KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Oasis

Oasis
Started by: Darth Nepulis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Oasis

I did a search but nothing came up, unbelievable!

'Stop Crying Your Heart Out' always brings tears to my eyes...

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 05:00 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

That's odd, I did a search and found a thread on it right away.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...highlight=oasis

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 05:17 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

owned?

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 05:49 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Oasis were good for about 1 year, they should give it up.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 11:02 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

They've ran out of good songs now but it's still a great feeling when you're in the pub and an Oasis song gets played. Especially if you've had about 8 pints.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 11:32 AM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bierbommetje

Blur > Oasis

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 01:53 PM
Bierbommetje is currently offline Click here to Send Bierbommetje a Private Message Find more posts by Bierbommetje Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

(Whats the Story) Morning Glory and Definatly Maybe are they're best work, Stop Crying Your Heart Out is a great song but it didn't save that cd.

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Mar 30th, 2006 09:00 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i like how every time they bring out an album they say its going to be their best...and everyone has gotten progresively worse since definitely maybe

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2006 10:46 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
i like how every time they bring out an album they say its going to be their best...and everyone has gotten progresively worse since definitely maybe
You've pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2006 11:39 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Originally posted by -hh-
owned?

Not really erm

I honestly did a search that came up with nothing. That search engine is ****en useless...

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 10:08 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Originally posted by Darth Nepulis
Not really erm

I honestly did a search that came up with nothing. That search engine is ****en useless...

What is weird is that you had already posted in the other Oasis thread which you profess
to be ignorant of! Weird, weird, weird.

At the pivotal moment of the Brit-pop era, when Oasis and Blur clashed in the charts, I chose Blur. Oasis never again reached the heights of 'Definitely Maybe' and 'Morning Glory' (to a lesser extent), whereas Blur went abstract, and Damon went left of the mainstream with his involvment with the excellent Gorillaz.

Oasis = grey poo-poo.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 12:28 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Originally posted by jaden101

The last one they released, I think it was called "Dont Believe The Truth", I thought was better than "Be Here Now" "SOTSOG" and "The Hindu Times", but still nowhere near their best form.

A lot of their best stuff is the stuff Noel did solo and the B-sides.

Like Half the World Away, Sad Song, The Masterplan, D'yer wanna be a spaceman etc

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 12:48 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cool_dudes_rule

the songs i like from them is little by little, don't look back in anger, some might say, but i have to admit though there latest stuff is absolutely rubbish some one said to me there new stuff is like there first album i thought yeah whatever.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 09:06 AM
cool_dudes_rule is currently offline Click here to Send cool_dudes_rule a Private Message Find more posts by cool_dudes_rule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
arceli

"Don't look back on anger" is the song that bring tears in my eyes...and I like their song wonderwall, champaign supernova and supersonic...wink

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 09:16 AM
arceli is currently offline Click here to Send arceli a Private Message Find more posts by arceli Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Their best song is not even on any of their albums: 'Whatever'.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 09:46 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

My favorite Oasis songs: Cast no shadow, Acquiesce, Columbia, Dont look back in anger, Slide away, Rocking chair and Some might say.
These are all old tracks, their new stuff is gash.

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 10:22 AM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Originally posted by koolruningz
These are all old tracks, their new stuff is gash.

Nice use of the word gash, laughing out loud

I thought Gash was just a scottish slang word?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 12:09 PM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

I liked Live Forever when it came out, and bought Definitely Maybe. It's alright but I haven't bothered to listen to it for about 10 years.

I much prefer[red] Blur. Oasis aren't really troubling any good artists- it's just music for fat football fans in the pub.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 05:14 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cool_dudes_rule

Originally posted by arceli
"champaign supernova"
that is just a amazing song. long but gooood.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 12:14 PM
cool_dudes_rule is currently offline Click here to Send cool_dudes_rule a Private Message Find more posts by cool_dudes_rule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
it's just music for fat football fans in the pub.

laughing out loud

In pastel coloured Ralph Lauren shirts.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 12:32 PM