KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Angels and Airwaves

Angels and Airwaves
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Angels and Airwaves

AS many of you know, Blink 182 split up a while ago and most likely won't be back together. I also realize that there are many of you that don't like Blink. Anyway, that's not what this thread is for. Tom Delonge recently formed a new band called Angels and Airwaves and they plan to have their album out by April of next year. I for one, am looking forward to this very much.

Check them out on these sites:

http://www.angelsandairwaves.com/Default_main.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angels_and_Airwaves

Here are the band members:

Tom DeLonge- guitar/vocals (member of blink-182, former member of Big Oily Men, Box Car Racer)

David Kennedy - guitar (former member of Box Car Racer, Built To Last, Over My Dead Body and Hazen Street)

Atom Willard - drums (member of The Offspring and The Special Goodness, former member of Rocket From The Crypt, American Hi-Fi, Melissa Auf Der Maur, Moth and Alkaline Trio)

Ryan Sinn - bass (former member of The Distillers)

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 02:27 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

Have to say Im intrigued. Delonge says its the best album in 20 years, so Ill definitely check it out.

On a side note, Im actually enjoying the fact that Blink broke up. The competition is leading to 2 new bands that both seem to have lots of potential

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 05:29 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Yeah, I know what you mean. Currently, I'm more looking forward to this band than I am Plus 44, but we'll see how things go...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 10:00 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

Best album in 20 years?
You mean that Tom Delonge has had anything to do with, or in general?

In general would be slightly bigheaded, methinks.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 10:05 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kumar

well i watched the trailers and i expect great things. all the members come from a pretty succesful and talented musical background. i was especially suprised at Atom Willards past projects. anyway, i look forward to the release fo their first album.

I will live Forever

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 10:13 PM
Kumar is currently offline Click here to Send Kumar a Private Message Find more posts by Kumar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

BUMP

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 09:06 PM
RedAlertv2

thought this would get more hype...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2005 01:26 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Yeah me too. Oh well; I'm still excited about it. Can't wait until they release a song.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2005 07:56 AM
Hazardous

I *cough*downloaded*cough* a couple to see what they were like, unfortunately they were only demo type songs, so the quality was poor, it sounded like a bad live show. Im gonna have to wait for some proper songs before I can judge, but given how good Blink, Boxcar Racer and P44 are, Im looking forward to it.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2005 10:46 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fuct_up_kid
Trash Flavoured Trash

At the moment, I can't imagine they'd be extremely different to Blink. +44 just seem like a whiny version, but you never know...

I hate to break this to you, but being a coward is not a legitimate career

Old Post Dec 21st, 2005 12:13 PM
fuct_up_kid is currently offline Click here to Send fuct_up_kid a Private Message Find more posts by fuct_up_kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

Re: Angels and Airwaves

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
AS many of you know, Blink 182 split up a while ago and most likely won't be back together. I also realize that there are many of you that don't like Blink. Anyway, that's not what this thread is for. Tom Delonge recently formed a new band called Angels and Airwaves and they plan to have their album out by April of next year. I for one, am looking forward to this very much.

Check them out on these sites:

http://www.angelsandairwaves.com/Default_main.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angels_and_Airwaves

Here are the band members:

Tom DeLonge- guitar/vocals (member of blink-182, former member of Big Oily Men, Box Car Racer)

David Kennedy - guitar (former member of Box Car Racer, Built To Last, Over My Dead Body and Hazen Street)

Atom Willard - drums (member of The Offspring and The Special Goodness, former member of Rocket From The Crypt, American Hi-Fi, Melissa Auf Der Maur, Moth and Alkaline Trio)

Ryan Sinn - bass (former member of The Distillers)

he was formerly in mellissa auf der maur? lucky bastard, i'd like to be in her.

but the band were just auf der maur wink

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Dec 21st, 2005 02:41 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

New article; a must read for anyone who's interested. It details all the songs that are gonna be on the album. Very interesting:

http://angelsandairwaves.com/article.html

Last edited by SnakeEyes on Jan 18th, 2006 at 04:14 AM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 04:12 AM
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

This is starting to really get interesting, no joke! stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 11:15 AM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flying High
Fly my Pretties Fly!!

i havent heard any of their stuff though,...but looking forward to...

People keep disappearing and reappearing lol

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 05:29 PM
Flying High is currently offline Click here to Send Flying High a Private Message Find more posts by Flying High Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flying High
i havent heard any of their stuff though,...but looking forward to...

That's because they haven't released anything yet... wink

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 10:51 PM
Kumar

i read the stuff about the songs and that is pretty cool. you don't usually see articles with the musicians motivations for EVERY song. it was really cool and insightful to see what each song was really about. i am really looking forward to the release of that album.

i was kinda disapointed that there were only like eight though >_>

I will live Forever

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 05:37 AM
Kumar is currently offline Click here to Send Kumar a Private Message Find more posts by Kumar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Did they have a release date yet?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 10:56 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I believe it's April, could be wrong, though.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 11:58 PM
RedAlertv2

Theyve released one song so far, called the Adventure Final. Its a great song, I really liked it.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 12:19 AM
StinkFist462
Your Mom

reminded me a lot of the cure. the guitar work.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 04:35 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote