KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Good Pop Punk

Good Pop Punk
Started by: RedAlertv2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RedAlertv2

Good Pop Punk

Since it is a genre which receives incredible hatred (most, but not all for good reason) Ive decided to start a thread were we can mention some actual good pop punk bands, if only just to prove that they do exist.

Okay, so I think one good pop punk band is the Matches. Got any others? Mention Good Charlotte and you die no expression

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 04:43 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

I don't mind Green Day, blink 182 or Taking Back Sunday.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 04:49 PM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

blink 182 are probably the only pop punk band i like.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 05:24 PM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

You like Blink 182?! I mean, no offense, but you seem like the type of guy who would despise them. But hey, I like them too. They were probably the first band that I really liked, along with Green Day.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 05:30 PM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PINBALL

Me too Green Day (personal Favorite) Blink 182 is also awsome

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 08:25 PM
PINBALL is currently offline Click here to Send PINBALL a Private Message Find more posts by PINBALL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
You like Blink 182?! I mean, no offense, but you seem like the type of guy who would despise them. But hey, I like them too. They were probably the first band that I really liked, along with Green Day.

the only reason why i like them is i pretty much grew up listening to them, so it just kinda stuck with me.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 08:34 PM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

same here

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 08:46 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Same...

I grew up listening to both Blink 182 and Green Day, and I still listen to them today, partly because of the fact that I grew up listening to them. The Matches are pretty awesome, definitely one of the best bands in this category. Zebrahead and American Hi-Fi are alright... nothing special, but fun to listen to. Others will disagree, but I think Fall Out Boy deserves some sort of recognition (especially if you've seen them live before). This is probably the most underrated genre of music, because for every 1 good Pop-Punk band, there are about 10 horrible ones.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 08:58 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nick1811
At Gunpoint

Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Since it is a genre which receives incredible hatred (most, but not all for good reason) Ive decided to start a thread were we can mention some actual good pop punk bands, if only just to prove that they do exist.

Okay, so I think one good pop punk band is the Matches. Got any others? Mention Good Charlotte and you die no expression

i dont think there are any good pop-punk bands....

"Rest in Piece, Brother Dime"- Vinnie Paul

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 09:12 PM
nick1811 is currently offline Click here to Send nick1811 a Private Message Find more posts by nick1811 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

I like Green Day and Blink 182, but mainly there old stuff that gives me memories. Only in small doses too.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 09:26 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

I used to listen to Blink 182, but grew out of them. Green Day is probably the only pop-punk band I like.

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 10:49 PM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

Motion City Soundtrack is pretty good. Sum 41 is good too.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 11:02 PM
Aj333

I would have to say (and yes i know everyone has said this) blink-182
and greenday although greendays new album is much more rock

Cross your heart and hope to die doesn't mean much if you're already dead

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 12:12 AM
Aj333 is currently offline Click here to Send Aj333 a Private Message Find more posts by Aj333 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

Im actually genuinely surprised how many people like/liked Blink 182

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 12:17 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

That's because they were all in-the-closet fans... wink

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 03:01 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sXe
jenr

i HATE calling bands pop punk... i wish there was another word for them bcuz, i thought Pux HATED pop music... confused

I LOVE Blink-182

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 05:55 PM
sXe is currently offline Click here to Send sXe a Private Message Find more posts by sXe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

Dude Ranch is a really good album, brings back old memories

and I really like Green Day, they were my favorite band back in the day, and their new album still get regular listens from me (despite the fact it's being massively overplayed)

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 06:04 PM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lilmisskitten
Erotically Charged

Whoa dude, The Matches !! i love them.....Blink are good.....i can't really tell teh difference between genres, so...meh....

My Stuffs "innit"

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 06:06 PM
lilmisskitten is currently offline Click here to Send lilmisskitten a Private Message Find more posts by lilmisskitten Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

Originally posted by lilmisskitten
i can't really tell teh difference between genres, so...meh....

it's probably for the best if you don't get caught up in it

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 06:07 PM
lilmisskitten
Erotically Charged

Eh ? , I like what i like 'nd thats it really lol....so what do you mean

My Stuffs "innit"

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 06:17 PM
lilmisskitten is currently offline Click here to Send lilmisskitten a Private Message Find more posts by lilmisskitten Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote