KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » marilyn Manson: Hate or love?

marilyn Manson: Hate or love?
Started by: TigerEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TigerEyes
Immortal soldier

marilyn Manson: Hate or love?

Personally I think he's a genious, I love him, he's my life idol! I want to be him! actually I just want to meet him...or see him in person....

What are your thoughts?

MANSON concert on the 17th of feb was Amazing! BEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN!

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 02:01 AM
TigerEyes is currently offline Click here to Send TigerEyes a Private Message Find more posts by TigerEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Hate his music, not too fond of the person either...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 02:05 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TigerEyes
Immortal soldier

Now see I think his music is amasing. he's an amasing writter...adn he's the way he is too shock and distrub you which is what apeals to me!

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 02:07 AM
TigerEyes is currently offline Click here to Send TigerEyes a Private Message Find more posts by TigerEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronny
Love is Blindness

I like some of his stuff, but he creeps me out.. like.. badness

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 02:11 AM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TigerEyes
Immortal soldier

wot a "lover" not a hater....I put lover in quotations cuz well you think he's creepy..but i probabaly would if i wasn't kinda creep like him.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 02:11 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I will admit I have not heard a whole lot of his music, but I've heard a few songs over the years (and one the other day) and I didn't seem to discover any of his genius...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 02:13 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

the whole shock thing losts it effect after the first year he was out, i read this thing in a mock news article that cracked me up

"marylin manson now going door to door trying to shock people"

it had a picture of him looking bored on someones doorstep laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 02:14 AM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TigerEyes
Immortal soldier

well for your information....
I was reading his biography adn he didn't start the whole chock affect untila few years later....
and he's not a hobo...

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 02:16 AM
StinkFist462
Your Mom

his biography is quite old..

and who said anything about him being a hobo?

the whole shock value has lost its touch. i used to like his music, a lot. now im just wondering what the hell i saw in him that i liked so much. give an example of his "amasing" writing. its all the same recycled bullshit. anti-god, drugs, sex. it gets old after a few songs. yet he has been doing it for half a dozen albums.

Last edited by StinkFist462 on Jan 13th, 2006 at 02:28 AM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 02:26 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

i didnt mean he was homeless...it was a picture from inside of the house and he was on the doorstep trying to look shocking, i dunno, i thought it was funny. guess its one of "you had to be there" things.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 02:32 AM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TigerEyes
Immortal soldier

umm it's 5 ish years old...it came out late 1999, doesn't change the fact he wasn't going for the shock factor at first.
And even if it's recycled topics it's still good. and yah i know lately it's been covers, burt people are still afraid of him.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 02:35 AM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Excrementitious.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 02:36 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

its not still good. Golden Age Of Grotesque is the worst album ive ever bought. Lots of things happen in 6 Years. The only mediocore album he's released is Antichrist Superstar. which wasnt really his work. Trent Reznor, im sure of this (based on the fact that every album before and after were utter trash), pretty much told him what to do.

i honestly dont see what people are arfriad of. its a really ugly skinny pale guy who wears make-up...

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 02:38 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TigerEyes
Immortal soldier

he's gorgeous..lol just digging a deeper hole here....

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 02:39 AM
StinkFist462
Your Mom

(please log in to view the image)

thats sure "gorgeous"..

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 02:41 AM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Haha. The man is 6ft 1 and he weighs 10st.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 02:44 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackSunshine
Do what you want to do

Ok TigerEyes...why are you asking for peoples opinions and then getting all pissy and defensive when they say hes not all that great. Or if someone hates him they're stupid.

Sorry to dissappoint you but hes not that great at all. I mean he does have SOME good songs but most of them are covers of other bands. I can only think of a few of his songs that I actually like such as Lunchbox and Get Your Gunn. I will admit though Sweet Dreams was a pretty bad ass cover.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 02:45 AM
BlackSunshine is currently offline Click here to Send BlackSunshine a Private Message Find more posts by BlackSunshine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

That's charitable. The man is musically talentless.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 02:47 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jeordie White wrote all the Manson music, so there's no reason to like him unless you are liking his personality. In which case you're liking a man who began his career singing, poking fun at and attempting to terrorise the "beautiful people", only to end up becoming one.

Possibly the biggest hypocrite and faker in music.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 02:48 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Some of his covers are ok, but the majority of his songs are crappy remakes. I like his Tainted Love remake, sounds way better than the old crusty version.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 06:26 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote