KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Dream Theater

Dream Theater
Started by: What the f...?

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
What the f...?

Dream Theater

Who here likes dream theater? ... I absolutely love this band, they are one of, if not the, most talent metal band in the world. Kevin Moore(former Dream theater keyboard player) and Jordan Rudess (current keyboard player) are the reason why I decide to play keyboards. And im gonna be seeing them in concert soon, for the second time. cool I've only found out about them last year, but it didnt take me long to into to them. I have all their albums and Dvds and they are my favourite band of all time. So who else here are crazy about this band, and If you havent heard of this band, check them out.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 09:02 PM
What the f...? is currently offline Click here to Send What the f...? a Private Message Find more posts by What the f...? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Scenes From a Memory is a good album.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 11:46 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I don't have that one...
Just Awake, Images and Words, Change in Seasons and Octavium.
Octaviom is a real change from their other stuff, It was interesting...

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 01:47 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Home is their best song, it's on Scenes From a Memory. Should check it out if you already love Dream Theater.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 02:04 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
What the f...?

Home is a great song... I love it, its not my favourite song though, Change of seasons is a masterpeice, I love that song. I prefer Images over SFAM. Home is defintely my top 3 though with metropolis.

Tptmanno1; Octavarium probable sounds so different because your practically ten years apart from each album(awake was released in 1994, and they also changed their keyboard player). Usually Dream Theater sounds different from album to album anyways, but I didnt think it was anything drastic, except for "I Walk Beside You", I really dont like that song, the song sounds alot like u2

Edit: Tptmanno1, I also recommend you check out scenes from a memory, its one of their better albums.

Last edited by What the f...? on Mar 5th, 2006 at 04:45 AM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 04:30 AM
What the f...? is currently offline Click here to Send What the f...? a Private Message Find more posts by What the f...? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

I love Dream Theater.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 11:55 AM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etrigan
?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
I don't have that one...
Just Awake, Images and Words, Change in Seasons and Octavium.
Octaviom is a real change from their other stuff, It was interesting...

Octavarium was cheese melody.

It was okay, but far from their best.

I have that, Scenes From A Memory (their best!), Train Of Thought, and Awake.

I love them. Amazing band. John Myung is my bassist's idol.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 03:33 PM
Etrigan is currently offline Click here to Send Etrigan a Private Message Find more posts by Etrigan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

i've got Images and Words and its a solid album, one of my mates is right into it and their other albums are pretty fine too, irrelevant of me not knowing their names

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 10:28 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote