KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » The Darkness

The Darkness rules... Or does it?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Love it! 5 55.56%
High voice rules... 1 11.11%
Hate it 0 0%
Its OK 3 33.33%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Darkness
Started by: Otus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Otus
A come-back maker!

The Darkness

Is anybody listening to The Darkness?? I just love that band... I even got The Darkness-cellphonecovers roll eyes (sarcastic) Well, tell me!

And, if someone doesn't know, The Darkness is British (glam)rock-band, with a real high-singing vocalist... They just published new album One way Ticket To Hell ...And Back rolling on floor laughing

Last edited by Otus on Mar 18th, 2006 at 12:12 PM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 12:07 PM
Otus is currently offline Click here to Send Otus a Private Message Find more posts by Otus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

First album kicked ass, second album I havent fully listened to yet but from what I heard....meherm And theyre playing here in a month

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 12:15 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

The new album is actually better, but it takes longer to click.

They're not 'glam-rock'.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 04:18 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

i have not listened to them, can someone tell me of an album i could start with

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 05:19 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Excellent band.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 05:24 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Personally... I like them.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 05:25 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Otus
A come-back maker!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
The new album is actually better, but it takes longer to click.

They're not 'glam-rock'.

Well, actually I don't even know what glamrock means, or I wouldn't be able to explain it. But I read somewhere that they are glamrock, so...

Great band anyway. Had the second album as a chrismaspresent and Iīm going to buy first one. Heard some songs from first album, and they were bit better than newer ones.

Favorite songs?? Mine is probably "English Country Garden" from second album, or "I Believe In A Thing Called Love" from the first.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 05:37 PM
Otus is currently offline Click here to Send Otus a Private Message Find more posts by Otus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Otus
A come-back maker!

Come on, tell your favorite song!! Or if you donīt have any, then...

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 09:10 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Love on the Rocks with no Ice has been mine for a very long time.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 10:06 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etrigan
?

THeir first album was very very good, a real breakthrough. I went to see them live after it was released.

The second album is good... but it really can't match the first one, I'm afraid.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 11:21 AM
Etrigan is currently offline Click here to Send Etrigan a Private Message Find more posts by Etrigan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Otus
A come-back maker!

Here a link to one of their videos:

"I Believe In A Thing Called Love"
http://mfile.akamai.com/9139/asf/st...edlove_w_hi.asx

About a minute from the beginning, is my favorite part, when the guitar falls in JustinÂīs (Vocalist/Solo guitarist) hands...

Last edited by Otus on Mar 19th, 2006 at 11:55 AM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 11:51 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Etrigan
THeir first album was very very good, a real breakthrough. I went to see them live after it was released.

The second album is good... but it really can't match the first one, I'm afraid.

I think it's better.

It's just not as recognised that it's better because of the insanely big smash that Permission to Land was. Just like Kid A is better than OK Computer but it's not too widely recognised purely because of what came before.

To each their own though.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 04:08 PM
Otus
A come-back maker!

Yes, back in 2003 The Darkness was shocking, now itīs bit more average, I guess...

Anyone watched that video??

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 10:13 PM
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

i love Permision to Land, it took a while for it to click, and i managed to miss seeing them at Big Day Out when they played, where i work we love Permision to Land, everyone knows most of the words so as soon as we're drunk it comes on. I Belive In A Thing Called Love is my favourite song at the moment

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 12:43 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Otus
A come-back maker!

Thatīs my favorite song too... About concerts, the just played here in Finland 7.3.2006. Didnīt have money enough and my parents wouldnīt have let me go there anyway... sad

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 10:22 PM