KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Ultimate-Guitar.coms best of 2005

Ultimate-Guitar.coms best of 2005
Started by: RedAlertv2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RedAlertv2

Ultimate-Guitar.coms best of 2005

Best album of 2005:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/colu...ms_of_2005.html

Best and Worse Bands of 2005:
http://ultimate-guitar.com/news/gen...-_fck_yeah.html

So what do you think of the selections?

Personally I think SOAD deserved #1 on both polls, they really had a fantastic year. I find it ironic that Green Day was worst band and also 2nd best.

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 03:06 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Well, certainly can't argue with the worst bands list laughing out loud though I really don't think Green Day should have been the worst one. SOAD was very deserving of their spots, the top CDs were mostly shit, and the top bands list was okay.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 03:13 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

So many better albums of this year....
I mean some moderate productions for some bands, as their overall albums went,
Deadwing and Octavium.
I really enjoy Octavium as much as some of the other Dream Theater Stuff, Mainly Awake, and Images and Words. But maybe that will come after some more listens
But it still was better than the majority of the Best CD's...
But with New Opeth, and Such, especially OCtane, by Spock's Beard, which I thought was amazing... ANd I forget if Levithian by Mastodon was a 2005, might have to do some research, but I enjoyed all of those, although I havent gotten a chance to listen to all of the new SOAD yet...

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 03:33 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

This was user-voted, you should know very well that it'd only be mainstream stuff stick out tongue

...and you still haven't listened to all of Hypnotize?! Go listen damnit!!!

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 03:37 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

heh..
I just got it for Christmas, I have had zero cash, and now I don't have a CD player, just the Ipod, so it has to wait till I get back home on the 1st...

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 03:38 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mastodon was 2004, for the record.

System are topping a lot of the best polls in guitar magazines.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 02:30 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Alright AC. I was just going off my apparanly failed memory.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 03:27 PM
Bardock42

Just how the **** did Green Day make the first band of the worst bands and the second of the best bands? ...Dan there'S something wrong with that list.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 03:30 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

screamo/post-hardcore/emo-metal band - Avenged sevenfold

wtf is that? that's not a genre, and i mix genre titles together all the time.
not only are they definately nothing to do with Screamo... they arent close to Post Hardcore or Emo either.

they have metal influences so i'll give you that, but they're Metalcore, and shit as well.

i stopped reading when i got that far... was a crap list anyway.

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 03:36 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

Their old stuff was screamo.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 05:42 PM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

They've never been screamo.

Screamo is just another pointless label. Nobody can justify it's use and I challenge anyone to do so.

"Is like emo, but more screaming." Then it's still emo isn't it?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 05:50 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

Is screamo really a genre, or just a vocal style?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 06:10 PM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
Just how the **** did Green Day make the first band of the worst bands and the second of the best bands? ...Dan there'S something wrong with that list.

It happens a lot when there is hype present. One group swallows it; the other thinks they are rebellious for going against it.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 06:12 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Is screamo really a genre, or just a vocal style?

It's a genre, if you're insecure enough to wanna label things right down to sub-sub genres (aka it's not a genre).

People can make all the excuses in the world as to why it is it's own genre, but it's not different enough from the genre of which it is derived to be a sole genre. You can't create another genre label just because a group of bands have vocalists who sing a bit different. It's pointless.

Opeth, Metallica and Mastodon are all metal bands. It doesn't matter what kind of metal, nor do I care. They're metal though.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 10:06 PM
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

I think it's funny what happened to Green Day. I dont think they deserved the worst band of the year, or the best, but it happens. I do agree they have been everywhere and I can see why people dislike them. Oh well.

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 11:26 PM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

i got a huge smile on my face when i saw green day number 1 on worst bands. i woudlnt say the worst band, but i agree i used to love them but then it just got annoying and now i dislike them. but SOAD deserves number 1, they've done a lot and they earned it

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 11:45 PM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Green Day aren't exactly slouches if we're talking about earning things.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 11:47 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

People can make all the excuses in the world as to why it is it's own genre, but it's not different enough from the genre of which it is derived to be a sole genre. You can't create another genre label just because a group of bands have vocalists who sing a bit different. It's pointless.

If people did that, Every song by Mike Patton would have a different Genre!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 04:32 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wouldn't go that far, but I see where you're going.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 04:55 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I've got more stuff by him now, I picked up Mr. Bungle Self Titled...
Thats crazy, I love it. Its so random, although at points it starts to sound a bit like Oingo Boingo...

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 04:21 PM