KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » -=- U.S. vs U.K Who Makes Better Bands?-=-

-=- U.K. vs U.S. -=-
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
U.K. 13 50.00%
Yanks 13 50.00%
Total: 26 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

-=- U.S. vs U.K Who Makes Better Bands?-=-
Started by: Koala MeatPie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

-=- U.S. vs U.K Who Makes Better Bands?-=-

What with Pink Floyd And The Beatles, U.K. DEFENITLY spat out bwtter bands then the U.S. will ever be able to make.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 04:17 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

Pink Floyd is just good, The Beatles are great but not the greatest ever, so you are wrong. And where the hell are Radiohead and Zep who are much better bands than the two you mentioned?

I'd say U.S.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 04:48 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

US made Tool. (for sake of argument only, there are great bands from all over the place.)

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 05:29 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Beatles are WAY overrated, I would like to say.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 05:53 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

Well this is an opiniated thread.

Personally, I prefer 60ies / 70ies / 80ies Bands and The ones out of the U.K appeal more to me.

But it all depends on the person, thus this thread.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 06:22 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lana
Beatles are WAY overrated, I would like to say.

if you was in the 60's u woudnt say that

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 06:27 AM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Deano

Yeah I probably would have; I don't like pop music.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 06:28 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

u dont like them. doesnt mean they are over ratedbig grin

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 06:33 AM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

They are though. Especially with the whole "greatest band ever" that people love to label them with.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 06:41 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

I've recently been digging the hell out of "the only true American artform." So I'm going with US as to where my favorite music is. I refuse to accept that either country "makes better bands" though.

And in spirit of further derailing the thread: calling The Beatles overrated to discredit them is sorta ineffective, seeing the unreasonable amount of hype they have to live up to.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 07:10 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

Originally posted by Afro Cheese

And in spirit of further derailing the thread: calling The Beatles overrated to discredit them is sorta ineffective, seeing the unreasonable amount of hype they have to live up to.

I don't get what you're saying.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 07:46 AM
Afro Cheese

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
I don't get what you're saying.
Well.. The Beatles can't get mentioned in any thread without someone immediately crying "overrated." Yeah they're overrated, but look the legacy they're supposed to live up to. Hailed as by far the greatest band ever with no competition, and hailed as having the best songwriting duo in music... I personally don't know of a band that could fill the Beatles shoes. So basically what I'm saying is that at some point of hype the term overrated becomes so obvious that it's just irrelevant.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 07:59 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Well.. The Beatles can't get mentioned in any thread without someone immediately crying "overrated." Yeah they're overrated, but look the legacy they're supposed to live up to. Hailed as by far the greatest band ever with no competition, and hailed as having the best songwriting duo in music... I personally don't know of a band that could fill the Beatles shoes. So basically what I'm saying is that at some point of hype the term overrated becomes so obvious that it's just irrelevant.

I see what you're saying. I've felt that way about Nirvana. It seems now that whenever Nirvana's mentioned the "overrated" tag is always thrown out. Which was true, considering some of the untrue accolades Nirvana has gotten but I've always thought: How can a band be overrated when everyone nowadays calls them overrated?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 08:18 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Deano

We're not in the 60's though are we? My dad was and he said that all he thought of them was that they were just a really good band.

Take your argument home. The Beatles, while a very good band, are overrated. Simple as. On the flipside, just because you like them doesn't mean they AREN'T overrated.

US has the higher amount of greatest bands in number, but England have Radiohead, who could easily compete with any of those save for maybe a few.

I'll go with the US just for numbers.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 01:04 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

60's and 70's belong to UK
80's doesnt really matter
90's and 00's probably slip into US territory

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 01:21 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

The 80's get such a bad rep, there was awesome music in the 80's man. People slate it as the pop years, but if that's the case then why haven't the 90's and 00's been trashed?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 01:58 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

there's nothin i can pluck from the tope of my head that really stands out from the 80's... maybe white zombie

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 02:40 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Doesn't mean there wasn't anything great just because you don't know of it.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 03:15 PM
Df02

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Doesn't mean there wasn't anything great just because you don't know of it.

-AC

greatness is an opinion... if i don't know of it i can't have an opinion of it, so it can't be great

TotalFormat Forums

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 03:25 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

You mean you can't call it great.

Prince is still great whether you know of him or not, Van Halen, Rush...many other bands who were putting out albums in the 80's. Guns 'N' Roses, The Cure, The Smiths.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 03:56 PM