kravitz got into that list

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 04:49 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

and where the hell is dream theater?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 04:50 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

There are so many bands that shouldn't even be on there.

And Tool and Faith No More both should be waaaaaaaaaaaaay higher.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 04:57 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Slayer Should be Number 1 or 2, easily.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 04:59 AM
Bardock42

What exactly do they consider Hard Rock? ...very strange....

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 05:09 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I was watching "Nirvana: Unplugged in NY" bootleg DVD I bought this afternoon and I was saying to myself that it's a shame that a band as talented as they got dragged through the mud over a stupid murder, thus kids latching onto them.

Cobain was a great vocalist, especially in acoustic sets. If you wanna disagree, take a listen to "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" on the Unplugged album, or either of the tracks with the Meat Puppets.

As a whole, they were held in such high regard for ushering in a movement, and not so much the quality of their music. Cashed in a dress code, and added some attitude. WTF. They were still a good band, but no means out of this world, and more 50 - 60 material.

Don't get me wrong, I like Nirvana quite a bit, I just think there are people who blow their greatness way out of proportion.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 06:09 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote