KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Are there no muscians in this place?

Are there no muscians in this place?
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OB1-adobe

Are there no muscians in this place?

Just curious, because nobody in here seems to talk about what kind of music they're writing, or instruments or whatever.

Every thread is like:

"OH MY GOD FALL OUT BOY!!!!!!!!!!! THEY'RE SOOOOOOOOOO HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 04:13 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Fall Out boy...ok hot yes, but musically good - not really. Well not my thing anyway.

I'm not really a musician - i do play bass guitar, but i hardly think that qualifies me as a musician.

There are actually quite a few musicians around - some who write songs, and many who play instruments.

Use a serach function, im sure you'll find lots of threads about musicians around here.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 04:20 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Have you ever written anything on bass?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 04:23 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FE Expert
Fire Emblem expert

I am the alto sax champion of the Jedi Order. I never wrote anything for alto sax.

Name a number between 1 and 10
Pandemonium

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 04:42 PM
FE Expert is currently offline Click here to Send FE Expert a Private Message Find more posts by FE Expert Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

No.

Bass is not really an instrument you can ''write music on'' per se. I do like to play occasional blues and jazz on it - it helps me improve, although much of it is far more difficult than rock or alternative.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 04:43 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

I have been playing bass for 14 years. Its hard to tell exactly how good i am, its hard to tell. Mainly because I'm self taught in everything, and I can't say with a lot of confidense that I studied and am totally well versed in this and that.

I 'm not really a show off type of bassist. I don't walk into a guitar store, and go "hey everybody look at me!" I don't really play a lot of funk, even though I would like to learn more. I try to be semi versed in all styles of bass playing from heavy ass bass lines, to blues jam, to total spontanous jazz style jamming, thumb mute reggae, slap funk, and techno style.

Mostly my forte is righting melodies, and really melodic things.

Bass can be a righting instrument, you just just need to think who its going to counter act with other intruments.

Right now I'm working on my album where I am trying my hand at playing everything guitar, bass, drums, keys, vocals, and other instruments.

So basically I've written guitar riffs while playing bass, and bass lines while playing guitar.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 05:19 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I've started an or participated in several musician threads cause i play several instruments

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 05:25 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etrigan
?

Lots of people I see here play the bass guitar. I do too, but I'm not that good.

I play the cello too. Nothing like classical music now and again.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 10:42 AM
Etrigan is currently offline Click here to Send Etrigan a Private Message Find more posts by Etrigan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

The bass is the easiest instrument to play, thats why its called a bass, its short for basic. big grin

What do you call someone who hangs out with musicians?

A Drummer!

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 11:18 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by papabeard
The bass is the easiest instrument to play, thats why its called a bass, its short for basic. big grin

A Drummer!

That's older then Kaïn and Abel no expression
It was Kaïn and Abel right? confused

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 12:01 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Slay
That's older then Kaïn and Abel no expression
It was Kaïn and Abel right? confused

Think it was Timmy and Tommy.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 12:49 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Because I can
Defenestration

Originally posted by papabeard

A Drummer!

lol

Originally posted by Bardock42
Think it was Timmy and Tommy.

rolf!!!

i play around on the piano... i never really learnt it, regret giving it up...
I play the trumpet, and you cant really write songs on it unless you write for other instruments to make a band.... its hard sad
Ummm,
Originally posted by Etrigan
Lots of people I see here play the bass guitar. I do too, but I'm not that good.

I play the cello too. Nothing like classical music now and again.

a) CLASSICAL ROCKS (all music does ^^)
b) I'd LOVE to play the cello.... Yo Yo Ma, he's inspired me.. and others too

Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence
Thanks Scythe for the awesome sig

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 01:32 PM
Because I can is currently offline Click here to Send Because I can a Private Message Find more posts by Because I can Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

I am very eager to play the cello. One of the many instruments I want to add to my music. Yo Yo Ma is sick.

The drummer joke was funny, but I actually have immense respect for a lot of drummers. good ones anyway.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 04:54 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

You can write music on any instrument, I'm puzzled as to why the contrary was even considered.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 06:02 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You can write music on any instrument, I'm puzzled as to why the contrary was even considered.

-AC

exactly.

see:Primus as a prime example of what you can create on a bass.
personally not been playing bass for very long, just been learning songs which encompass all 4strings, and preferably hammering,pulling and slides as well, so i get used to the fingering as quickly as possible along to a tune im hugely familiar with. seems easiest and quickest to me.

not to mention learning as i go along in our Spandau Ballet mess about covers band haha

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 07:40 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cover Gold, as previously said.

Do it.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 07:56 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

I've been playing violin since age 5. I've only started writing for it, so none of my work is what I would consider "high quality".

Just started to learn piano last year.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove on Mar 25th, 2006 at 08:32 PM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 08:30 PM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deicide
Custodian with schools

I play the bass, i been playin for 7 years. i dont claim to be the best, i just play cuz its fun. im not a "show-off" type of player, but when i play im not in the back "one-string-wonderin" it. im up front and loud. smile i do have tablature but i dont play other ppls music. ive made up my own scales, chords and riffs, and they sound good to the ppl i play with, so i guess thats kool. when I play i sound like Cliff Burton or Steve Harris.

Attachment: returndead4-ic.jpg
This has been downloaded 38 time(s).

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 03:31 PM
Deicide is currently offline Click here to Send Deicide a Private Message Find more posts by Deicide Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bierbommetje

I play a bit of drums

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 03:36 PM
Bierbommetje is currently offline Click here to Send Bierbommetje a Private Message Find more posts by Bierbommetje Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
I've been playing violin since age 5. I've only started writing for it, so none of my work is what I would consider "high quality".

Just started to learn piano last year.

Violin! I've played since I was about 8 years old, so for 12 years now. I rarely play it anymore though.

I really want to learn bass but first I need to find one I can use (I've got small hands so most are too large for me to hold and play).

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 04:05 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote