KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » iPod question

iPod question
Started by: RuthlessRufus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RuthlessRufus
Restricted

Account Restricted

iPod question

I just got an iPod, I was against them forever because I have another MP3 player that holds just as much, was about 3/4 the price, and shows up as a drive on any computer, making iTunes and all that not an issue. However, it's like 8 times the size of an iPod and I can't go running with it, so I finally caved. My question is, is there any software or whatnot that does this what this* does for for free? Or do you think that the price is worth it for all that? I can't deal with iTunes, I need to subvert it in some way, and it bothers me to no end that I can't trade music with people.

*(I can't post links, the name of the program is PodMaxx)

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 09:31 PM
RuthlessRufus is currently offline Click here to Send RuthlessRufus a Private Message Find more posts by RuthlessRufus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

iTunes is downloadable from the apple website for free, you dont HAVE to buy it

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 09:39 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nick1811
At Gunpoint

yeah, you only have to pay if you buy songs

"Rest in Piece, Brother Dime"- Vinnie Paul

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 09:57 PM
nick1811 is currently offline Click here to Send nick1811 a Private Message Find more posts by nick1811 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RuthlessRufus
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, I mean, I basically want the ipod to act like an external hard drive, cuz the technology allows it, but itunes doesn't. I guess I should just buy Podmaxx, it's only $20.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 11:32 PM
RuthlessRufus is currently offline Click here to Send RuthlessRufus a Private Message Find more posts by RuthlessRufus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

Oh, you mean like a drag and drop feature?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 11:50 PM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RuthlessRufus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, and also for the stupid database to look like any other database. And to be able to move music from my ipod to my PC, and to look at all my e-mails an calendar on outlook on my ipod.... I guess what I wanted is for Podmaxx to be free, because it does exactly what I need. I bought it after much hair-pulling over $$, but it does actually work and is easy to use, so I am not complaining.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 07:27 PM