KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » TEST ICICLES - You like?

TEST ICICLES - You like?
Started by: exanda kane

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
exanda kane

Smile TEST ICICLES - You like?

TEST ICICLES

I'm wondering who likes Test Icicles. They are rather nifty. Bloc Party gone evil I say.

"<3Mon.The.Testes<3"

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 10:12 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

They're just another band being championed by the NME for no reason but if you don't like them, then of course you're stupid. Because NME like them, and NME are smart fellows.

Haha. Hahahaha.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 10:24 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Never heard them...but I think their name is hilarious.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 10:30 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
They're just another band being championed by the NME for no reason but if you don't like them, then of course you're stupid. Because NME like them, and NME are smart fellows.

Haha. Hahahaha.

-AC

in other words another band that AC dislikes simply because a magazine does like them...hence he doesn't actually comment on the music...just the fact that NME like them

then of course when NME likes a band that he likes then they are just being sheep and jumping on the bandwagon or makes it seem like its unfortunate for the band that NME like them

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 10:32 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden101
in other words another band that AC dislikes simply because a magazine does like them...hence he doesn't actually comment on the music...just the fact that NME like them

Yes, 100% accurate. Though I do wanna be sure. So I shall inspect this comment further.

*Inspects comment*

Oh wait, complete presumptuous BS. I heard them way before NME featured them and I even knew then that the NME would be up their arses before long. The music they generally like, I don't like. Not because they like it, but because they like mostly shit music. Franz, anything involving Pete Doherty, Test Icicles, The Bravery, Coldplay, any band that's the band to like. Kerrang feature shit bands, but that is purely for variety. They slag off most of them in actual reviews. Where as NME are genuinely of the opinion that The Libertines are not shit. Don't assume, it doesn't do well.

then of course when NME likes a band that he likes then they are just being sheep and jumping on the bandwagon or makes it seem like its unfortunate for the band that NME like them

It is, because NME are 6th form sarcasm mugs who speak shit about bands to be "cool" and then wanna love the band when they get big. Radiohead, The Darkness, Muse.

We all know what happened when the editor of NME invited The Darkness to be interviewed on the condition they act like they're some joke. Then when everyone who had a worthwhile opinion realised that they were actually a great band, NME's editor himself was more or less offering oral service to get them back in the magazine.

Radiohead? "They'll never get out of Creep's shadow." By OK Computer they were fornicating with the CD.

The Dillinger Escape Plan? NME tried coming out of their shell and reviewing Miss Machine. I quote "We don't really get what they're doing, but we think they're the best band on Earth. Quite simply." Coincidentally at the peak of their popularity.

Lest we forget the Queens of the Stone Age debacle. "We were the first to feature them."

Ashley, Kerrang editor: "You didn't know they existed till their second album."

NME: "Yeah...well you're all stupid because you don't 'get' Maximo Park."

NME are the only magazine in the UK that call Pete Doherty anything other than a talentless waste of life.

They mean nothing. But we've done this before and I proved page after page that the NME are fashion-fellating mugs. I'll bump the thread save doing it again, if you'd like. It's up to you. Because last time you posted many things (a lot of them misquoted and false) that I refuted.

Not trying to kick off a war (not that it'd be one), just telling you not to assume things champ.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Nov 25th, 2005 at 12:35 AM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 12:29 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

not to assume things eh?

yet according to you NME are "the only magazine in the UK that call Pete Doherty anything other than a talentless waste of life."

bit of a presumtion there i believe

yeah your right it wouldn't be a war cause i've schooled you like a ***** in so many debates already on this forum that we all know nothing would be different this time round and given that your using all the same arguments that i blew to pieces the last time...well...we could go through it all again but that would be a bit pointless

and once again you obviously completely missed my point

why didn't you just say that the band make music that you think is shit and leave it at that

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 01:05 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

not to assume things eh?

yet according to you NME are "the only magazine in the UK that call Pete Doherty anything other than a talentless waste of life."

bit of a presumtion there i believe

The NME like him and his music, this would be my point.

yeah your right it wouldn't be a war cause i've schooled you like a ***** in so many debates already on this forum that we all know nothing would be different this time round and given that your using all the same arguments that i blew to pieces the last time...well...we could go through it all again but that would be a bit pointless

I'm going to go bump The Strokes thread then. The thread where you so poorly quoted, misquoted and talked bullcrap till the end where you slyly tried to slide out of the thread after being red-handedly shown up. Saying the exact opposite of me doesn't make it right. I smashed every minute point you had to the point that you snapped at me for having a "bad night at work". Tsk.

and once again you obviously completely missed my point

why didn't you just say that the band make music that you think is shit and leave it at that

Why didn't you just say what you just said instead of trying to save face by claiming the complete opposite (and false) of what I said?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 01:46 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Why didn't you just say what you just said instead of trying to save face by claiming the complete opposite (and false) of what I said?

saving face?...from what exactly?...given that it was the first post i made in the thread

quote:
The NME like him and his music, this would be my point.

so why the need for the completely unprovable and most likely completely inaccurate comment?

quote:
I'm going to go bump The Strokes thread then.

whatever floats your boat AC...although you do tend to see things in a different light than anyone else on the forum

although i have to say that taking an out of context quote from me and trying to put it across like it was part of the discussion as the little joke we were having...thats pretty low...even for you

or am i just the "dark poet" again tonight?

and that would also be the debate when you tried to say that kerrang online wasn't connected to kerrang magazine in an attempt to justify the crap bands they were giving awards to...despite the fact that the very next issue of kerrang magazine had exactly the same award nominations...

anyway...its all old news

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 02:47 AM
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

theres a band from New Zealand called The Test Eagles, they've been around for ages, really cool, good stuff. never heard of test icicles though

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 10:20 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

so why the need for the completely unprovable and most likely completely inaccurate comment?

It wasn't because it contained my point that was true.

whatever floats your boat AC...although you do tend to see things in a different light than anyone else on the forum

although i have to say that taking an out of context quote from me and trying to put it across like it was part of the discussion as the little joke we were having...thats pretty low...even for you

or am i just the "dark poet" again tonight?

I'm not taking it out of context though. You took my MAIN post out of context here, if you didn't we wouldn't be here would we?.

and that would also be the debate when you tried to say that kerrang online wasn't connected to kerrang magazine in an attempt to justify the crap bands they were giving awards to...despite the fact that the very next issue of kerrang magazine had exactly the same award nominations...

Clinging to this singular point again? It's a vehicle for the message board with the same name, nothing more. It's like a bulletin board. It's not run or own by the writers of Kerrang, just like the TV station. They share a name, they're not affiliated to one another. The awards were 100% fan voted and mean more or less nothing. No writers had any say on that, fact. The NME awards are split among fan and writer. The Libertines won best British band. Nothing you say is gonna be a realistic defence of the NME, at all. You cling to that one point that I have already refuted it.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 10:32 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

I wonder if 'Test Icicles' realise that if you put the two words that form their name together you get a pair of bollocks?

They suck, so suck on mine.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 12:47 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

well ignoring you 2 going at it...

i actually think NME have picked up something semi-decent for once, and ****ed if i care who agrees lol

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 02:06 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

I'm not taking it out of context though. You took my MAIN post out of context here, if you didn't we wouldn't be here would we?.

Clinging to this singular point again? It's a vehicle for the message board with the same name, nothing more. It's like a bulletin board. It's not run or own by the writers of Kerrang, just like the TV station. They share a name, they're not affiliated to one another. The awards were 100% fan voted and mean more or less nothing. No writers had any say on that, fact. The NME awards are split among fan and writer. The Libertines won best British band. Nothing you say is gonna be a realistic defence of the NME, at all. You cling to that one point that I have already refuted it.

-AC

of course AC if you bothered to check our previous debate then you would see that i never tried to defend NME...only disprove your claim that kerrang is somehow a bastion of journalistic integrity rather than the corporate sales driven bandwagon jumping rag that it actually is.

which is apparent from both my points...and oddly enough yours as well

as for your point that was supposedly true...please prove that EVERY magazine (i'll make it easy and keep it restricted to the UK) doesn't like the libertines

once you've done that then perhaps we can take your bizzare opinion a bit more seriously

now off you pop sonny...you've got worked to do

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 03:29 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

of course AC if you bothered to check our previous debate then you would see that i never tried to defend NME...only disprove your claim that kerrang is somehow a bastion of journalistic integrity rather than the corporate sales driven bandwagon jumping rag that it actually is.

It's not though is it? You're trying to use my point against me which doesn't work too well considering mine is true, backed up by fact, and yours is false, backed up by assumption.

Kerrang don't "bandwagon jump". NME are the magazine that do that the most and I have gave multiple examples as to who with and why they've done it. Kerrang know and support bands before most people even heard of them. NME have just had a few exclusives. The bands were already known when NME got their exclusives. Not to mention the fact that they lie in their publication. As I feel I'm just beating a dead horse because I've proven beyond doubt that I am right and you are just presumptuous and wrong here, I'll say it again:

Kerrang have genuinely good writers. They have shit writers too. They also feature some shit bands. In Kerrang, this is solely for sales variety only. They openly slag off bands unless it's the odd writer who likes them. NME actually cited Franz, The Liberties, The Kaiser Chiefs and Babyshambles as the cream of Britain's crop. End of story. No magazine is free of influence but Kerrang still have very good, honest writers. NME don't. I've proven many instances. You have failed to accept that you connected the name with the wrong mediums and made the leap while missing the big X on the floor.

as for your point that was supposedly true...please prove that EVERY magazine (i'll make it easy and keep it restricted to the UK) doesn't like the libertines

once you've done that then perhaps we can take your bizzare opinion a bit more seriously

now off you pop sonny...you've got worked to do

Funny how you take my claim, which was quite clearly an exaggeration (as I will openly and honestly admit. Obviously not every UK magazine hates The Libertines), so seriously and literally when we both quite clearly knew what I meant. I sense that you've come back with "Ahh, weaseling out" despite me openly admitting that it was an exaggeration.

Further more, they are the only magazine out of all the major music magazines (NME, Kerrang, Q, Rock Sound, Total Rock etc) who CHAMPION The Libertines. Q have a few writers who like them, but NME are the only major magazine left that still cite them, Coldplay and Franz Ferdinand (who aren't even rock) as the greatest British bands.

It also amuses me how you've come from getting obliterated to the point of insulting and slyly leaving the debate in The Strokes thread, and having the gaul to ask me to prove things to you. Especially when you knew what I meant.

Though if you wanna use that one bit of ammo against me, please do. It doesn't erase from the fact that if it comes down to the Kerrang Vs NME, I know I have and am, smashed/smashing you. It will always be that way because I have relied on fact to compare and contrast the two.

You've relied upon assumption.

Pop off with you sonny, you're aht.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Nov 25th, 2005 at 03:48 PM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 03:46 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
It's not though is it? You're trying to use my point against me which doesn't work too well considering mine is true, backed up by fact, and yours is false, backed up by assumption.

except of course that you didn't prove anything did you...you made a totally unprovable statement with nothing to back it up and you invariably do

as for kerrang not jumping on the band wagon...disproved in the strokes thread with the muse issue wasn't it?...yes

quote:
You have failed to accept that you connected the name with the wrong mediums and made the leap while missing the big X on the floor.

except of course that the very next printed issue of kerrang proved my point to be fact...didn't it?...yes (feel free to conveniently skip over this cold hard fact once more)

still...as your granny no doubt told you...if at first you dont suceed...try ,try and try again

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 03:59 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

except of course that you didn't prove anything did you...you made a totally unprovable statement with nothing to back it up and you invariably do

as for kerrang not jumping on the band wagon...disproved in the strokes thread with the muse issue wasn't it?...yes

Yes infact it was, go read it. Or shall I quote it here? You missed my reply it seems. Because you DODGED topic to bring that up and I still smashed your point. The biggest year in Muse's career, 2004, is when they got the LEAST coverage by Kerrang. Coincidentally NME were up their arses. Try keeping up.

You said:

"kerrang...we'll go back to your hypocritical point

4. Muse - Absolution

the same kerrang who refered to them as "boring and uninventive"

I said:

"That was in 03 when the album was released, not in 04 when they smashed America.

Muse, by a large percentage, are and have always been supported by Kerrang. That was one reviewer.

NME had a general agreement of being anti-Radiohead, of course until it suited them"

To which you dodged and tried:

"support them when they're big...i like it"

Only to be smashed with:

"They didn't though did they, infact, they hardly gave them any coverage during 04."

To which you continually replied with camp, NME style humour to cover the fact that you had been royally obliter-smashed. Ultimately ending with a sly insult.

Secondly, I proved everything I claimed except that Libertines thing which I have admitted (sorry for assuming you were non-literal enough to get it) was an exaggeration. My original point being that they hail the band as a great band. This hasn't changed.

except of course that the very next printed issue of kerrang proved my point to be fact...didn't it?...yes (feel free to conveniently skip over this cold hard fact once more)

still...as your granny no doubt told you...if at first you dont suceed...try ,try and try again

What point? That Kerrang feature shit bands? I never denied this. They're actually just coming out of a shit period of having lame bands on the cover because as we discussed, ALL magazines DO have that to some degree. The difference is that when everything is in full swing, Kerrang have honesty and good writers who love great bands and diss shit bands. NME champion shit bands, bandwagon whoever is the popular band, lie openly, then have the gaul to diss bands and beg them to come back when they're popular again.

You've clung to the same point, the same irrelevant and unprovable point, this whole time. I'm tired of stepping on it and on you, really.

You claim you're not defending the NME and that only trying to prove Kerrang aren't immune to influence. I never said they were, I'm trying to say that I've read my fair share of both, so I have the more relevant view on this than you do. Which MIGHT be connected to how I can compare both factually and all you can do is say "What about this then?" and go off topic.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Nov 25th, 2005 at 04:11 PM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 04:06 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Secondly, I proved everything I claimed except that Libertines thing which I have admitted (sorry for assuming you were non-literal enough to get it) was an exaggeration. My original point being that they hail the band as a great band. This hasn't changed.

i've no problem with you making exagerations AC...just with your own insistance that its somehow a fact when its not....as you do with just about every other point you make

i also love that when i prove that the magazine is responsible for the same tripe nominations as the website...you immediately blame in on the readers...love it

so what we actually discovered was that kerrang feature bands to get sales...apparently rip the shit out them in articles...then give them all the awards....niiiccceee

can we go back the muse thing again...absolution being their what?...8th release...kerrang...always on the cutting edge

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 04:20 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

i've no problem with you making exagerations AC...just with your own insistance that its somehow a fact when its not....as you do with just about every other point you make

I know that an exaggeration isn't a fact, what is your point?

i also love that when i prove that the magazine is responsible for the same tripe nominations as the website...you immediately blame in on the readers...love it

It's factually a complete fan voted awards ceremony though. It is, by fact. Hence why they have the voting slips in the actual magazine and state that all awards are voted for by the fans.

so what we actually discovered was that kerrang feature bands to get sales...apparently rip the shit out them in articles...then give them all the awards....niiiccceee

No, stop being stupid. We discovered that you choose to continually believe that Kerrang give them the awards. They present them, yes. They don't vote. It's fan voted. This, whether you like it or not, is a stone cold fact.

Every magazine does have to feature lots of bands, even shit ones. It's part of journalism. They aren't obligated to like them, just feature them. They'd never feature Coldplay, Franz or shit like that. Not saying that their shit is any better, but at least they don't feel obligated to like them as a collective set of writers, as the NME do. Which is also a fact.

can we go back the muse thing again...absolution being their what?...8th release...kerrang...always on the cutting edge

3rd full length album. Jaden...always on the cutting edge. Yeah, if the cudding edge is a round ball that you keep falling off.

Kerrang had been supporting them since they were playing the 100 Club off the back of the Showbiz tour in 99. They had writers there reviewing the gig. Might wanna brush up on your music knowledge. NME also knocked them as a wannabe Radiohead at this time by the way...

It's so funny. You keep raising new points and I just keep smashing them. Why? Because you just have no clue what you are talking about.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Nov 25th, 2005 at 04:30 PM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 04:28 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

quote:
I know that an exaggeration isn't a fact, what is your point?

look at that...it took you less than a page to contradict yourself...amazing

please explain where the integrity is when you feature shit bands purely for corporate gain...cause thats effectively what you are saying kerrang does...and you'd be right

quote:
Kerrang had been supporting them since they were playing the 100 Club off the back of the Showbiz tour in 99. They had writers there reviewing the gig. Might wanna brush up on your music knowledge. NME also knocked them as a wannabe Radiohead at this time by the way...

proof for any of that...i posted enough links to blow your holier than though kerrang belief clean out the water...

perhaps its time for you to do the same

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 04:46 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

look at that...it took you less than a page to contradict yourself...amazing

My point within the exaggeration was how the NME rating of The Libertines was ridiculous. It is true.

You've misunderstood my point purposefully. Sad.

please explain where the integrity is when you feature shit bands purely for corporate gain...cause thats effectively what you are saying kerrang does...and you'd be right

They don't do it solely for corporate gain. A few of Kerrang's reviewers like some of these bands. They do have shit contributors who aren't part of the core writing team. You'd know that if you read Kerrang, which you do not. Therefore you have no relevent say.

proof for any of that...i posted enough links to blow your holier than though kerrang belief clean out the water...

perhaps its time for you to do the same

Pick up the Kerrang issue (or look it up online, I don't know where there are any online transcripts) of the best gigs ever, it's actually called "Top 100 gigs ever". Muse at the 100 club is there. From 1999. Look at the NME review of said album also. You can do this on NME.Com.

If you can find me a site that has magazine transcripts, I'll look for the quotes.

You're once again swerving off topic. You've not provided any links. The links you posted in The Strokes thread were misquoted and lied about, so I went to the same site and exposed you. You're NOW claiming that Kerrang jumped on the Muse bandwagon because I went and quoted our Muse conversation. I've since disproved this too. So how much more BS are you pull out. Because I am continually referring to things that exist while you go from fake assumption to wrongful information in the blink of an eye.

There are only so many topics you can change to.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Nov 25th, 2005 at 04:56 PM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 04:52 PM