KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » 2006 Music News!!!

2006 Music News!!!
Started by: FleA1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FleA1

Warning 2006 Music News!!!

We are starting a new year (well, we're on 09/02, but...), and it's a good date to post the music news that are comming this new year...news, rumours, new albums, all....well, perhaps it's not a great idea, but it could work. Well, I start with two news and if you have any news you should post it to let everyone know it.

- The new Red Hot Chili Peppers double CD (called 'Stadium Arcadium' ) is comming on 9 may

- And (if it come real) the most wonderful music news I've ever had...the possible return of The Smashing Pumpkins!! (without James and D'Arcy, but)

Post more news if you want it...thanks!! big grin

Old Post Feb 9th, 2006 10:17 PM
FleA1 is currently offline Click here to Send FleA1 a Private Message Find more posts by FleA1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

Will Haven are close to completing their new album, and will be posting new songs soon

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Feb 9th, 2006 10:20 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: 2006 Music News!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FleA1
We are starting a new year (well, we're on 09/02, but...), and it's a good date to post the music news that are comming this new year...news, rumours, new albums, all....well, perhaps it's not a great idea, but it could work. Well, I start with two news and if you have any news you should post it to let everyone know it.

- The new Red Hot Chili Peppers double CD (called 'Stadium Arcadium' ) is comming on 9 may

- And (if it come real) the most wonderful music news I've ever had...the possible return of The Smashing Pumpkins!! (without James and D'Arcy, but)

Post more news if you want it...thanks!! big grin

05 Late News Bugle called, they said they want you back on headline duty.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 9th, 2006 10:40 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

Re: 2006 Music News!!!

Originally posted by FleA1

so basically Billy Corgan is using the name to make some more music?

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Feb 9th, 2006 10:51 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's never said anything about that. He said he wants the band back, he never said he wishes to do it without the original members, not on his site.

There'd be no point. Although to be fair, he only needs Jimmy Chamberlain. Though no doubt there'll be the odd D'arcy fan and the odd James fan who want them there, despite not being a major part of the band.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2006 10:56 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Hey AC, do you know when the new Tool CD is coming out? Have they announced a date or anything?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2006 11:28 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

There are many rumours flying about but all signs point to May. Blair (Tool webmaster) says that it will be hopefully earlier in the month as opposed to later, but May is the tentative date.

It's been- or is currently in the process of being- mastered. So one must assume the actual record is done (tracks chosen etc) but not "done".

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Feb 10th, 2006 at 12:00 AM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2006 11:54 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Sweet, that's way sooner then I was expecting. Thanks.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2006 11:59 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Yea, I read in a coupla places May and "Spring"
Both of which had me jumping...

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 04:44 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I had read April before, and then heard spring....May sounds good.

Now let's just hope that that doesn't drastically change wink

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 04:50 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Doesn't really matter to me, I know it's this year. Good enough.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 04:59 AM
Refused
Iconoclast

Serengeti - Gasoline Rainbows comes out the 14th of this month! He's hip-hop but he is using live instrumentation on some of his tracks which should be really interesting, closest thing to emo hip-hop (at least thats what he sometimes is labelled under) that i know of, i recommend everyone check this out. Should be good.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 07:47 PM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by Refused
Serengeti - Gasoline Rainbows comes out the 14th of this month! He's hip-hop but he is using live instrumentation on some of his tracks which should be really interesting, closest thing to emo hip-hop (at least thats what he sometimes is labelled under) that i know of, i recommend everyone check this out. Should be good.
is Serengeti really one of the "MF's" or was that just a rumor.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 08:04 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Kid Rock has a new album coming out at the end of this month, with live tracks from previous albums.

Linkin Park has there third album coming out this summer, should be good.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 08:58 PM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

That's what i want to know. (about the MF tag)

Here's some of his old stuff to sample on myspace. http://www.myspace.com/serengetiemo

Turn up that bass on Maria. Shit is Awesome. smokin'

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 08:58 PM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D00m
Smackrobiotic

I was mad confused when hh said there was another MF. I didn't get it at the time that he was talking about Serengeti. As far as I've known him (since his first album) I never really heard that moniker but I assume it's just a homage and nothing more.

This is Hip-Hop: A Tribe Called Quest / Big Daddy Kane / De La Soul / Common Sense / Organized Konfusion / Eric B. & Rakim / Marley Marl / The Pharcyde / Public Enemy / Boogie Down Productions / EPMD / Kool G Rap / Brand Nubian / Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5 / NWA / Main Source / KMD / Farm Fresh / Wu-Tang / Gang Starr / Cormega / Freestyle Fellowship / Pete Rock & CL Smooth / Juice Crew / KRS-One / The Roots / Ultramagnetic MC's / Jungle Brothers / Blackalicious / John Smith / MF Doom / El-P / Supastition / mcenroe / Qwel / Cannibal Ox / Madlib / Company Flow / Black Star / Mr. Lif / Brother Ali / J-Live / O.C. / Count Bass D / I Self Devine

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 09:24 PM
D00m is currently offline Click here to Send D00m a Private Message Find more posts by D00m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

Especially with Grimm and Doom's beef right now. I don't think Grimm wants anything to do with 'MF' anymore so most likely, he wouldn't want anyone on his label with an MF tag.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 09:26 PM
D00m
Smackrobiotic

Honestly I don't get where the "MF" came from involving Serengeti. I was a Huge Doom fan at the time his first album came out and I never noticed it.

This is Hip-Hop: A Tribe Called Quest / Big Daddy Kane / De La Soul / Common Sense / Organized Konfusion / Eric B. & Rakim / Marley Marl / The Pharcyde / Public Enemy / Boogie Down Productions / EPMD / Kool G Rap / Brand Nubian / Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5 / NWA / Main Source / KMD / Farm Fresh / Wu-Tang / Gang Starr / Cormega / Freestyle Fellowship / Pete Rock & CL Smooth / Juice Crew / KRS-One / The Roots / Ultramagnetic MC's / Jungle Brothers / Blackalicious / John Smith / MF Doom / El-P / Supastition / mcenroe / Qwel / Cannibal Ox / Madlib / Company Flow / Black Star / Mr. Lif / Brother Ali / J-Live / O.C. / Count Bass D / I Self Devine

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 09:28 PM
D00m is currently offline Click here to Send D00m a Private Message Find more posts by D00m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

new Manson this year.

supposedly a new Mars Volta record is in the works for a fall/winter release.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 09:33 PM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

Originally posted by StinkFist462

supposedly a new Mars Volta record is in the works for a fall/winter release.

Yah i heard. I can't wait. I'm sort of nervous about it really, i don't want it to suck.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 09:41 PM