KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » One for all the guitarists

One for all the guitarists
Started by: eggmayo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eggmayo

Warning One for all the guitarists

Has anyone noticed that a lot of guitar tab sites have removed their tabs?

Taborama.com - "Tabs and lyrics for signed bands have been removed while we investigate possible copyright infringement. Please refer to the forum topic HERE to learn more and voice your opinion on the matter."

"The music industry is to extend its copyright war by taking legal action against websites offering unlicensed song scores and lyrics.

The Music Publishers' Association (MPA), which represents US sheet music companies, will launch its first campaign against such sites in 2006.

MPA president Lauren Keiser said he wanted site owners to be jailed.

He said unlicensed guitar tabs and song scores were widely available on the Internet but were "completely illegal".

Mr Keiser said he did not just want to shut websites and impose fines, saying if authorities can "throw in some jail time I think we'll be a little more effective"."

Taborama Forum link

BBC News Report on this

Anyone now think all music in the future will be either purchased at extortionate record company prices, or entirely illegal?
Gig's might be illegal as the bands are breaking their OWN copyright..

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 09:30 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

This is preposterous! Man... I'm pissed...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 09:32 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

The entire industry is run by a bunch of greedy old farts who peddle drugs to their own artists in order to keep them subserviant and knowing that a dead artist is more profitable than a live one.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 09:39 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

That's ridiculous. Next they're going to ban music entirely because if we were able to listen to it, we might be able to figure out how to play it. no expression

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 09:48 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

I think lyrics sites are gonna be next to go. Anyone joining me in totally boycotting tab books and just illegally downloading tabbing software?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 10:02 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Revan
That's ridiculous. Next they're going to ban music entirely because if we were able to listen to it, we might be able to figure out how to play it. no expression
laughing

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 10:24 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

Thats just ridiculous

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 11:36 PM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

This is unbelievable. I spend my entire lunchbreaks at work downloading and printing off tabs. Then getting bored 5 mins after trying to learn it when I get home.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 09:46 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VoodooChile89

What a selfish prick!!! half the time, with tabs, people find them out for themselves and post what THEY THINK it might be... if anything, they should be getting paid... illegal tabs have helped me in so many ways! thumb up big grin zorro

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 02:24 PM
VoodooChile89 is currently offline Click here to Send VoodooChile89 a Private Message Find more posts by VoodooChile89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Boy
Kevski

Illegal tabs???? WTF, this is the most pathetic thing I've heard and potentially damaging for young guitarists.

If ever browsed a website and seen one of my bands tabs on there I'd be like whoaaaa amazing!!! People want to learn my song!!! Hopefully artists will back the websites!

www.myspace.com/throughsolace
Through Solace- The Stand out in March 08 on Holdfast Records

Old Post Dec 25th, 2005 04:31 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

one little reminder. Number of actual court cases the RIAA has won to date:0

They are an illegal cartel and should be disbanded. It's members should all be jailed for extorsion, price fixing, embezzlement, drug trafficking, bribery, and conspiracy to commit murder.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2005 09:39 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

same with Keiser's MPA and the MPAA

Old Post Dec 25th, 2005 09:46 PM