KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » I like Cheese! The top ten wussy songs you like!

I like Cheese! The top ten wussy songs you like!
Started by: Sir Whirlysplat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like Cheese! The top ten wussy songs you like!

Who cares about cred, we all have our secret pleasures. shifty Songs that simply are not cool, which we should not like, but we do. Records by bands that are not cool, but are kind of cool anyway and those bad records by great artists that drip with cheese like the best kind of homemade burger. This is the thread for your top ten high calorie forbidden treats. The Cheese thread!

I'm starting, here goes any cred I have left wink

1) All Out Of Love by Air Supply
2) Cigarettes And Coffee by Otis Redding
3) Show Me Heaven by Maria Mckee
4) Breakfast In America by Supertramp
5) Sarah by Thin Lizzy
6) Keep On Loving You by Reo Speedwagon
7) Raining Again by Supertramp
8) Long December by Counting Crows
9) Three Times A Lady by The Commodores
10)The First Cut Is The Deepest by Rod Stewart

I know I shouldn't like any of them sad but I do smile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 10:57 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

...hmm...something by phil collins accompanied by a live performance video, freakin hilarious

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 11:02 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like shit songs if they're funny as a result of being shit.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 11:11 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I like shit songs if they're funny as a result of being shit.

-AC

Don't you like some shit songs anyway - I do and the thing is I can never explain why!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 11:15 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah if they're shit then why would I like them?

Never understood that. "Yeah it's/they're shit, but I like it/them." I don't understand how you can admit something is shit, sub-par, not good, and still like it.

If it's funny then I'll listen to it for that sake. Like Duffman's theme (first heard in Ferris Bueler's Day Off I believe). It's actually shit, the idea of someone in a studio thinking "This is great! This is worth releasing!" but it's a hilarious song.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 11:19 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Nah if they're shit then why would I like them?

Never understood that. "Yeah it's/they're shit, but I like it/them." I don't understand how you can admit something is shit, sub-par, not good, and still like it.

If it's funny then I'll listen to it for that sake. Like Duffman's theme (first heard in Ferris Bueler's Day Off I believe). It's actually shit, the idea of someone in a studio thinking "This is great! This is worth releasing!" but it's a hilarious song.

-AC

I like some really overproduced stuff like All out of love because it's an average ballad but it has a full bloody string section, or Gigarettes and Coffee because it is so blaxploitation, some songs are so cheesy they are great imo.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 11:25 PM
Refused
Iconoclast

Keep on Loving you is awesome. Heard it on GTA Vice City and loved it. embarrasment

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 12:13 AM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Yeah, I enjoy some of the more Pop Songs, they just stick in your head to easy. But most are shit. I guess there are some enjoyable once, too.

Oh and with the songs you listed I thionk it'S partly something different. You might like them cause they put you in a certain mood, although factually they are pretty bad.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 12:02 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KMC
Eternal Respect to BC

Any kind of power ballad that makes you screw up your eyes and say "bring in the kids!" in a Paul McCartney style is fine by me. REO Speedwagon, Lionel Ritchie, Phil Collins, Foreigner etc.
Gotta love a bit of Look of Love by ABC as well.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 03:54 PM
KMC is currently offline Click here to Send KMC a Private Message Find more posts by KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

i like songs by air supply, bee gees, abba, michael learns to rock

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 04:46 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote