KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » 90's -N- 00's BEST ROCK BAND + ITS BEST ALBUM

90's -N- 00's BEST ROCK BAND + ITS BEST ALBUM
Started by: kaztiyo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kaztiyo

90's -N- 00's BEST ROCK BAND + ITS BEST ALBUM

this is the list of my favorite bands and its best album

System of a Down -Mezmerize
Audioslave -Audioslave
KoЯn -Issues, Follow the Leader
Molotov -Donde Jugaran las niņas
Nirvana -NIRVANA

Attachment: osama.jpg
This has been downloaded 84 time(s).

Last edited by kaztiyo on Dec 13th, 2005 at 07:04 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 07:02 PM
kaztiyo is currently offline Click here to Send kaztiyo a Private Message Find more posts by kaztiyo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

90's?

Fu Manchu - The Action Is Go

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 07:34 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Lostprophets - Fake Sound Of Progress

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 07:37 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do you mean spanning both eras or one from each?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 07:49 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Nirvana- Nirvana?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 08:38 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

90's: King for a Day, Fool for a Lifetime by Faith No More.

00's: Lateralus by Tool.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 08:53 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

90's

Opeth - Orchid
Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie
Tool - Aenima
Radiohead - OK Computer
NIN - The Downward Spiral

00's

Dredg - El Cielo
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
Tool - Lateralus
A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step
Eels - Blinking Lights
Dandy Warhols - Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 09:07 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Guns N' Roses would have put everyone here to shame, had they known how to keep a band together. They were on the fast track to being one of the all-time greats.

As it stands, its best album is probably Nirvana "".

It's best band is a good question though.

I don't have an answer yet. blink Green Day maybe? huh

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 09:15 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Actually, come to think of it, I stand corrected as GNR made its entrance onto the rock scene in the late 80's.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 09:33 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grim Reefer
7 leaves is all you need

Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 11:35 PM
Grim Reefer is currently offline Click here to Send Grim Reefer a Private Message Find more posts by Grim Reefer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BobbyD
Guns N' Roses would have put everyone here to shame, had they known how to keep a band together. They were on the fast track to being one of the all-time greats.

As it stands, its best album is probably Nirvana "".

It's best band is a good question though.

I don't have an answer yet. blink Green Day maybe? huh

Guns 'N' Roses are so overrated. Saying they put every band here to shame is a stupid claim. As if they're better than Faith No More, Opeth, Tool or Radiohead.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 11:54 PM
cool_dudes_rule

90's

dookie-green day
free all angles-ash
meltdown-ash
Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie

00's

interglactic sonic 7's-ash
curtain call-eminem
echo park-feeder
greatest hits-blink 182
three cheers for sweet revenge-my chemical romance
punk rock for girls-ictus

and i can just go on and on.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 12:11 PM
cool_dudes_rule is currently offline Click here to Send cool_dudes_rule a Private Message Find more posts by cool_dudes_rule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

AC, proving you have the opportunity to stick your 2 angry cents all the time where and when not necessary, makes you....I don't know what. But, I do enjoy making you, make yourself look like an ass. It takes virtually little effort, yet apparently it's so hard for you to control the opportunity to let your big mouth say stuff you shouldn't. I've tried to discuss calmy with you, and get into debates on certain topics, and all you do is bash other people, myself included, when some things don't even need to be said. Most people wouldn't even care to write a response, AC.

Yes, I know you like to debate...seem quite intelligent, can back up some of your arguments with facts, speak passionately, and use good grammar, about the stuff you like. But, what about other people's passion for stuff they like?

Furthermore, as you can see, by a second reply of mine that followed immediately thereafter, where I state it's basically a frivolous point because GNR entered in the 80s, thus makes my opinion a moot point.

You're a blowhard, plain n' simple....meaning you either like to hear yourself talk or you like to be heard.....that job my friend is called a politician. When you get there, I'll have some respect for you again.

Do yourself a favor, take that little chip on your shoulder and set it on the ground sometimes. You'll go further in life.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 01:59 PM
VoodooChile89

Good 4 you Bobby D!

AC, dude you just contradicted yourself... "saying GNR puts every band to shame is a stupid claim..." (which is ALREADY opinion based as it is) then you say "As if they're better than Faith No More, Opeth, Tool or Radiohead"... and the answer IS... YES they were better than all of those bands. Guns 'N' Roses are legends, which is WAY more than I can say for the bands you mentioned, so you don't like them, big deal! GAURANTEED more people on the earth like GNR better than all of those bands combined... this arguement, you have lost... because NOW you have no facts to lean back on.

... as for best album of the '90's... Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
... and best of the '00's... City Of Evil - Avenged Sevenfold (JUST TO MAKE YOU HAPPY AC!)

Last edited by VoodooChile89 on Dec 14th, 2005 at 02:28 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 02:16 PM
VoodooChile89 is currently offline Click here to Send VoodooChile89 a Private Message Find more posts by VoodooChile89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Nobody has any facts to lean on when it comes to 'best' band, unless the criteria is technical competence, or sales.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 02:37 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Originally posted by VoodooChile89
Good 4 you Bobby D!

AC, dude you just contradicted yourself... "saying GNR puts every band to shame is a stupid claim..." (which is ALREADY opinion based as it is) then you say "As if they're better than Faith No More, Opeth, Tool or Radiohead"... and the answer IS... YES they were better than all of those bands. Guns 'N' Roses are legends, which is WAY more than I can say for the bands you mentioned, so you don't like them, big deal! GAURANTEED more people on the earth like GNR better than all of those bands combined... this arguement, you have lost... because NOW you have no facts to lean back on.

All other arguments aside here, seriously I doubt GNR are even as popular as Radiohead on their own. Since I moved to England, I've been hard pushed to find a single household that doesn't own either The Bends or OK Computer (and the latter is often voted greatest album of all time, I've never even seen GNR involved in that type of poll before)whilst the popular opinion on GNR is pretty similar to what it was where I used to live, ''they were great..when I was about 12''.

Taking that into consideration, can you tell me, just so I know, what exactly do you think gives GNR the right to be called ''legends''? Maybe if Mike Patton wore a top-hat more often...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 04:35 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

AC, proving you have the opportunity to stick your 2 angry cents all the time where and when not necessary, makes you....I don't know what. But, I do enjoy making you, make yourself look like an ass. It takes virtually little effort, yet apparently it's so hard for you to control the opportunity to let your big mouth say stuff you shouldn't. I've tried to discuss calmy with you, and get into debates on certain topics, and all you do is bash other people, myself included, when some things don't even need to be said. Most people wouldn't even care to write a response, AC.

Well go on then. You already "opened" your "mouth" when you tried expressing joy at thinking you caught me at a contradiction before. We since discovered that you obviously got too ahead of yourself. So let's go on.

Yes, I know you like to debate...seem quite intelligent, can back up some of your arguments with facts, speak passionately, and use good grammar, about the stuff you like. But, what about other people's passion for stuff they like?

What about it? You're allowed your opinion, I'm allowed an opinion on your opinion. This is a fact and if you don't like it I suggest you leave the forums.

Furthermore, as you can see, by a second reply of mine that followed immediately thereafter, where I state it's basically a frivolous point because GNR entered in the 80s, thus makes my opinion a moot point.

Yes, I'm aware. Timeframe was not important to my comment though.

You're a blowhard, plain n' simple....meaning you either like to hear yourself talk or you like to be heard.....that job my friend is called a politician. When you get there, I'll have some respect for you again.

Do yourself a favor, take that little chip on your shoulder and set it on the ground sometimes. You'll go further in life.

Oh damn, because there was me really hoping for your respect and everything. Instead of commenting with that useless BS, next time reply to my post or not at all. Good.

Originally posted by VoodooChile69

Where did I state that it being a stupid claim was anything other than my opinion? Did I say it was a fact that it was stupid? No I didn't. Did I say that the bands I mentioned are factually, provably better? No I didn't do that either. So then to really be ironic, you contradict yourself by then saying "and the answer IS...YES they were better than all those bands." I do love the irony there.

Guns 'N' Roses can be legends all day long. U2 are legends, so what? Doesn't mean they're better bands. More people like Britney Spears than Fantomas, doesn't mean she's better. Your facts work against you here.

Pshaw. Off with thee.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 05:07 PM
Afro Cheese

Saying any band is going to put everyone else's choices to shame is just bound to start an argument. Basically you got what was coming to you.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 05:11 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Perhaps I did, Afrocheese. And my mistake....however, this is not a one-time thing with, AC, so please understand the picture fully before you interject. Furthermore, if you had noticed as well that I had written to disclaim GNR because I had memory flashback, you'd have withheld your statement also.

Nothing but love for ya', AC. I wish you well on the road of life.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 05:29 PM
Afro Cheese

Perhaps I did, Afrocheese. And my mistake....however, this is not a one-time thing with, AC, so please understand the picture fully before you interject. Furthermore, if you had noticed as well that I had written to disclaim GNR because I had memory flashback, you'd have withheld your statement also.
I'm not trying to put my nose where it doesn't belong.. your comment doens't bother me at all though I don't agree with it.. I'm just letting you know that when you say stuff like that on here you might as well expect an argument. KMC posters tend to take music a bit serious.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 05:50 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote