KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » to my ECLECTIC peeps!

to my ECLECTIC peeps!
Started by: Pointinel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

to my ECLECTIC peeps!

yeah

i just wanna know if eclectic people really exist(people who listens to all genre of music), i know im not. i tried to broaden my music but i just cant appreciate rock and metal. all i listen to is hiphop,rnb,soul and sinatra.

i think AC and Von Doom are the most likely choices, they seem to know a lot about all types of music.

anyways if you are... please state your fav artist for each genre and which genre you like the most.

thanks a lot, lets get it started

DarkCrawler >>> Your Favorite Sig-Maker

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 04:00 AM
#16 is currently offline Click here to Send #16 a Private Message Find more posts by #16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

I wouldn't fall into that catagory, I just don't really like rap, it just bugs me for some reason.

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 04:02 AM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i listen to alot of different kinds of music from hip hop to rock to jazz to classical...

but country music i have to pass.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 04:06 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

I like hip hop, reggae, rock, jazz, soul (60's mainly), house and trance, dub and trip hop. Thats all i can think of at the moment.
Fav artist in these genres are:
hip hop - Blackalicious, PLS, J-Live, Supastition and KRS-1
Reggae - Bob Marley, Dilinger, U-Roy, Jimmy Cliff, The black seeds and Fat Freddy's drop.
Rock - Audioslave, Metallica, Rage and U2
Jazz - Coltrane and Davis
Soul - Otis Redding, James Brown, Marvin Gaye, Sam Cooke and Aretha Franklin.
House and trance - Baby Doc, Lost Tribe, Tony De Vit, Ferry Cortsen and Choci.
Dub - Salmonella Dub, Rhombus, Concord Dawn and Shapeshifter.
Trip hop - Massive attack, Morcheeba, Portishead and Leftfield.

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 08:34 AM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cool_dudes_rule

metal-lamb of god, trivium, slayer.
rock-feeder,ash,3 doors down, ictus.
rap-kanye west, eminem, 2pac.
dance-DJ cammy, DJ sammy, DG G.
reggae-UB40,the black seeds.

i like a bit of other stuff aswell but i dont listen to RnB cause i dont really like it. but i mostly like metal and rock, so i would say im more of a rocker then anything else.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 08:53 AM
cool_dudes_rule is currently offline Click here to Send cool_dudes_rule a Private Message Find more posts by cool_dudes_rule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

I like at least one or two bands from pretty much all forms of rock and metal, from classic to modern day, I also love oldschool funk and R&B, soul, jazz, reggae, blues, a lot of electronic music from techno and hard trance to ambient and trip-hop, also some classical, in particular scores by Bernard Hermann and Thomas Newman, and hip-hop of course.

I consider myself pretty ecletic. Not because I force myself to listen to other types of stuff just to make myself feel like I am, but just because every genre has (at the very least) two or three really good artists that immediately grab me. Good music is good music, regardless of the genre.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 02:39 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

I listen to music that sounds good to me. And i have more of a "what's all the fuss about" approach to music. I listen to what other think is good and i see for myself. My taste is all over the place and i may only just like 1 band from a particular genre and then tons in the other.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 07:23 PM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

well examples of stuff i've listened to just today

ryan adams
bob dylan
the strokes
the faint
delakota
john butler trio
ray lamontagne
jose gonzalez
Itzhak Perlman
velvet revolver
editors

so that covers country, folk, electronica, blues, classical, hard rock and indie

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 09:27 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

John Butler Trio is great. thumb up

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 09:40 PM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Re: to my ECLECTIC peeps!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pointinel
yeah

i just wanna know if eclectic people really exist(people who listens to all genre of music), i know im not. i tried to broaden my music but i just cant appreciate rock and metal. all i listen to is hiphop,rnb,soul and sinatra.

i think AC and Von Doom are the most likely choices, they seem to know a lot about all types of music.

anyways if you are... please state your fav artist for each genre and which genre you like the most.

I wouldn't say I listen to ALL genres, but I would say I have an eclectic taste in music. I agree with Deathblow- good music is good music.

My favourite genre is rock, although within that I count metal and 'indie/alternative'.

I don't know about favourite from each genre, but my recently played list on iTunes has: Iron & Wine, Dillinger Escape Plan, Portishead, Shirley Bassey, Ennio Morricone, The Jacksons, The Smiths, Radiohead, Opeth, Devin Townsend, Kate Bush, Grandaddy, Blur, Mr. Bungle, Eleven, Orthrelm, DJ Shadow, Method Man and Redman, and so on.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 10:08 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by koolruningz

Trip hop - Massive attack, Morcheeba, Portishead and Leftfield.

Not Tricky?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 10:11 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

I like Tricky's solo stuff but not as much as the ones i listed.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 10:19 PM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

I like Tricky's solo stuff but not as much as the ones i listed.

Cool. Have you heard Maxinquaye?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 10:29 PM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Cool. Have you heard Maxinquaye?

Only a few tracks off it, Black Steel, Pumpkin and Aftermath if memory serves me. I've heard Pre Millennium Tension and have got Angels with dirty faces. Im guessing you are ever so subtlety recommending Maxinquaye to me Victor?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 10:48 PM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Only a few tracks off it, Black Steel, Pumpkin and Aftermath if memory serves me. I've heard Pre Millennium Tension and have got Angels with dirty faces. Im guessing you are ever so subtlety recommending Maxinquaye to me Victor?

Well, for me it's the greatest trip-hop album. Followed by Dummy.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 10:52 PM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

I'll hunt it down then. Thanks.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 10:55 PM
Deathblow
-

Yeah it's between Mezzanine and Maxinquaye for sure.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 10:58 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like all sorts of music, I mostly listen to Rock(especially 60's/70's)/Metal/Punk, Classical music and Film scores.

I also like some music, not a lot though, from the Rap world, like some country music especially Patsy Cline, Electronica and so on.

I'm not a fan at all of things like club music though, despise the music, especially when some moron in car drives through our village blasting it out of the car windows...(the stuff that appears on those Ministry of Sound type mixes) and RnB type music in the pop world.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 12:11 AM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Public Enemy
Gram Parsons
Chemical Brothers
Jimmy Cliff
Mogwai
Lee Dorsey
Bloc Party
Tom Petty
Sam and Dave
Sepultura
Dr John
Biffy Clyro
Gang Starr
Bob Dylan
Leftfield
The Toots and The Maytals
Four Tet
The Rolling Stones
CLassical Music ( Air on a g string, paca bel canon, rachmaninov, holst etc (sp)
The Arctic Monkeys

Last edited by papabeard on Jan 13th, 2006 at 12:11 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 12:09 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote