KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Rammstein

Rammstein
Started by: mattador

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NightWriter
Seeker of Inspiration

Rammstein

These guys are good. If you dont already know, they are a German metal band. Lots of good songs. My personal fav is Du Hast.

Anyone else like them?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 06:17 PM
NightWriter is currently offline Click here to Send NightWriter a Private Message Find more posts by NightWriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I've heard 2 of their songs, and in my opinion, they're not very good. I mean, from the 2 I've heard, the guitar quality is average at best and for the most part, the lead singer repeats the same lyrics numerous times throughout the intro, middle and end. Too repetitive for me. They could have better songs though, but I just haven't heard them.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 07:02 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NightWriter
Seeker of Inspiration

Yes, a little repititive but hey, they're German, lol j/k.

Go here to listen to most of their other songs and tell me what you think big grin

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 07:22 PM
NightWriter is currently offline Click here to Send NightWriter a Private Message Find more posts by NightWriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I've heard 2 of their songs, and in my opinion, they're not very good. I mean, from the 2 I've heard, the guitar quality is average at best and for the most part, the lead singer repeats the same lyrics numerous times throughout the intro, middle and end. Too repetitive for me. They could have better songs though, but I just haven't heard them.

I suggest hearing more than two songs. They're excellent.

He doesn't repeat the lyrics does he? No. Let's be realistic. Unless you mean chorus, in which case yes he does. That's why it's a chorus.

What do you mean the guitar work is average? Whether it's difficult or not, it sounds really good.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 07:46 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

they have some crazy videos, and some really great songs.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 08:08 PM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

He doesn't repeat the lyrics does he? No. Let's be realistic. Unless you mean chorus, in which case yes he does. That's why it's a chorus.

What do you mean the guitar work is average? Whether it's difficult or not, it sounds really good.

-AC

Of the two songs, one is probably "Du Hast". Go figure.

Download tracks off of "Mutter". It's more experimental than their older stuff. IMO, their best album is "Herzeleid", or "Heartache" in English.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 08:26 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

I'll go check out more songs then and tell you what I think. Keep in mind I only had 2 songs to go by, and so my opinion wasn't completely valid. For lyrical repeating, I was referring to the song "Ich Will." (Which is one of the 2 songs I've heard from them. And I wasn't talking about the chorus).

Yeah I meant the guitar work. It didn't sound too complicated, but I'll look more into it.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 08:33 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

This band is one of the top bands that I have yet to see live. My favorite song is probably Freuer Frei but I have like 30 of their songs and most are very very good.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 11:07 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm looking forwards to getting the new album, I enjoy Rammsteins' music a lot.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 11:10 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiral Goddess
Eternal Omega Red

I've heard a few of their songs.
My favorite one is Engel ( I heard both English and German versions ! )

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 12:58 AM
Spiral Goddess is currently offline Click here to Send Spiral Goddess a Private Message Find more posts by Spiral Goddess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

I've only heard Amerika but I like that.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 05:56 AM
Imaginary is currently offline Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

I'll go check out more songs then and tell you what I think. Keep in mind I only had 2 songs to go by, and so my opinion wasn't completely valid. For lyrical repeating, I was referring to the song "Ich Will." (Which is one of the 2 songs I've heard from them. And I wasn't talking about the chorus).

Yeah I meant the guitar work. It didn't sound too complicated, but I'll look more into it.

Guitar doesn't have to be complicated to sound good.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 06:14 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Was that really necessary? Did you HAVE to repeat what AC already said? I understood it the first time.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 07:31 AM
Noxi
Aqualibrium

Rammstein is awesome I can't wait to get their new album
Fav song: Sonne
Fav video: Mein Teil

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 11:02 AM
Noxi is currently offline Click here to Send Noxi a Private Message Find more posts by Noxi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by Spiral Goddess
I've heard a few of their songs.
My favorite one is Engel ( I heard both English and German versions ! )

I think the English versions suck. His voice only sounds cool in German.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 11:08 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

Sehnsucht...

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 11:21 AM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Noxi
Aqualibrium

Originally posted by Myth
I think the English versions suck. His voice only sounds cool in German.

Agreed

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 11:25 AM
Noxi is currently offline Click here to Send Noxi a Private Message Find more posts by Noxi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aini
fallen

I hate it when till tries to sing english... it just sounds stupid

sane

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 12:17 PM
Aini is currently offline Click here to Send Aini a Private Message Find more posts by Aini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bierbommetje

Yep, Rammstein rule. Anyone got their new album? I've only heard Benzin, which sounds pretty good.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 01:32 PM
Bierbommetje is currently offline Click here to Send Bierbommetje a Private Message Find more posts by Bierbommetje Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Was that really necessary? Did you HAVE to repeat what AC already said? I understood it the first time.

Well, you still posted "doesn't sound too complicated" AFTER he made the comment about difficult guitar parts. Which implied that you either hadn't read or didn't understand what he said...

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 05:30 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote