KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » The Curse of the Remix?

The Curse of the Remix?
Started by: Alpha Centauri

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Curse of the Remix?

Are they ever worth it? I've heard a couple of remixed songs I like, but like film sequels, do they ever equal or surpass the originals?

Or are they just a waste of time? Should songs be left alone?

What are you favourite/least favourite remixes?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 04:55 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

mmm...its hard to find remixes that are well done...one i particularly like is the pump panel remix of new orders confusion...everyone knows it as the tune from the slaughterhouse party in blade...it's one of the few techno tracks i can stand

some of the bloc party remixes on the silent alarm re-release were quite good in my opinion

trent reznor when he remixed megadeth's symphony of destruction...that was also pretty damn good

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 05:07 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought of it because The Cure have a remix album which I never bothered picking up until recently (I owned all their albums previously). Never saw the point just because I don't really like remixes. It's basically songs remixed by them from various albums of theirs.

It's brilliant, really fantastic.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 05:19 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

The remix of Can It Be All So Simple on Raekwon's Cuban Linx album is pretty good.. though it still doesn't touch the original.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 05:19 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I thought of it because The Cure have a remix album which I never bothered picking up until recently (I owned all their albums previously). Never saw the point just because I don't really like remixes. It's basically songs remixed by them from various albums of theirs.

-AC

My brother has that, I think - it is really good.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 06:32 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
The remix of Can It Be All So Simple on Raekwon's Cuban Linx album is pretty good.. though it still doesn't touch the original.
true

Pharoahe Monch- Simon Says

that's a decent tract. pharoahe was trying to go a bit more commercial , but the remix is pointless.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 06:34 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Method Man's verse on that song is amazing though. Busta Rhymes' was also good.

That was when he was actually a unique MC and not some Pussycat Dolls singing idiot.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 07:04 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

I think Method Man's verse on that song is amazing though. Busta Rhymes' was also good.

That was when he was actually a unique MC and not some Pussycat Dolls singing idiot.

-AC
yea the verse was good, but as an overall song, it's weak. i was expecting alot more from Redman.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 07:27 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Pete Rock's remix of ''Deceptacons'' by One Be Lo, The Prodigy's remix of ''Release Yo Delf'' by Meth and the bonus track remix of ''Heavenly Divine'' by Jedi Mind Tricks are outstanding. The second two definitely better than the originals.

Other than that, the remixes of APC's ''Judith'' and ''The Outsider'' are great, and DJ Lethal did a really sweet mix of Limp Bizkit's ''Counterfeit'', which obviously blows the original out of the water.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 08:25 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: The Curse of the Remix?

Are they ever worth it? I've heard a couple of remixed songs I like, but like film sequels, do they ever equal or surpass the originals?

Or are they just a waste of time? Should songs be left alone?

What are you favourite/least favourite remixes?

-AC

Ya viene el sol (beatle bob remix) - OZOMATLI

WAS DA SHIT!!!!

Yo the normal version was so bad when i heard it. I fell asleep. I think remixes are better to have than not having them at all.

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:40 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Didn't think Beck's new album "Guerolito" was necessary. It's alright, but it just wasn't needed.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 02:12 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

1. street dreams remix -nas
2. why remix - jadakiss

thats all i can think

DarkCrawler >>> Your Favorite Sig-Maker

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 02:41 AM
#16 is currently offline Click here to Send #16 a Private Message Find more posts by #16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Remixes of songs done by other artists count? In that case I also liked Blackstar's remix of Children's Story.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 03:23 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Remixes of songs done by other artists count? In that case I also liked Blackstar's remix of Children's Story.
thumb up great song

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 03:54 AM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Don't use the word fantastic ever again.

I told you Mixed Up was good. Had to ignore it and then acknowledge it, didn't you.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 04:47 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Originally posted by Deathblow
and the bonus track remix of ''Heavenly Divine'' by Jedi Mind Tricks are outstanding. The second two definitely better than the originals.

You reckon the remix of Heavenly Divine is better than original? Damn thats one of my favourite tracks on the album, its amazing how 2 people can hear it so differently.

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 09:19 AM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by koolruningz
You reckon the remix of Heavenly Divine is better than original? Damn thats one of my favourite tracks on the album, its amazing how 2 people can hear it so differently.

i didn't like the remix of heavenly divine too much.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 09:29 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

The two remixes that I enjoy the most are also my two dirtiest, cheapest, ugliest, poppiest, guiltiest pleasures:

Ignition (Remix) - R. Kelly
Numb/Encore - Jay Z Vs. Linkin Park

F*ck all you guys! You're all f*cking dicks! **** you!

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 10:54 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Numb/Encore? That wasn't good IMO the 2 songs couldn't be any more different.

Anyways, I personally love NIN's remix of APC's "Judith" I believe it to be better than the original.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 05:13 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think that was Danny Lohner, not NIN.

Might have been, but pretty sure it wasn't. Don't remember though.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 05:17 PM